First Time Dedicated - HELP!!!

Dear citizens of dedicated servers...

I'm new at this world, and if that is not problem can you give me some major advices about:

Which software
    Which Machine
    What to look
    Which company to use

I need something like:

512 mb ram
    50 gb HD
    1 Ghz
    400 Gb bandwith

Server will be used for web hosting (reselling space) and for hosting 3-4 my sites (I will need only for those sites around 100 gb bandwith).

Please give me some major advices, about apache, linux...what should I look for and ofcourse tell me what you recommend!

First time newbie???

Give Cobalt RaQ550 a try...
    Easy admin, no in-depth linux skills required, very good support, cobalt reseases frequently patches (security, updates,.) , idiot-proof control panel included,...

1.26GHZ, up to 2GB RAM, up to 2x 80GB RAID0 or 1,...

Chicago, Illinios
    I think you should go with Cobalt Raq. If you don't want one, go to because it's semi-managed and they could help you out.

If you know absolutely nothing, has excellent support and they'll help you with anything you need.

Remember that in a Web server RAM and drive speed are far more important than processor speed. If you're weighing your options and can afford to get a 1.6 ghz machine with 256 MB of RAM or a 1 ghz machine with 512 MB of RAM, go with the second option.

Trust me on this one. I've got older sub-1 ghz machines that a human can't distinguish from a 1.6 ghz machine because both are loaded with RAM.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

The main problem is which company to choose, I had server onr ackshack, I don't like them...

I will probably take server on

If you have any more suggestions feel free to express them here