I appreciate you taking the time to visit my thread.
Let's get started -- there's not much time to waste
We've all got them.
Having the right ones makes all
The underlying objective of the entire web hosting industry is to ensure clients are satisfied. While there are a seemingly unlimited number of factors working against client satisfaction, it's my goal to ensure that at the end of the day clients have nothing but the best to say about your service.
With web hosting being such a competitive market every bit of client satisfaction makes a difference. Satisfaction converts directly to word of mouth recommendations and free exposure.
Oh, and hello. I'm David. I've been involved in the web hosting industry since late 2004 as a customer representative and directly managing marketing and general business administration. I have been responsible for managing clientbases up to 5,000+ users singlehandedly and have had testimonials the length of small novels written about my service.
On the side I can be found inhabiting most *nix shells, optimizing systems and managing servers. I also feel quite at home sitting in front of a client discussing their needs, arranging and engaging them as a real person.
Servers might be listed as a Capital Asset but clients are the truly valuable ones.
There are times when point form isn't sufficient.
Related Work Experience:
Hostingplex (Toronto & GTA)
Dec. 2004-2006 (+ some odd periods)
Customer Representative / System Administrator
Hostgator (Toronto & Boca Raton, Florida)
- Discussing, managing and resolving needs\issues of clients
- Managing VPS/Dedicated servers on behalf of clientèle (Primarily level2/3 work)
- Daily interaction with clients via telephone, live support, e-mail & other methods like a blog & forum
- Basic marketing & document/content development (kb articles)
- Responsible for managing script installations, modifications and upgrades on behalf of clients including: Drupal, e107, osCommerce, PHPlist, ZenCart & hundreds of others
Customer Representative / Level 3 Technician
- Primarily responsible for engaging clients via tickets, phones & livechat along with basic interaction on the official forums
- Monitoring servers, load levels and resolving any outstanding issues
- Managing & monitoring servers & basic network
- Worked within a team of over 100+ employees
Other providers I have been involved with & managed servers for are: PowerVPS / Defender Hosting, Future Hosts & a number of smaller companies.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts.
- Ability to manage, optimize and configure servers
- A lover of LAMP environments
- Three+ years managing cPanel & Plesk environments
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written & verbal English
- Fluent in Spanish written & verbally
- Thorough understanding of streaming environments -- shoutcast, icecast & more.
- ircD configuration & management
- Thorough understanding of SEO / Marketing
- And much, much more...
Random unrelated stuff:
- Willing to relocate
- Willing to grow with a company
- Managed a Christian online radio station for two years -- audio / music editing skills
- Decent graphic design & editing skills - I make my own logos!
There are a million other things I couldn't list but I'd like to discuss them all with you in person or via phone.