Eli.net network?

Is anyone familiar with Eli.net as a backbone/network, specifically, the quality of their bandwidth and financial state? I'm thinking of moving our site to a host that uses Eli.net as their bandwidth provider. Quality and speed of bandwidth is very important.

Thanks,

Cool

From my experience their network is pretty reliable.

Originally posted by DarrenK
    I did a littler search for you

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hlight=eli.net
    Thanks. I actually searched already, but nothing specific or detailed resulted.

Eli.net bought the old Priori backbone about 3 years ago. The guys that built the network are still friends of mine - they are very very sharp guys. The Priori backbone was primarily set up over ATM and was technically awesome. But went backrupt when the larger players started to drop prices to compete and they didn't have enough time or money to keep up. ELI bought it and took it over. My guess it that its pretty much of the same network that it was - so I can only assume that its still a bit of a small network compared to the bigger boys.

What's with the curiosity with ELI? Maybe I can help more if I knew what you were planning?

Hi hangten:
    Nothing deep, I'm just considering signing up with a dedicated host that uses Eli.net. While the host itself is great, no use if the backbone isn't

Originally posted by GeorgeC
    Hi hangten:
    Nothing deep, I'm just considering signing up with a dedicated host that uses Eli.net. While the host itself is great, no use if the backbone isn't
    If you're looking for high quality connectivity with very low-latency ELI will probably work very well for you.

However, if you need tons of capacity and don't care about quality it may not be the best for you.

We have experienced 100% network uptime during last 3 months at Collocation Solutions which uses Eli.net

Their network is a little slow but it ispretty reliable.

Mac

Originally posted by wmac

Mac
    Hi wmac:
    Thanks. When you say a little slow, do you mean generally, or from certain parts of the world? From what I understand Eli.net is tier one.

Originally posted by wmac
    We have experienced 100% network uptime during last 3 months at Collocation Solutions which uses Eli.net

Mac
    should call it eliXP

*chuckle*

In fact I on different data centers and it seems I have a little high ping time to Collocation Solutions from my other servers in comparison to other providers such as NAC, Webreseller, Burst etc. (Please pay attention that I am speaking about a specific data center which uses Eli.net)

By the way I have tested this from different parts of USA but you may want to test it yourself. (Do a ping test on our main website)

Mac

yeah, it is a bit slow if i look at a traceroute, but i think that's because it's almost west coast... (or did i get that wrong?) so my packets are travelling under the ocean, to east coast, going through bbn to mae-east, where eli's taking over and going in direction of west coast
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

I have seen some medium hosting companies collocating with Eli. That was some time ago, but I think they are still good and hopefully, offer good pricing too