Microsoft Outlook

Two questions here:

1. I'm using Outlook 2000 right now, would people upgrade to Outlook XP/2002?

2. There's one feature that I've been looking for and it's starting to annoy me as I can't seem to find it! I want to find out how many e-mails are in my Personal Folder and all sub-folders, and also the sub-sub-folders etc. You can find out the size of the folders, but you can't see the total number of e-mails. Any help here would be greatly appreciated .

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

1. If you're happy with 2000, stick with it - I am.

2. To get the total number, goto Tools -> Advanced Find. In the Search for the word(s) field, enter a single space and select Subject field and message body from the In dropdown. Click Find Now and you will have the answer.

Lats...

Thanks! It worked.

It's been a long time that I've been looking to find out how many e-mails are actually in my Outlook... for people who have the slightest interest, it's just over 16,250 , that includes all e-mails coming in and going out over a 2-3 year period.

Alan
    Alan Ho

When it comes to Outlooks I'm for upgrading, I used to use outlook express and was quite happy with it - I mean as long as it sends the email... right?

But now that I have over 200 emails received on daily basis I need everything to be extremely organized, so I upgraded to XP - and OMG - I feel so much better

If you have the money go for it.
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Originally posted by Lonny
    When it comes to Outlooks I'm for upgrading, I used to use outlook express and was quite happy with it - I mean as long as it sends the email... right?

But now that I have over 200 emails received on daily basis I need everything to be extremely organized, so I upgraded to XP - and OMG - I feel so much better

If you have the money go for it.
    So that was an upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook XP? For that kind of upgrade, there's a BIG difference in features, but I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading from Outlook 2000?

Alan
    Alan Ho

The main reason I went from express to Outlook2k was for the calendar functions - use that quite a lot.

I'm not aware of any large improvements to the XP version, although I'd be interested in hearing them.

Lats...
    Lats...

Originally posted by Lats
    The main reason I went from express to Outlook2k was for the calendar functions - use that quite a lot.

I'm not aware of any large improvements to the XP version, although I'd be interested in hearing them.

Lats...
    he he he! Same reason I use MS Outlook
    dot5hosting.com
    [email protected]
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

The main thing that's been improved is probably the security of using Outlook for all your e-mails. Check here for a list of new features and improved features. I think from the list, there are quite a few that would benefit me, so that's a good reasons for me to upgrade .

Alan
    Alan Ho