Processing Credit Card Payments

I am fairly new in the hosting world, what is the best way to process online credit card payments? What kinda software should i use? I need a merchant account through like verisign or something right? Some recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi
    This is for the UK only
    If you are a registered business and have had a bank merchant account for longer than 3 years then you can apply for internet transactions license. If not then you should look into a third party payment gateway. There are many to select from, the top being 2checkout.com and worldpay.com.

My personal favourite is PayStamp.com with no monthly fee's or signup fee's
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

Try a 3rd party processing company - ascertain how much money you will be transacting, and the amount of fraud - then possibly get your own merchant account iwth you favourite bank

hosticle is right.

Depends on volume, you may start with a third party processing (not your own merchant account) and when you grow, just get your own merchant account and virtual terminal, so you can process credit cards over Internet network.

for 3rd party merchant processing, consider:

www.hostcharge.com
    www.2checkout.com
    www.paypal.com (paypal payments)
    www.revecom.com

for real merchant account, check out:

www.echo-inc.com
    www.onlinedatacorp.com
    www.charge.com
    www.merchantservice.com
    www.merchantbankcard.com
    www.safesolutions.com

[you can also go to www.authorize.net and view their reseller list]

VeriSign also offers credit card processing:
    http://www.verisign.com

Hope this helps a little

NOTE: This is for informative purposes only. I can't suggest how good or bad service these companies provide.

If you check out www.mals-e.com , they give you all the information you need. They are UK based but include link for international companies

I would recommend revecom or hostcharge - they really are two of the best - and I have tried quite a few

I'm just waiting for Ace charge to be launched (from hostcharge). Since I sell products hostcharge can not be used. But they look like a very good company.