Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting good clients?

OK, now how do mchost.com and splashhost.com and few other hosts get that many clients? Some hosts have higher prices and still have more clients? is there any book or website that I can learn this from?

Thanks for help!
    Last edited by HostDealer; 07-12-2002 at 11:42 PM.

lol i'm confused

Some hosts have higher prices and still have less clients? is there any book or website that I can learn this from?
    Yes sum hosts do have higher prices and still less clients. This is weird. Are you sure you worded that one right LOL

Thanks

thats a typo. It should be more clients. My bad.

No book. Just give your best, deliver good work and satidfy the client. And most of all BE YOURSELF, never pretend to be anybody or anything else and you shall succeed

sorry. I've tried that, and was unsuccessful. There has to be other way. Too bad none of the "BIG HOSTS" want to reveal this secret!

if they revealed this information then everyone would be big and you would be taking thier potential customers... so i doubt they are going to tell you.

but it would be interesting to know.

You have to give it time, the first few customers are the hardest to get. It might take up to 6-12 months for a hosting company to get established and start making profit. Your growth speed increases with every customer you get. If you want to grow faster, you need to market your services. The more money you put on advertising, the more money will you get back. It's not strange that all these big companies get so many signups when they have these tower ads in all the webmaster related sites and hosting directories.
    (SH)Saeed

hostdealer, I guess it depends on their strategy. Sell 100 hosting accounts for $5.00 or sell 50 hosting accounts for $10.00? I suppose a higher price tag could be 'perceived' as better quality. That's my opinion though
    spam --> /dev/null

Patience and continous hard work.

We post a few specials from time to time. We do some limited advertising in a few places. Most of all, however, we provide clients with a great service - and word of mouth / recommendations bring in the bulk of clients.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Yes I must agree with voxtreme. WOM is the best bet for startups and even some well establish companies I know still use that method and see excellent results.
    Regards,
    Santiago Yajan Cruz
    -----------------------------------------------
    [://Insert ancient Chinese saying here ...]

give your first 30 customers good/special rates and provide good and fast customer service... you will see the results shortly!

Why is it some people simply cannot see the forest for the trees?
    There has to be other way. Too bad none of the "BIG HOSTS" want to reveal this secret!
    NocSol gave you the answer and (SH)Saeed followed it up for those with a larger marketing budget. If you put the two together you'll come close to perfection

Now for the REALLY BIG hosts you'll have to add some mega $$VC$$ to the equation and/or a good $ettlement from a big law$uit ...
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

Everybody is saying be patient and provide good service. Can you tell me how come splashhost.com and mchost.com have only been in business forl ike 8 months or so and have probably over 100 good paying clients? If they were patient I am sure that wouldnt happen since all those clients didnt register in last 2 months.

and word of mouth / recommendations bring in the bulk of clients.

OK, like which people would recommend you as a good host? Most people dont really even recommend you even if you had good quality service and servers. They just recommend most popular hosts!

Originally posted by HostDealer
    Everybody is saying be patient and provide good service. Can you tell me how come splashhost.com and mchost.com have only been in business forl ike 8 months or so and have probably over 100 good paying clients? If they were patient I am sure that wouldnt happen since all those clients didnt register in last 2 months.
    Why did MChost and splashhost become so big, in such little time you ask??

They were one of the first to offer bulk reseller plans. Back when they started off, this type of reseller plan was almost unheard of (well, with the exception of donhost and fasthosts.)

They offered something unique, with great features and support (unlike donhost and fasthosts.) This aspect is key...

Too bad none of the "BIG HOSTS" want to reveal this secret!
    You just mentioned their secret Another key is financial resources ...you can easily be making $50.000-$100.000+ /month, but you have to invest quite a bit at the startup and during the first 6 months.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

I'd say mchost has 1000+ and maybe 2000+ clients spread over 20+ servers and Splashost.com would have around 250 to 500, going by their 7 servers and maybe 50, 70 to 100 resellers per server...etc..
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by 311
    They were one of the first to offer bulk reseller plans. Back when they started off, this type of reseller plan was almost unheard of (well, with the exception of donhost and fasthosts.)

They offered something unique, with great features and support (unlike donhost and fasthosts.) This aspect is key...
    Yes, absolutely. The mchost style reseller plans have ripped to the core of the older hosts who charged their resellers 1 domain at a time and simply gave discounts per domain. That model has been superseeded by the bulk reseller model, IMO. This has been the main reason for the success of mchost style models and is driven by public demand through the receiving of such benefits etc...I'd hate to have a business model built on reselling where you charge per domain and simply give discounts per domain hosted.

No use having a factory that makes vinyl records when noone buys them anymore. Such is the evolution of business driven by suppliers looking to deliver something different to existing markets rather than creating new markets. Also driven by the public looking for a better deal/service etc...

Originally posted by Kiwi
    You just mentioned their secret Another key is financial resources ...you can easily be making $50.000-$100.000+ /month, but you have to invest quite a bit at the startup and during the first 6 months.
    Not if you start from point 0.0 and build out your business model organically, reinvesting revenues back into infrastructure and slowly expanding as your revenue base expands in exact proportion with your expenditure etc...

The more clients - the more servers - the more staff - the more $$$$$ etc...This works providing the basic model is profitable and can be expanded out. If the profits aren't showing in the beginning, then they won't show up later on. More likely, you'll just be digging a deeper whole of debt.

The $50,000- $100,000.00/mth income level is simply achieved over time as a natural result of your business being grown organically rather than upfront investment and cashflow catchup games. Not that many dotcoms suffered from that.

I would be bold to say that almost every honest, hard working host that provides a good product for a reasonable price and looks after their clients, will have a big business in 2 to 5 years time. It's just a time game and a patience game.

OK, since splashhost.com and mchost.com got everything, then I dont think we shoudl even need more hosts. If mchost.com has started with reseller plans before everybody else, then I guess its too late for other business companies to start these days.

If youve got an attitude like that then personally i dont think you would of get very far.

There is still money to be made, you just need to take an existing aproach and do it well, or find a new aproach.

OK, since splashhost.com and mchost.com got everything, then I dont think we shoudl even need more hosts.
    Hardly. There's plenty of new growth out there and this section of the hosting market is growing rapidly. Early days yet....

Originally posted by SplashHost.com
    If youve got an attitude like that then personally i dont think you would of get very far.

There is still money to be made, you just need to take an existing aproach and do it well, or find a new aproach.
    attitude? Sorry, you must have misunderstood me. Somebody said that mchost.com and splashhost.com started reseller plans and thats how they got many clients? Well if you guys started reseller plans and got clients, then I dont really think people would need to start new hosting companies.

Sorry for being unclear!

attitude? Sorry, you must have misunderstood me. Somebody said that mchost.com and splashhost.com started reseller plans and thats how they got many clients? Well if you guys started reseller plans and got clients, then I dont really think people would need to start new hosting companies.
    Sorry for being unclear!
    That's not necessarily true, because some people may want variety. Maybe they have already tried MChost and splash, and they might just want to try something new. You never know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast