Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem with Godaddy

Question :

AMHow i can do modification in name servers, if your site i mean
    godaddy site is not coming in Pakistan ?

Answer :

Dear Munawar Hussain,
    We have blocked Pakistan due to it being a known Terrorist-friendly state. This is per request of the United States Government, which we comply with. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Visit our web forum for information that may answer some of your questions at:
    Supportwebsite.com
    Sincerely,
    Nate J.
    Customer Care Representative

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

What they want to do after hiding godaddy site, and how godaddy registered users will work , does this site blocking will stop terriroism, if yes then how ? many other doamin registeretaion sites coming in Paksitan, in my opinion only this way give trouble to registered users. what do you say ?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wow! Go USA! Finally the US government taking some action to prevent the spread of cyber crimes in pakistan.
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

Got another reply from godaddy

Dear Munawar Hussain,

Please excuse me, however I was mistaken about the reason of blocking Pakistan - it's blocked due to a high occurance of fraud. The only reasons we block countries is due to fraud or being terrorist-friendly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Visit our web forum for information that may answer some of your questions at:

Supportwebsite.com

Sincerely,
    Nate J.
    Customer Care Representative

Damn fraudie terrorists!
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

>>We have blocked Pakistan
    I love it when Americans block developing contries - more customers for me!

damn, that wasn't a nice reply from GoDaddy. Well, maybe there are fraud problems but other people will suffer due to that. Ask them if the blockage will be removed in the near future or not.

The representative Nate J. did not even know what she was talking about.

It was a racist comment to just blindly say without even knowing that you are from a terrorist country and therefore we dont wanna do business with u.

Then she comes back the real reason. Many of the shopping sites are also not letting pakistani ips use credit cards. It is a fact that many people steal credit cards in pakistan and get away with it easy so this was a good decision not to let the whole population use it unless the government puts strict rules for credit card theft. out there.

Why dont u file a legal law suit against This customer care rep. ? i am sure u can win the case due to the racist remarks.

Originally posted by SalmanKhana
    The representative Nate J. did not even know what she was talking about.

It was a racist comment to just blindly say without even knowing that you are from a terrorist country and therefore we dont wanna do business with u.

Then she comes back the real reason. Many of the shopping sites are also not letting pakistani ips use credit cards. It is a fact that many people steal credit cards in pakistan and get away with it easy so this was a good decision not to let the whole population use it unless the government puts strict rules for credit card theft. out there.

Why dont u file a legal law suit against This customer care rep. ? i am sure u can win the case due to the racist remarks.
    Racist? Where?
    Nate J was just using a canned message.
    Luke
    oh yeah...

abu Ali

Why bother argueing - just get another registrar

www.Joker.com
    www.eNom.com
    www.DirectI.com

Star Gate is also nice, but WHT blockes their URL here.

Use namecheap.com, i really trsust them
    Freelance designer, providing CHEAP and HIGH QUALITY designs.
    EMail: webmaster[at]phatronic.com
    Y! Messenger ID: phatronic - ICQ: 159396474
    Portfolio: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75511

I think it was a good move by GoDaddy, no offence, but it is true that a very high level of fraud comes from Pakistan. I personally have had a lot of 'orders' from so called businesses in Pakistan only to find the credit card doesnt pass our payment gateway fraud system.
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

Hussain, how do they expect you to make nameserver modifications, and other domain specific tasks, that must be done through their control panel?

I cant believe I just read that!

Does that mean the USA government will ask godaddy to stop registering domain for Irish (IRA), Spain (ETA) and every other country that has a terrorist war going on?..Or is it just the enemy countries of America??

I dont want to turn this into a political discussion but I wouldnt take that sitting down!

Email GoDaddy or Mr Bush for the answer to that.
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

more customers for others i guess.

I will....Is his email still georgebush@hotmail.com? The last I heard he changed to Yahoo! Its so hard to keep track of him these days

http://forums.webhostdir.com/
    All your hosts are belong to us

Godaddy are racists!

It seems like a large group of Americans are now racists because of what happened September 11th.

Well, have I got news for you: Not all Pakistans/Afghanistans/Whatever are terrorists!

Geez, that poor guy could just sue Godaddy's ass if he wanted too.

And for the record: I'm not from the middle east, I'm from Sweden.

There are plenty of domain registrars out here - you don't have to do business with any one of us if you don't like our policies or practices.

When you operate at such a low margin as GoDaddy does, you cannot afford any fraud. It does not surprise me that they are blocking whole countries where fraud is an issue.

We get a significant number of fraudulent transactions a month, and though we get the domain names back, they are rarely anything interesting for us to resell - so we basically eat the fraud costs.

We have talked about blocking access to our ordering pages from a number of IP blocks in order to cut our fraud losses. We may still do so at some point, but I do understand where GoDaddy are coming from.

It's very difficult to prosecute credit card fraud outside of the US, and the perps know it and take advantage of it.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

thewitt,

Yeah right, as if you get more frauds from countries like Pakistan than the US. Who are you trying to fool?

I don't mean to sound rude, but that is just a pathetic excuse.

Arent there other security measures godaddy can take to prevent fraud instead of blocking all orders from a single country?

The fact of the matter is they said in their email that they were complying with US law and not selling domains to "Terrorist Friendly" nations.

That is discriminating against a race. That is Racism!

Originally posted by andiegirl
    Yeah right, as if you get more frauds from countries like Pakistan than the US. Who are you trying to fool?

I don't mean to sound rude, but that is just a pathetic excuse.
    I'm sorry if you don't believe me, but it's true. We don't get many fraudulent credit card orders from the US at all.

The IP addresses for the last 6 months of fraudulent orders map primarily to Indonesia, Pakistan and Turkey.

I'm sorry if this offends you.

-t

Originally posted by Eurofficial
    The fact of the matter is they said in their email that they were complying with US law and not selling domains to "Terrorist Friendly" nations.
    I'm not sure what law they are using here, but we have not had any such instructions from the US government.

It's much more likely they are responding to a high frequency of fraudulent credit card orders than any US government edict to block Pakistan. I'm purely speculating however - they may indeed have been asked to block certain nations, however we have not been asked anything similar.

-t

Actually, if you read all the messages, you'll see they sent a follow-up message stating they don't sell to Pakistan because of fraud:

Dear Munawar Hussain,

Please excuse me, however I was mistaken about the reason of blocking Pakistan - it's blocked due to a high occurance of fraud. The only reasons we block countries is due to fraud or being terrorist-friendly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Visit our web forum for information...
    BTW, regardless, there was nothing racist in any of the messages.

Here's some more up-to-date information about the U.S. and economic sanctions. They do sometimes limit what countries U.S. businesses can deal with.

http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforce...ons/index.html
    Last edited by adland II; 07-13-2002 at 12:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast