lack of updates kills Stylus Blue on our server!

Hello all,

Well we pulled deoskins's "Stylus Blue" theme from our server!

The updates were way to slow coming out and the last one did not come out with all the files needed to make the BBS update work.

We are now using Nick's bluelagoon theme. It is very fast and is never out of date. The bluelagoon theme is a light gray color but it works very good. None of our customers requested to be changed back to the "Stylus Blue" theme.

I had big hopes for the Stylus Blue theme but the lack of support killed them!

I will never use another 3rd party theme.

Regards,
    Dale Crow
    GH1.com

Thanks for this info, i was just about to purchase the stylus blue theme

We've been using bluelagoon for quite some time now, haven't had a single problem with it yet.
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

The very reason

The very reason we stick to the standard themes. I believe as web hosts we make more out of wanting to have different themes than our customers do. I continue to follow cpanelgui to see how well they will be maintained and updated. But, frankly, have had no problems or criticisms with the default, iconic, and bluelagoon themes.

I prefer iconic over bluelagoon, whats everyones thoughts?

I always had to update stylus on the servers, but I love the look so I don't mind doing the updates.....

Although I would like them to update it sometimes
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

Blue Lagoon rocks as far as I m concerned.....

We just use good old iconic. It loads a little better than it used to and customers are used to it. Having said that, a custom panel is in the works though with no ETA.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

custom panel or custom cpanel skin?

It is best to stick with the basic CPanel styles, because they are always up to date!

I'll always stick to the reason why I have my own skin, cpanel releases new features in the default skins that don't work and cause problems. With a custom theme you can first test these things out and then once they work add them in.

For the first time I did something terribly stupid with my skin, I added in 2 new features (the parking features) without testing enough and low and behold I have a bunch of clients who tried it out and now some of their subdomains are stuck (can't be deleted) and I have to manually go in and remove them. Still waiting on a resolution for this bug too.. and yes, the defaults already have these added in.

So what I'm saying is, sometimes it's not the best thing to have the skins updated immediately. Sure if the updates take too long I would understand the frustration... but how about the frustration the skin designer will go through for adding in new features that don't work and then having hosts complain to them when it is a cpanel mess up?

Originally posted by IT Hosting
    It is best to stick with the basic CPanel styles, because they are always up to date!
    That is definitely a benefit. Having to watch the regular themes to maintain a custom theme can get a bit tedious, however as Elena pointed out, it does have its benefits. One of the best is that you know exactly what is in your theme. You won't have to worry about customers writing in about a feature not working, only to discover that you have no idea what that feature is and have never seen it before (sound familiar?). With a custom theme, at least you know exactly what your customers are seeing when they login to their control panel.

Above and beyond that reason, I just think it adds something to a company's image when their control panel is branded with their own company name, information, news, support docs, etc. That's more of a matter of opinion than a logical argument for or against one side though.
    Matt Lightner - http://www.mattlightner.com/
    - First initial to the last name at the mail service provided by the world's largest search engine
    - Founder and CEO (Former) Site5.com, sold in 2008
    - Really honestly wants to be a good WHT citizen but can never remember all the correct etiquette. Mods, sorry in advance