hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Comparative table of providers

Forum Jump

Comparative table of providers

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Comparative table of providers

I was trying to make an excel file with all the relevant data in order to compare and choose the best possible provider for my proyect. Then I realized that it should be somewhere on the net.

Where can I fund such a thing? selecting the same machine (say a dual Xeon) which one will offer more RAM, RAID 1, more bandwidth, best port speed, less price for TB if bandwidth is exceeded, etc. etc.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhidharmazen View Post
I was trying to make an excel file with all the relevant data in order to compare and choose the best possible provider for my proyect. Then I realized that it should be somewhere on the net.

Where can I fund such a thing? selecting the same machine (say a dual Xeon) which one will offer more RAM, RAID 1, more bandwidth, best port speed, less price for TB if bandwidth is exceeded, etc. etc.

Thanks.

I dont think anyone has such a thing. why dont you takle an initial stab and post it and let each poster update it.

by the end it should be pretty comprehensive.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
I dont think anyone has such a thing. why dont you takle an initial stab and post it and let each poster update it.

by the end it should be pretty comprehensive.
Thats a great idea. How can I upload something like a table? Maybe someone can put it online?

Sponsored Links
Old

... so....

nobody is interested in this? Its my believe that it would help us ALL to select the best hosting services!!

Am I missing something?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhidharmazen View Post
Thats a great idea. How can I upload something like a table? Maybe someone can put it online?
You can compile the list in MS Excel file and attach it here

Thanks.

Old

Ok, so far, this is it. First colum is the kind of hardware, then the bandwidth pero month, bandwidth per second and price.

huh, "invalid file"?????????????? you cant simply upload a 14kb excel file

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Try zip your 14kb Excel file and upload it here. The forum accepts Zip file attachments just fine.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by snecx View Post
Try zip your 14kb Excel file and upload it here. The forum accepts Zip file attachments just fine.
Ok done, its pretty rudimentary for now, but I guess its a start.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hostings comparo.zip (1.8 KB, 85 views)

Old
Web Hosting Master

Very crude indeed, I can barely understand it.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran View Post
Very crude indeed, I can barely understand it.
Lol yes, sorry, Im working on it but have lots of other stuff in my hands... that said, its just something I was doing for myself

Old
Web Hosting Master

Wow... it took me a few more seconds to understand the whole thing

I don't think it is appropriate to put the column "Bandwidth/second". It should be "Port speed" I suppose.

I suppose XE means Xeon, OPT means Opteron but what is C2D?

Thanks.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelfoo View Post
Wow... it took me a few more seconds to understand the whole thing

I don't think it is appropriate to put the column "Bandwidth/second". It should be "Port speed" I suppose.

I suppose XE means Xeon, OPT means Opteron but what is C2D?

Thanks.

its got to be core 2 duo

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
its got to be core 2 duo
Ah, thanks!

Bodhidharmazen: Do you have any specific hardware that you wish to get? From the list, there is a wide range of specifications and prices, thus, I don't think it is a fair comparison.

Just my 2 cents...

Old

Michaelfoo,

I see what you mean, Im focusing in dual core solutions, dont care about the brand, Im thinking at least in 2GB of RAM and 250GB of HD (RAID 1 desirable). Other than that, what I really care about is banwidth. So far, the cheapest (as far as I understand) is Softlayer, with 2TB of monthly bandwidth, a port of 1000mbps and, whats more important, 100 dollars for every additional TB/month.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
WHIR Events Announces 2015 Schedule Web Hosting News 2014-09-08 14:24:49
BGP Routing Table Size Limit Blamed for Tuesday’s Website Outages Web Hosting News 2014-08-13 10:36:33
HostingCon 2014: The Future of Cloud Services for Managed Service Providers with Ashar Baig, GigaOM Web Hosting News 2014-06-16 10:58:19
HostingCon Launches Enhanced Networking Opportunities For Event Attendees Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 09:47:04
Gartner Expects Consolidation to Eliminate 25 Percent of Cloud Providers by 2015 Web Hosting News 2013-12-19 09:26:23