hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Design Job Offers & Requests : Design Requests : Corporate LOGO design contest. Paypal. $75

Forum Jump

Corporate LOGO design contest. Paypal. $75

Reply Post New Thread In Design Requests Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 10:43 AM

Corporate LOGO design contest. Paypal. $75

I need a logo designed for our company. It's not a hosting company but I feel there's some good talent here so I decided to run the contest here.

It's a logo for our brand RHINO. The logo should feature the VECTOR image of a RHINO (just the head or full body) as well as the text 'Rhino Process Equipment'. The colors are not 100% decided but navy blue, red, black and white should be dominant. The logo should work Online and on PRINT so it's probably best to keep flashy effects to a minimum. Feel free to work on the word RHINO too since it might be used separately without the complete design as well.

Please refer to our corporate parent logo at: http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?i...gillogoyj3.jpg to give you an idea about the colors. (If you must use another color, do it. We want creativity) Bonus points if you can embed this logo into the design (i.e Rhino is an Ergil brand)

Submit your best work but keep in mind that I might ask the winner to make a few modifications if the logo is 90% there but not 100%. The winning $75 includes this final modification.

Also, please consider this an invitation to find a long term designer. I will use the same designer to design more logos and a few websites.

Final date May 20th. Winner to submit the final design in vector graphics source format.

Please contact me if you need any information at all. I can also provide some decent rhino "photos" to give you an idea, but the design is to feature vector drawings, not raster/bitmap images.

Good luck and happy designing.

Oktay

PS: If you've received email/pm about this before, join this contest. I have not received any replies anyway.
PS 2: If you think you'll accept a lower price to increase your chances or deserve a higher price for your great design, you're welcome to make an offer. Qality comes first but I will think about those offers.
PS 3: I will announce the winner and provide feedback at the end and let him/her confirm he/she got his/her money.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Hello,

I will be participating in this contest and should have a first draft ready for you soon. Please PM me with some ways of contacting you.

Thanks.

Derek Keith
Indesicant Designs / Owner
http://www.indesicant.com

Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 PM

Here's my first go..
http://www.indesicant.com/clients/previews/rhino1.jpg
Of course, The logo is in low-res for preview..
The logo is vector and can be made to any size without pixelating.
And it can be colored as you desire, I made it black and white for an example of how it may look on a business card or letterhead.

Let me know any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,

Derek Keith
Indesicant Designs / Owner
http://www.indesicant.com

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2007, 05:43 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Oktay,

Here is my submission. Thanks for the contest.

http://bleeber.com/images/rhino.jpg

[theBleeber@wht01] ~ $ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory

Old 05-14-2007, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the submissions so far. Please keep them coming.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:36 AM

Just a quick reminder that this is still open. I will wait until Sunday night. There are some promising entries so far but no clear winner.

Thanks for your contributions.

Oktay

Old 05-18-2007, 01:33 PM

One Question:
can you send the money through 2Checkout?,
If so, Count me in for an entry

Old 05-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Hey, I'm sorry I don't think I'll have my second full vector image ready by tomorrow, but if you are interested in the direction that I'm heading, Maybe you can award me the contest and i'll put a rush on it to get it finished for you..

http://www.indesicant.com/rhino2.jpg

let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Derek

Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM

MacoDesigns,

Regarding 2checkout, I haven't used it before but if it works and doesn't cost me extra, why not.

Derek,

Thanks for your entries. I am concentrating on the designs of two other participants whose work seem to be more along the lines of what I'm looking for at this time.

I will announce the winner and display the design here in a few days.

Thanks for your interest.

Oktay

Old 05-21-2007, 10:19 AM

Thanks,
2Checkout is very easy to use; It is like a shopping cart; all you do is use your credit card to pay.
It doesn't require any registeration or payment from you...
as I said, just like buying something online with your credit card.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:55 AM

This contest is now closed. Thanks everyone for the entries you have submitted.

I will contact noodles2k5 and MacoDesigns to figure out which candidate will be able to better finalize his submitted design as well as who'd be a better long term help for our projects.

Thanks again and good luck everybody with your projects.

Oktay

Old 05-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Would you mind posting the winning work? Just curious what the winner looked like.

[theBleeber@wht01] ~ $ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory

Old 06-07-2007, 05:13 AM

Sorry about the delay. I wanted to finalize a few things before posting announcing the winner.

First of all thanks a lot to everyone who contributed with an entry.

We have picked noodles2k5's entry which he submitted to us as seen here: http://www.andrewle.com/images/rhino.jpg

Although there were fewer entries than I expected, I am happy with the design we picked.

Good luck to all and have a nice day.

Oktay

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
EBay Buys Braintree, PayPal Offers Small Business Loans Web Hosting News 2013-09-26 12:14:40
Hivelocity Hosting Taps Vine Video App in New Contest Blog 2013-04-08 12:10:57
PayPal UK IPN Issues Impact Web Hosts, Users Web Hosting News 2013-02-01 09:34:43
Web Host HostDime Launches Twitter Contest for Service Credits Web Hosting News 2012-12-28 13:30:31
Hivelocity Scores Customer Photos from Around the World with $1000 Giveaway Web Hosting News 2012-10-03 15:44:23