hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Employment Offers & Requests : Employment / Job Requests : Technical Support / Customer Service Guru for hire FT/PT

Forum Jump

Technical Support / Customer Service Guru for hire FT/PT

Reply Post New Thread In Employment / Job Requests Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 08:42 AM
WHT Addict

Technical Support / Customer Service Guru for hire FT/PT

Hello WHT,

I am currently seeking part time/full time employment with an established webhosting company. I have 6 years of experience in the hosting and technical industry working remotely for large webhosting companies. I am 20 years old and currently attending ITT Technical School for Computer Science/Networking.

I am infact seeking a graveyard position if at all possible, but am willing to accomodate other shifts. You can contact me via email or PM. If you would like to speak over the phone, please PM me requesting to speak with me over the phone and I will provide a phone number in which you can reach me at.

Below is my resume. Please no replies on this thread.

Jesse Asklund

email: saintagex[at]hotmail.com
AIM handle: LordSainTCNT

Objective

To further my technical skills, solve interesting challenges, and master systems administration in a large environment. To have a general knowledge of every aspect of hosting, including, but not limited to; support, sales, customer service, and billing.

Work Experience

Vortech Hosting - Technical Support
Online Based / January 2007

Worked as the only graveyard technician handling server restarts, tickets, and live chats. Restarted various services on servers with high loads and/or running backups. Remotely rebooted downed machines and provided contact with local datacenter techs. (Worked in an hsphere environment here)

HostingZoom - Customer Service/Sales
Online Based / April 2006

Was one of two customer service/sales representatives handling live chats, phones, and helpdesk tickets Monday through Friday. Handled large amounts of ticket inquires daily, along with live chats with sales and customer service questions.

MICFO LLC - Level 1/2 Sales/Billing/Support/Customer Service
Online Based / January 2006

Was the only US tech on board handling all departments level 1-2. 100+ tickets/day - 50+ calls/day - 20+ chats/day. Gave me alot of experience in multi tasking in multiple areas.

HOSTGATOR - Chat Support / Customer Service / Sales
Online Based / June 2005

Handled chat support/sales via Timpani (live person).

ALPHARED - Technical Support / On-call support
Online Based / July 2005

Was an on-call basis tech installing software, updating software, and doing other technical oriented needs. Very professional datacenter who needed some additional remote work help, which I managed.

HOSTDIGIT - Owner/Founder
Online Based / January 2005

Owned and operated hostdigit, was founded for the purpose of shared hosting until it moved on to doing dedicated servers, and only dedicated servers. Resold from various DataCenters such as BurstNET, ThePlanet, Managed.com, Savvis, and more top datacenters. Specialized in sales and some marketing.

SUCCESSFUL HOSTING - Level 1/2 Technical Support
Online Based / May 2005

One of many tech support personel, provided ticket support, live support, and email support on an hourly basis. Solved up to Level 2 Support problems and concerns in a linux environment with webhosting. Worked with various programs such as Alabanza, Hsphere, Kayako, Live Support to solve various problems with customers.

DECENTRACK - Level 1/2 Technical Support
Online Based / January 2005

Lead tech support, handled web-based server reboots for dedicated server customers. Worked with apache, dns, bind, smtp and other programs to repair problems with customers needs. Worked with cpanel, fantistico, and other offbrand control panels. Also worked with live support, ticket support, and email based support. *Note: Very light working with bind/smtp*

LUCIDGAMING - Owner/Founder
Online Based / December 2004

Owner and founder of lucidgaming gameservers. Constructed a lively gameserver business starting with very few dedicated servers and very few customers. Hired sales and support staff to handle sales/billing/support related issues that needed to be taken care of. Eventually company grew to over 40 active gameserver customers and hired a working staff. *Company Over, Bad Market*

SERVERREALM - Co-Owner / Support / Sales
Online Based / September 2002

Co-founded serverrealm gameservers. Helped create the business by doing sales, and basic server setup to enhance my knowledge with linux-based systems. I began doing alot of server work based on this company and eventually my partner and I sold the company to a user found on webhostingtalk.

Education

Central High School, Computer Science., 2003-2005
Computer science and general knowledge.

ITT Technical School, Computer Science/Networking., 2007-Present
Computer networking, CISCO, computer science.

Academic Projects

Took classes such as accounting, business marketing, marketing essentials, and intro to business 1 & 2.

Academic Coursework

Used all of microsoft based software, as well as quickbooks, and marketing strategies for the web industry. Completed taxed-based paperwork for testing purposes to learn how taxes work.

Independent Technical Study

Joined FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) for 2 years which included trips to various businesses who were built by entrepeneurs and learned how they marketed, created, and ran their business sucessfully.

Skills

Customer Service -
Experienced with resolving large amounts of customer service tickets in a timely manner, as well as the proper etiquette in responses.

Sales Management -
Experienced in doing sales via any form of advertisement, as well as technical-oriented sales via tickets/chats/phones.

Billing Management -
Individual experience in billing softwares such as ModernBill, ClientExec, and more. Can manage billing schedules and much more.

WWW Servers -
Apache 1.3.x/2.0.x/Latest
Networking -
Telnet, FTP, DNS, ifconfig, netstat, HTTP
Mail -
SMTP, POP, Sendmail (lightly)
Admin Tools -
top, traceroute, ping, webmin
Backup -
tar
Security -
SSH, Some IPtables, Some port scanners
Graphics -
Adobe Photoshop, MS Office
Databases -
Some MySQL
Other -
MRTG, Some CVS

References

HostingZoom -
www.hostingzoom.com
email: kiet@hostingzoom.com
aim: ZoomKiet

Micfo LLC -
www.micfo.com
email amir@micfo.com
aim: Micfo Group

AlphaRed -
www.alphared.com
email sanduval@alphared.com
aim: SanduvalAlphaRed

SuccessfulHosting -
www.successfulhosting.com
email: abrecher@successfulhosting.com
aim: alexanderbrecher

LucidGaming - (myself as I ran it on my own)
www.lucidgaming.com
email: support@lucidgaming.com
aim: LucidJesse

ServerRealm -
www.serverrealm.com
email: xprt5@hotmail.com
aim: x2qwik

I also have personal references that I can provide upon request.

Last edited by bear; 01-22-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: By request

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2007, 05:33 PM
WHT Addict

Please note that I am looking for hourly/salary based pay and not on a per ticket/incident basis. I am more than willing to sign any factual contracts and no competes.

Jesse

Old 05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
WHT Addict

Some of you may be questioning why sudden changes in companies, I am willing to go more in depth upon request, but majority of the companies did infact move to in-house support, or outsourced.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2007, 02:25 PM
WHT Addict

I have received a number of inquiries and in talks with some still. I am still seeking mainly full-time employment, but will accomodate part-time.

Please note I am also willing to accomodate graveyard shifts in EST. I also have the possibility of relocating to your office(s) after 6 months of employment and a good match.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:55 PM
& Goliath

I have worked with Jesse previously and he does excellent work.
I hadn't realized he has been with that many companies though!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
100 Percent of Customer-Facing ServInt Staff Obtain cPanel Certification Web Hosting News 2013-09-25 11:25:48
iWeb Names Industry Veteran Elya McCleave VP of Services Web Hosting News 2013-04-12 14:20:43
Steadfast Networks Names Director of Technical Support, Marketing Manager Web Hosting News 2013-02-21 13:57:52
Web Host OnRamp Access Names Director of Technical Services Web Hosting News 2012-10-18 10:35:17
3 Solid Tips for Developing All-Star Technical Support Team Blog 2012-09-10 07:47:59