* Submarine website - please offer critique

Subsim.com
    http://www.subsim.com/

Have a look and post your thoughts here.
    Thanks!

Its alright. I think it lacks a style of colour. What I mean is that its black, white, red, yellow and green. Any colours I missed? I think keeping the site to around 2-3 colours is the best thing to do.

First think i noticed is the text is way too big! Big text is a bad idea. I don't like the top header either. Its too plain and the text takes up more of the space. May I suggest maybe adveritsing to fill up that space. Could work.

Also, try matching the colour of the forums aswell.

hi there,
    I thought the layout was pretty good......i agree the text links at the top are too big.....maybe add a little more style to those.......

You should also consider using some submarine imagery through the header. I am sure you have many images of a sub in water......something like that would work well....

cheers
    --

The structure is pretty good, but I do not like the colors too much.

Agree with above about big text. And also I suggest to change font for example to Verdana.

Like mentioned above... the color scheme didn't really interest me. I also didn't care for the frames. Your sub-pages are not uniformed. Black BG, blue BG, white BG... I feel those pages should all look and feel the same. Take a look at other sites posted on WHT and get some ideas of a layout that flows more. The comment about a submarine image as part of your header is a great idea.