* [HIRING] Remote support techs and admins.

A new start up web hosting provider (but with several highly skilled admins and programmers, each having over 12 years of full time experience, with a combined 50+ years of programming, support, administration and infrastructure design) is about to hit the scene offering the most flexible, experienced and quality service. We are going to stand out and make a mark! Be a part of this and grow with the company! As we grow, your salary will as well. We want long-term team members and we treat our staff fairly.

We are currently seeking remote staff for all levels of support and administration positions. We have positions from the front line of support, being Level 1 to the most complex admin handled issues. We can do a salary or per ticket payment plan, paid either bi-weekly or monthly. Payments can be made via business check, money order, or paypal (whatever you prefer).

We are only offering Linux based web hosting (CentOS and RHEL) or FreeBSD at this time. You should be familiar with every aspect of Linux based web hosting at the very least (you should be comfortable and experienced with doing tasks in shell via SSH and not have to rely on a control panel).

We have no plans to offer Windows hosting, so aspects relating to Windows systems will not be a bonus other than aspects that will cross over (such as if you program in ASP, VC/VC++, mSQL, etc.) that show you have a mind for this line of work. However, your strong points must be in all things LAMP related (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, DNS using BIND and tinydns/djbdns, SSH).

As the same applies, a more appropriate and detailed outline I wrote up a while ago for a web host I was working with is below:

You should have the following skills/experience:

3+ years experience with Linux in a server environment.
    Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and Fedora (OpenBSD and FreeBSD a bonus, but not required, nor is direct experience with Fedora (we'll never use it)).
    Experience working with cPanel/WHM software in a multi-server environment, offering support to shared and reseller clients/sites. VPS, semi dedicated and dedicated experience with support or administration is a plus.

Experience with using, configuring and/or compiling the following; CPanel/WHM, Apache (1.x) and various Apache modules, ProFTPD/PureFTPD, Exim, MySQL, DNS (BIND), OpenSSH, PHP, Frontpage, Mailman, IMAP, SSL (mod_ssl), cron, etc. (Additional knowledge of similar services/software are a bonus, such as; Apache 2.x, DNS using tinydns/djbdns, Qmail/Postfix, PostgreSQL, SNMP, DHCP, chrooting/jailing, etc.)

You must posses experience offering support in multiple mediums, such as email, support tickets, live chat, etc. Must have experience offering shared and reseller support for software, configuration, hardware issues, as well as assisting clients with script installs, errors, service issues and configuration questions with the common software on web servers (such as FTP, email, frontpage, HTML and basic web site design, ownership & permissions, etc.) that are running standard and custom configurations.

Must have experience and be comfortable in shell on the command line, using all the common tools and protocols, including basic networking using TCP/IP.

Experience with the following also helpful, but not required; configuring & compiling kernels from source and creating RPMs is helpful. Experience with security issues, firewalls, etc. Experience installing, configuring and working with Cisco/Extreme switches and routers, VLAN, etc is a bonus, but is absolutely not anything we'll be doing anytime soon. Experience with one of more programming languages a bonus; C, C++, Perl, PHP, Python, Java, JSP, Ruby, etc.

Please email rob2132@charter.net with your resume and contact information, location, desired salary and rates, hours you're available and time zone you're in. Be sure that you are a legal adult in your country so you can be legally binding in your work contract agreement should we both agree this position is yours. Thank you for your time.

One important issue, is that the ability to properly and professionally communicate in the English language is vitally important to any of these positions. You must communicate in type to a reasonable degree. We don't expect perfection and accept people make typos and mistakes in general (I've probably made a few in this thread alone), but we will promptly reject any people that try and communicate via BabbleFish or the like.

You may also contact me at rob2132 on AIM. The new company design is being developed at this time and will be done shortly, but we're not releasing the company name as of yet until we're ready to launch it. We want to ensure we have all the staff members in place for the initial start up, and will add more staff as is needed.

Please note, we are NOT looking for sales people at this time, nor anyone that wants to apply for a position for management or someone with hopes to try and do the business end of this venture.

Moving along; you will not be required to do phone support at any time. Our higher level admins will happily take care of any such issues if a client needs such support. Phone support usually eats up too much time and staff resources and we will have very quick replies to support requests via our ticket/email system, so we'll only do phone support if it's needed to help the client for some reason.

We will be using Cpanel for only a short time while our in-house control panel is being developed. The client base won't know or care about the difference (though we'll make no effort to hide it), as they'll have the same features, but they will simply be better laid out and actually work without bugs (imagine that) and not pose any security issues. For a short time, we may replace the top end API modules of Cpanel with our own more secure and bug free code to offer a more customized (but overall more secure and bug free) interface.

Such things as the control panel, our already existing backup solution, server clustering software, etc. will be handled by our in-house development team (of which I am the project team leader), so while you won't need or be asked to develop, it's still always a bonus to have some programming knowledge to help out/be involved if it would speed things up, but this shouldn't be a problem. If you enjoy this line of work, this is going to be an exciting place to be a part of.
    Last edited by Rob2132; 05-05-2007 at 09:18 PM.

i am interested i will send you my detials by mail

Hello,

Have sent an email with the details.

Thanks

Mail sent

Please Check your mail..

I have sent my resume

Hi,

Please check your mail.

Kind regards,

I've sent mail.

Have the positions been filled yet? I have sent an email.