* Bargain Week: Multiple Server Offers in multiple locations

Servers starting from 49$/month in the LowEnd up to 119$/month for XP1900 in the HighEnd. Chicago DC

Also 10mbit servers based on AMD XP or Intel P4. Denver DC

Special offers the whole week, see for yourself on http://www.nocsol.com under Products
    Get 10% off first payment (even setup fee) if you pay via PayPal

Feel free to ask for information here in a reply

Shame you're only offering 10 MBIT connections in Denver.

Originally posted by Tazzman
    Shame you're only offering 10 MBIT connections in Denver.
    Well we have to utilize the GigE from Cogent with as less hardware cost possible. The result will be cheap bargains in the future there though

Quick questions: How is bandwidth measured? How much RAM can you get in the Intel 1.8Ghz servers? And how soon can you get the server up for me in the Chicago DC?

Also - can I choose the "512MB RAM upgrade option" and be upgraded to 1gig ram for $89?

Thanks for your questions

Originally posted by c0bra
    Quick questions: How is bandwidth measured? How much RAM can you get in the Intel 1.8Ghz servers? And how soon can you get the server up for me in the Chicago DC?

Also - can I choose the "512MB RAM upgrade option" and be upgraded to 1gig ram for $89?
    Bandwith is MRTG measured (actual bandwith).
    You can get 1GB RAM in but there is also the option of another motherboard, we are flexible people
    You can have the server up in 48-72 hours from order. Weill be faster in the future, setting up a lot of stuff still

I guess... yeah. Just look at your initial RAM and then apply the proper upgrade

I'm assuming those Chicago servers are in the FDC/Kingcomp datacenter, in which case there is no real need to measure bandwidth as there are no overage charges.

Nice touch adding the APC's though, seeing as FDC staff has been known to take 3 hours to reboot my server (though it's gotten much much better lately, last time it took them 5 minutes).

I'm now since 01. Mai with StarHost/NocSol. Have a Server in the Denver DC (first in Nacnet) and are verry Happy with the Service/Speed/Quality from them, had never a Downtime .
    Can only say this: Try them but I assure you will never leave them
    **** Greetings from Switzerland:: Marco ****
    *** little Info: I'm from a NonEnglish-Country so hope you understand what I mean ***

What control panels do these servers come with?
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: johna11en@hotmail.com | e-mail

Originally posted by Tazzman
    I'm assuming those Chicago servers are in the FDC/Kingcomp datacenter, in which case there is no real need to measure bandwidth as there are no overage charges.

Nice touch adding the APC's though, seeing as FDC staff has been known to take 3 hours to reboot my server (though it's gotten much much better lately, last time it took them 5 minutes).
    Yes we teamed up with FDC and I can only say that my cooperation with Petr is very postitive. He is a natural professional guy and it is a pleasure doing business with him.

Things there are getting better with FDC day by day, we just installed new pipes and also the "nice touch" with the APC's is a result of this imrovement. You can expect a lot from us and FDC in the days to come

No control panel I should think, just plain OS install unless you pay extra, or are you asking which panels they suppot/sell?

And you'll never hear me complain about FDC. I was one of their early customers and have excellent communication with Petr. Just waiting for them to launch the new site and the new pipes. I won't say there haven't been issues, but Petr is always willing to listen and everything comes out in the wash

They have in the last few days gone above and beyond to resolve a speed issue with my server and it looks like they have finally cracked it today
    Last edited by Tazzman; 07-14-2002 at 09:39 PM.

I work with Robert and he is a great guy. Very fair and honest, and also obessed with providing good deals. You can't go wrong with him.

I don't think Robert offers any control panel with the server, but those are really terriffic deals already (he has got to put food on the table, afterall). I do know that he can get you great deals on plesk and cpanel license, so you should email him and ask for that.

Peter

Post Control Panels

All servers come with a plain Red Hat 7.3 install nothing else and no other OS.

We are launching control-panel.net in a week and this will be a place where you can get Control Panels of all kind and Billing Systems too... simply everything that "Controls" stuff

We do however install (not support!) CPanel, Plesk etc for FREE if you have a license. We will keep on doing that with the only difference that in a week you can buy them from US

I actually missed the overages bit hehe. If there are "no overage charges", what happens if we go over our bandwidth allocation? I hope the power supply wont be cut.

Originally posted by c0bra
    I actually missed the overages bit hehe. If there are "no overage charges", what happens if we go over our bandwidth allocation? I hope the power supply wont be cut.
    We always had following policy and are actually happy with it:
    We do not charge overages as we equip every machine with the amount of BW which is apropriate for it. Providing that noone is cheating by putting warez on our servers there is not so much of a possibility that it goes way over. If it does though we discuss it with the client and he switches packages or so. But we never "suprise" you with a sudden and unexpected charge,

As far as I can recall only one client, which is still with us btw, I think it was Sqee! went over because of some of his clients. We gave him another 300GB BW block and he took actions so it won't happen again and it didn't. If we had billed him then we would have peopbably lost a good client which now generates revenue for us all these months..

Can you provide a pingable IP for your Chicago, IL location?

Originally posted by mushrew
    Can you provide a pingable IP for your Chicago, IL location?

I can recommend Robert's services as well. Overall great service and just last week they fixed a problem on my server that the Cpanel team didn't fix within several days (problem was caused by Cpanel and the Apache update) - and of course for free

although he's not WHT's favourite godfather, he's most definitely an honest and fanatical leader of his company.

he's extremely easy to contact (he's usually checking email or on msn, aol, yahoo, icq, and irc most of the day.) and you can call / sms him whenever you need him (trust me, he even answers his phone in the shower).

he's also very responsive to tech support issues, he has a great team of techs handy to help out when needed, and he loves putting together great deals. if that's not a good thing, then i don't know what is.

/glowing review

Very Nice offer indeed, Robert...