View Poll Results: Which Control panel is the best?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helm

11 10.28%
  • H-Sphere

16 14.95%
  • Cpanel

46 42.99%
  • Plesk

14 13.08%
  • DirectAdmin

20 18.69%
  • Interworx

1 0.93%
  • VHCS / VHCS Omega

0 0%
  • ISPConfig

6 5.61%
  • Webmin/Servemin

0 0%
  • Other

9 8.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    For Linux, it would be Cpanel because that's what I am familiar with. For Windows, nothing.. Windows itself is great in its own right.

Personally I prefer the simplicity of h-sphere.

I prefer Cpanel, its quite popular with most webhosting company , and easy to use

i like cpanel.

Good point

I use Helm for windows, i have 10 windows servers and would never move away from Helm. I have cpanel on my linux servers.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Helm for Windows
    Rubal Jain // E-Mail - Rubal [at] Rubal.Net
    Helm Control Panel Setup, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting
    Helm Server Move, Service Migrations, Restorations, IP Renumbering
    Windows Server Setup, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Basic Security & Hardening

cPanel for the win

First of all, cPanel is NOT the best, simply the cheapest. Cheapest does not = best. cPanel for Linux???

How about H-Sphere for both in a single cluster? A single H-Sphere server can handle all your Linux and Windows machines. Plus it handles all your billing, domain reges, merchants, load balancing, etc, etc. It has everything cPanel has plus 100x more.

cPanel isnt even in the same league as H-Sphere. I'd consider Plesk to be in the same league as Hsphere. The difference is that to get everything you do with H-Sphere, you'd pay thousands more for all the various addon modules Plesk uses.

This is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ford Pinto. Maybe when some of you kids grow up, you can drop cPanel and get yourself a real web hosting solution like what Hsphere is

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    First of all, cPanel is NOT the best, simply the cheapest. Cheapest does not = best. cPanel for Linux???

How about H-Sphere for both in a single cluster? A single H-Sphere server can handle all your Linux and Windows machines. Plus it handles all your billing, domain reges, merchants, load balancing, etc, etc. It has everything cPanel has plus 100x more.

cPanel isnt even in the same league as H-Sphere. I'd consider Plesk to be in the same league as Hsphere. The difference is that to get everything you do with H-Sphere, you'd pay thousands more for all the various addon modules Plesk uses.

This is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ford Pinto. Maybe when some of you kids grow up, you can drop cPanel and get yourself a real web hosting solution like what Hsphere is
    Way to flame? It's just our opinion.

when some of you kids grow up
    Just because people like cPanel, doesn't mean they are kids or don't know how the industry works. You should be really becareful with what you say, and if you don't care, well, thats your problem.

Have a great weekend.

Not a flame, like you say, it's opinion, but also includes the experience with numorous control panels.

However, since you dont know me (look at my join date) you wouldnt know that I have said the same thing for years. I was doing hosting years before this place opened. I was around when Linux first hit the netwaves. So yeah, kids <--- It's not about age in case you dont get it..

I don't mean to be rude or turn this thread into anything bad but join date doesn't mean anything. Thats like saying oh, do a whois on my domain, look when I started. Doesn't mean much.

But anyways, I guess it was miscommunication Nothing bad, arguement is always good.

Glad to see that you've been here since 2000 serving the community.

Hey, we were all kids once. It's the entrepreneur inside of you that brought you here. =]

Nice talking to you Robert

Ticket time =\ There goes my weekend.

Cpanel is the best to small hostings companies.

Depends on a lot of things but cPanel and Hsphere.
    I love hsphere setup, you can recreate any server in the cluster directly
    from the control panel (without user data obviously) and that centralized database has come in handy quite a bit. The other benefit is the cluster setup, having mail, database, web on their own prospective boxes is very helpful.

HSphere has too many options. I like to keep things simple for my clients.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com