High traffic CGI Scripts for sale (everything)

It may not be the best place to post this one here, but someone may be interested in my offer.

I am currently running a very good traffic (~ 500 unique hits, ~ 2500 page views per day) retail CGI scripts. I currently have 6 retail scripts priced from $20 to $200 with 10 additional MODs priced from $9.99 to $60.00, and about 10 free scripts. Averaged sales are about $450/week (since February till now). The site have about 2500 free members and about 500 paid members (those who bought the scripts) .

Ideally, it is very profitable, but I want to do something different after half a year of running this (Yes, half a year and I was able to build such a good site, you can check the domain registration to verify).

All stats (traffic + income) can be verified via CPANEL webstats for traffic and Paypal + 2checkout + wired transfers for income. If any Programmer wants to do scripting business, I would like to hand this business over. Minimum offer is $9000 (less than 4 months and you will get it back, I made almost $12,000 for running from Dec 2001 till now, but I originally had no scripts on hand ).

You will own everything I have now: full scripts copyrights, scripts documentations, domain name, 3000 members total, 2000+ HTML pages. All of my scripts are listed in hotscripts, resourceindex, scriptsearch, scriptnow, and a few others CGI index sites. It also listed in more than 3,000 search engines and FFA links (that's what my submission software says)

Good domain name. Good scripts. Good business. Serious offers only.

For some personal reasons, I cannot post my domain here since I dont want to drive off potential customers (who is gonna buy my scripts if they know I am going to sell it off). So please PM me if you are interested and I will give you my domain name. Once we have talked and I give out my domain name, for whatever your decision is, please keep this as confidential business matter.

For those who is really interested, I can give you temporary acccess to paypal to see incoming revenues.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by kevinpham; 07-13-2002 at 07:08 PM.

Silly question but this sounds like it is pretty automated and if you are making $12000 in 6 months why not keep it? I am sure you could find someone to maintain it for $500-$1000 a month and you would be collecting an extra $1000 a month for doing nothing.

That is how big business make it big. They don't sell when it is to much for them to handle they just hire people and start building more while other do the work..

Just wondering??

Oh year how much are you looking to get out of this site.

Thanks

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I do indeed want to keep it all for myself. However, there are a couple reasons I want to sell if off

1. I want to start another more promising business with some friends and need at least $15,000/person to start.
    2. The place I will move to do not have Broadband, just dial up. BB is expected to be there in a few months (as the rep says).
    3. I dont trust any one I hire. Who gonna say they dont put on their own pocket?
    Anothet thing is that after a couple months, they know all my codes and can made a dupicate easily. They also gain customer reputation (customers will only know them) and can have their own site and scripts in no time with all my customers )

there are a few more reasons as well. You will get bored if you do same thing too long.
    Last edited by kevinpham; 07-13-2002 at 01:54 PM.

Originally posted by kevinpham
    I do indeed want to keep it all for myself. However, there are a couple reasons I want to sell if off

1. I want to start another more promising business with some friends and need at least $15,000/person to start.
    2. The place I will move to do not have Broadband, just dial up. BB is expected to be there in a few months (as the rep says).
    3. I dont trust any one I hire. Who gonna say they dont put on their own pocket?
    Anothet thing is that after a couple months, they know all my codes and can made a dupicate easily. They also gain customer reputation (customers will only know them) and can have their own site and scripts in no time with all my customers )

there are a few more reasons as well. You will get bored if you do same thing too long.
    1. Understandable have you thought about a SBA loan. If you can show you are making that much you could get a loan for that amount easy.

2. You would not need BB if someone else is maintaning the site.

3. Turn this question around, what stops you from doing the same thing. All you need is a contract and a no-compete clause.

I am not trying to give you a hard time but I think you will have a heard time selling it on the basis of 6months of profit, maybe if it was 2 years and still going strong..

I would be interested but 6 months is not long enough of proof for me. But again I don't speak for everyone..

Also since it is doing so well wouldn't it be better to collect that type of cash for the next 10 years and get 10X your wanted amount..

Sorry for giving you a hard time with all the questions it just seems odd you would sell something making $24,000/year.

Anyway I will shut up now.

Robert

Support

You will lose your reputation if you do not support what you are selling.

And again, new things coming out every weeks, so if you do not upgrade your products to compete with your competitors, then you will lose customers rapidly

And now and then customers want customization to fit their needs, then if you tell them you do not have time for it, then they will never buy anything from you again... So now and then, you need to do some customization for them (for additional charges of course)

What I am saying is that If you do not have a few hours each day then you cannot run what I am having right now. the site is a high traffic site and a lot of attentions need to be put into..

I wont tell you to shut up since your comments make me think over. I may run it for a couple for months (with hard time of course) and collect some more money then sell it maybe for a higher price.....

feel free to comments though. Free world.

I agree about the support.. The only reason I said I will shut up is I don't want you to think I was being a smart @ss I think what you have going is fantastic and I would hate to see something like that go.

Well anyway I am sure you will find someone to buy it.. I doubt at that the cost you need that someone here is going to bu.. Maybe you could talk to one of the other major script sites or maybe even the http://www.internet.com/partners/ people they are not your normal everyday small business and they might be interested in something that is bringing in money like that??

Anyway good luck

Robert

thanks for you info, I will sure check out that site. Currently, Some company (they dont tell me the name) from Europe offers $7.5 K for everything + my current under-development script. However, I am looking for $8 K and up range... So let's wait a couple weeks to get some more sales to fill up the missing part and I will hand over...

This money is to be used for my new startup business with few others that total about $50 K capital.

Thanks
    kevin

Have emailed you the detail.

I would not consider anything below my current highest offer of $7.7 grand.

thanks for participating.