Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    For me i'd start off with monthly first.
    If i find that the host is suitable for me i'd sign up for yearly
      0 Not allowed!

When I was buying space from another provider, I would always pay monthly for a couple times and then request to go on an annual billing cycle if I liked them.
    Sitepearl Networks
    Shared Hosting - WHMCS KB Articles
    Reliable Website Hosting Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Annually pay

You can pay annually in reputed web hosting company.
    If you not know about any company than you just pay only for 1 month for trial.
      0 Not allowed!

It's always better to just stay at a Per-Month Basis just in case anything goes wrong. If you're gonna do an Annual purchase. Buy from a Huge dealer Like godaddy or HostGator.
      0 Not allowed!

Even though I work for a hosting provider I would suggest monthly payment over annual it's more secure and we could quit at any time without losing much money
      0 Not allowed!

There is good and bad too it. If the host closes and refuses to refund. They took all that money. I prefer monthly because at any time you can get up and walk off.
      0 Not allowed!

I think that the first few months you should pay monthly to verify the quality of the host and than pay annually, because you never know when you will forget to pay your bill! OOPS!! Just make sure to make regular backups to not get caught with your pants down and you should be fine.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by eevadim View Post
    I think that the first few months you should pay monthly to verify the quality of the host and than pay annually, because you never know when you will forget to pay your bill! OOPS!! Just make sure to make regular backups to not get caught with your pants down and you should be fine.
    Yes regular backups is the most important thing that everyone should do.
    Even though the host claims that they have their own backups its best that you have one for your own jusssstttt in case...
      0 Not allowed!

It certainly is cheaper to go annually. Sometimes up to half price. When they have to bill you 12 times and pay 12 credit card processing fees and force the billing department to do 12 times the work it does cost more to provide. I would recommend going Annual with a host that your sure is going to be around next year. Getting billed each month is also annoying and you have to register it 12 times and remember it 12 times. Who needs that?
      0 Not allowed!

Should I pay annually for my hosting?

it's okay to pay annually as long as the service is excellent!
      0 Not allowed!

Everybody should start out with a monthly payment plan to get a feel for the service (support and uptime). After 6 -12 months you should start to be able to see whether a year hosting would be worth it.

When I first started hosting personal sites in 2007, I went through a few hosts before I got to hostgator where I stuck with them for over 2 years. After I signed up for a year of hosting because they already proved to me they could handle support and dependability for the 2+ years and not '"vanish" on me.

Also Yearly payment plans tend to come out cheaper; so if you know and like their service then it is totally worth it!
      0 Not allowed!

Personally, i would pay for one month and then at the end of that month I would consider my options;

- whether to move to another host
    or;
    - to stay with them

It all depends on the first few months really, whether they are upto your expectations or not.
      0 Not allowed!

Angry Reasonable Quality Resellers- Who has them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
    I would never pay annually, or even twice a year. If I can't pay monthly or, worst case, quarterly, then I look elsewhere. Twice I've paid for a year and their whole attitude changed when I needed help.
    Unfortunately I feel as if I also have made the mistake of paying for the full year, however I realize trying to get into the Hosting Business as a Reseller is probably "difficult by design". I made some mistakes. like buying a years worth of Alpha Reselling from "500", and I know that "unlimited" anything is the biggest lie out there.

I personally own about 300 domains, and had to let about 50 or more of my precious domains go this year, I finally got an offer for two of my domains for $4000.00 and still feel somehow they are worth much more.

I have tried WhiteSystems.net (for nearly a year now) and have had them move my own installations onto several different IP's and now they would like to cut my storage in half an charge me a few more dollars. Maybe the have grown and no longer need my business, my rep seems very patient and helpful, yet the system seems insecure. Things go down for no apparent reason, and I cannot seem to retrieve my passwords from my word press installations.

Does anyone have some real solid info on cloud resellers or regular resellers that are reasonable in cost. Between the two resellers I use, one is Blue Host and the other is WhiteSystems I am paying like $50/month. I really wanted to keep my cost to $20-$25 per month but I guess thats why I am where I am now.

Blue seemed good b/c they give you 100 GB or storage, but they also throttle my websites for no apparently good reason?

PS: Also I have gotten no-where with these possibly because I just cant pull it all together with the "Free" licenses and all. WhiteSystem.net at one time offerred Free Host Bill licenses and I never like the idea of having to pay another $10-13/month for the billing and automated software.

Someone please help.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SanWebBiz View Post
    Unfortunately I feel as if I also have made the mistake of paying for the full year, however I realize trying to get into the Hosting Business as a Reseller is probably "difficult by design". I made some mistakes. like buying a years worth of Alpha Reselling from "500", and I know that "unlimited" anything is the biggest lie out there.

I personally own about 300 domains, and had to let about 50 or more of my precious domains go this year, I finally got an offer for two of my domains for $4000.00 and still feel somehow they are worth much more.

I have tried WhiteSystems.net (for nearly a year now) and have had them move my own installations onto several different IP's and now they would like to cut my storage in half an charge me a few more dollars. Maybe the have grown and no longer need my business, my rep seems very patient and helpful, yet the system seems insecure. Things go down for no apparent reason, and I cannot seem to retrieve my passwords from my word press installations.

Does anyone have some real solid info on cloud resellers or regular resellers that are reasonable in cost. Between the two resellers I use, one is Blue Host and the other is WhiteSystems I am paying like $50/month. I really wanted to keep my cost to $20-$25 per month but I guess thats why I am where I am now.

Blue seemed good b/c they give you 100 GB or storage, but they also throttle my websites for no apparently good reason?

PS: Also I have gotten no-where with these possibly because I just cant pull it all together with the "Free" licenses and all. WhiteSystem.net at one time offerred Free Host Bill licenses and I never like the idea of having to pay another $10-13/month for the billing and automated software.

Someone please help.
    CPU, RAM and bandwidth is not much of an issue for web hosts, its the storage space that costs a lot, even more when SAS or SSD drives are being used instead of the old SATA drives. Also any good host will also be backing up your data to another server in a different datcentre. So as you can imagine, if your using up 100GB storage, you will need to pay for 100GB storage. And not forgetting it cost the web host extra money to back up that data too. So you're paying for around 200GB storage. So the 200GB of TRUE (useable) storage alone is going to cost a lot...

When looking at storage for plan you should go by what you need and not what you think you need or would like for the cheapest price possible. I'm not saying you're doing that, but if you are, you know not to now, otherwise your just asking for trouble.

So what is your current diskspace usage? Once you know that, then work out how much bandwidth you need and try finding the best deal for HostBill or WHMCS license.
    Last edited by HostXNow; 02-06-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

I

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    CPU, RAM and bandwidth is not much of an issue for web hosts, its the storage space that costs a lot, even more when SAS or SSD drives are being used instead of the old SATA drives. Also any good host will also be backing up your data to another server in a different datcentre. So as you can imagine, if your using up 100GB storage, you will need to pay for 100GB storage. And not forgetting it cost the web host extra money to back up that data too. So you're paying for around 200GB storage. So the 200GB of TRUE (useable) storage alone is going to cost a lot...

When looking at storage for plan you should go by what you need and not what you think you need or would like for the cheapest price possible. I'm not saying you're doing that, but if you are, you know not to now, otherwise your just asking for trouble.

So what is your current diskspace usage? Once you know that, then work out how much bandwidth you need and try finding the best deal for HostBill or WHMCS license.

Okay I hear what you are saying, I would like to not have to worry my host throttling my websites ( I see that even BLUE HOST does this. I sense I am moving into a new type of web hosting. The guy at WhiteSystem says I am using like 3-4 GB (but as a reseller I have not sold anything yet!) sop it makes sense to me that 10Gb will not be enough

So maybe I really only want (or need) cloud hosting for my websites, just for the added benefits of feeling that when I place links to my sites on Facebook (or send out a few hundred links) that the website that has resources (at least four times what I really beed will be able to handle the spikes in traffic.

50GB of Space and 400GB of bandwidth

Using cloud servers... would cost about the same as what I pay for 100GB on Blue Host (yet they tell me that the bandwidth allowed for their resellers) is only twice of what they allow for their standard hosting:

Here is my website: http://TheWritersCafe.org/

Here is the recent throttling data:

Warning
    Your account is actively experiencing CPU limiting factors (throttling).
    During the past 24 hours your account has been throttled for a total of 936.274 seconds.

1 hour ago 88.696 seconds
    2 hours ago 17.880 seconds
    3 hours ago 327.322 seconds
    7 hours ago 171.257 seconds
    8 hours ago 114.971 seconds
    10 hours ago 6.026 seconds
    11 hours ago 11.209 seconds
    12 hours ago 11.017 seconds
    13 hours ago 37.835 seconds
    14 hours ago 21.556 seconds
    16 hours ago 15.549 seconds
    17 hours ago 35.517 seconds
    18 hours ago 5.513 seconds
    19 hours ago 27.486 seconds
    20 hours ago 14.959 seconds
    22 hours ago 13.025 seconds
    23 hours ago 5.448 seconds
    24 hours ago 11.008 seconds

When I consider that might website is just a PR-3 with a global Alexa around 500k and under 100k in the US, with just under 100 links in, I wonder, how is it that my website requires throttling?

Is this amount of throttling normal? Am I just over-reacting? Does throttling automatically occur on cloud servers as well. With all the lies that all of the web host insist on telling everyone using concepts like "unlimited band-width" and unlimited storage or transfer, how can anyone really make an informed decision?

0 Not allowed!

With annual payments, if you want to stop the service, it's more difficult, either you ahve to wait, or you tend to forget to cancel
      0 Not allowed!

Not really, it would make sense to order a plan with 5GB (cheaper) and just ask the host to increase diskspace when you need it (again, cheaper). There is no point paying for extra 5GB diskspace that you're not even going to use for a good 6-12 months.

The guy at WhiteSystem says I am using like 3-4 GB (but as a reseller I have not sold anything yet!) sop it makes sense to me that 10Gb will not be enough
    It depends on what server setup BlueHost use. But they're not going to let you use 100GB for around $25/month. They'll say you're reaching other limits like CPU/RAM/Connections way before being able to use 100GB - well, they already are! Says it all.

It looks like BlueHost are using CloudLinux. Find out what server setup they're using - processor speed etc and see how much CloudLinux is saying you're using CPU/RAM/Connections wise. Then you will know whether you need a VPS or not. But then I wouldn't even trust BlueHost and would not go by they're stats. I'd move the sites to a provider with a better rep and who offer more realistic plans first. And then go from there.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

What do you think about WhiteSystem.net they offer reasonable amount of space, and the cloud, yet they keep migrating me? Do you think this guy Daniel is some sort of broker, just filling up web space on servers and then going elsewhere... I just get upset every time he migrates my accounts... And he is now cutting down my space, taking away the Free Host Bill which I think I can get for like 5.95/month anyway.

I even tried using the free Hosting Tool.?

what the easiest to use:

HostBIllApp

WHMCS

I have no experience with any of this...
      0 Not allowed!

Just pay monthly because if the service is closing down you wont get back your money.
      0 Not allowed!

What do you think about WhiteSystem.net they offer reasonable amount of space, and the cloud, yet they keep migrating me? Do you think this guy Daniel is some sort of broker, just filling up web space on servers and then going elsewhere... I just get upset every time he migrates my accounts... And he is now cutting down my space, taking away the Free Host Bill which I think I can get for like 5.95/month anyway.

I even tried using the free Hosting Tool.?

what the easiest to use:

HostBIllApp

WHMCS

I have no experience with any of this...
    I've never used WhiteSystem.net so can't comment on their service. But if you're not happy with the service your free to try a different provider.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I hear.

I am looking at a few options other than Blue Host. The license Blue Host offers for Free is Client Exec. I started setting it up and creating the packages and all was fine. Somehow I ended up at the Client Exec website and one of the techs told me to upgrade.

Anyway Blue might be okay for simple low band width static websites. It seems the trend these days is all of this "selling unlimited space etc."

I could honestly say I have spent a least an intensive 6 months either learning or experiencing every single thing that could go wrong with web hosting and DNS.

I am looking at three providers:

One Instance.io.com:

Cloud Servers-Custom Server server.hostpoet.com (12/02/2012 - 12/03/2012)
    + CPUs: x 2
    + RAM [MB]: x 768
    + Disk Size [GB]: x 25
    + Bandwidth: x 25
    + IP Addresses: x 4
    + OS Template: CentOS 5.6 (cPanel/WHM — 64-bit) $22.06 USD

I had foolishly thought that: cPanel/WHM — 64-bit was included in the package, BTW that price is the 50% off the 1st month it then goes to $44.

Or I was looking at K-disk.net which offers either 35,45, to 70 GB storage depending on if its the Alpha or Master Resellers. The thing is at the $19.99/month price you do not get the [ Client Exec or WHMCS license ] which I am rapidly understanding is the "heart" of the automated selling system.

However, I am thinking of going with Host Bill (which seems to be the "way of both the present and future" and can be had for $5.95/month.

Yet I thought I saw a requirement for Root Access with Host Bill. If that's so then maybe I need to find out who offers that in the price range I am looking at. Are the VPS offering Root Access or is this only available at the Dedicated Server level?

Any input form the people who really are up on these things is greatly appreciated.

Also can you use one Billing License to set up hosting across different severs? Like if I get this Host Bill set up lets say at K-disk or some other provider that offers root access say Linode, can I use that one license to sell simple "Word Press" hosting at Blue Host.com while selling more complex high bandwidth requirements at a different host on different IP's?

Does Host Bill (or even WHMCS) allow for that. Also I still have to deal with the domain reseller and the payment gateway.!!!

Please Advise:

Thanks!

I would rather be writing, but I still got to pay the bills, and web hosting or web site design seemed a reasonable way to go.
      0 Not allowed!

hi,

your question make me think about this :

to pay yearly also can keep the pressure on the hoster, the guys can think "WHOW !!! this customer pay for one year !" so we have to deal with their account during 12 months.

I wonder how is to received invoice notice 3 times a month, 14 before, 5 days beore, and the D-day ? is it a good business attitude ? to have the mail box ""full"" of invoices ?

to pay annually can make the customer to trust the starting company : this guys will stay one year

cheers
      0 Not allowed!

sorry I forget this :

FOR END-USER (customer)

how to trust a new hosting company ? who will pay for one year in a starting business? It is human to start to pay for one month

to migrate a site from a host to another is not so easy for customer with no internet skills, so even if the customer is happy (I pay for one month), is it a really freedom ?

ok I have a great idear for web site, I will launch me on the web ... but if I do not know the web (make a web site, spending times behind the computer) may be it is safe to pay one month because one year is another amount of money :+) so may be one day I wil meet the 'non virtual' gril of my life and have another like after the geek life :+)

My temporay conclusion : I would like to have the choice : one year or one month. For dedicated server I pay month / month.
      0 Not allowed!

I would never consider buying a host yearly, it's like being stuck with there unknown problems.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Settaz View Post
    I would never consider buying a host yearly, it's like being stuck with there unknown problems.
    True that, but maybe if you do enough research it might not be that bad thing... if its very reputable hoster.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast