PHP & Graphic Designers - Bid on any or all of these...

Outstanding work orders for Data Intelligence Group

Please reply to [email protected] with the following information:
    [list=1][*]Your bid on each order that you are interested in.[*]Your hourly rate for additional add-on work.[*]The timeframe in which you can complete the work.[*]Some websites that show samples of your ability.[*]Any other details you may need to create a bid.[/list=1]

Please note that these are serious job orders. I need to have them completed quickly. My usual developer is too busy to help me out right now so I'm looking for someone who can fill in. Don't bid unless you are ready to start working.

In some cases I've separated things into discrete components so that you can submit your bid for a small piece of the overall picture. You are welcome to bid on everything at rcgroups.com in one big chunk if you like.

You will be paid by a corporate check from Data Intelligence Group within 30 days of receipt of a paper invoice to our offices. We do not pay via paypal or other means. We do not accept email invoices.

Order #1 ***awarded***
    Site: Fragalicious.com
    Subject: Template
    Skills: Graphic design, minor PHP, 2checkout.com
    Description: This job order involves taking the content at www.fragalicious.com and applying a template to match the business. The business is game hosting (e.g. Counter-strike, Quake III, etc). The site design should make use of a dark background and fonts/graphics which set the proper mood. Examples of other sites can be provided to assist you. The payment gateway is 2checkout.com. The site designer will be responsible for incorporating this payment gateway into the site.
    Due: July 31st

Order #2 ***took care of it myself***
    Site: RCGroups.com
    Subject: vBulletin Hack
    Skills: Heavy PHP, vBulletin experience
    Description: RCGroups.com is a 10,000+ user vBulletin forum system. The work involves making a hack for the forum which will allow users to find other users who live nearby. This involves doing an IP-to-Lat/Lon lookup. The developer will create the following: (1) a Cron job, PHP script, or otherwise, which will review the captured IP information for each user at regular intervals and make an approximate guess of their latitude and longitude (using tools I will provide - you don't have to engineer this part). The lat/lon information will then be stored in a vBulletin user profile field. (2) a new PHP-based page which will allow users to search for other users within a given distance. (3) an add-on to the User Profile page which will allow users to correct their lat/lon information.
    Due: 30 days

Order #3 ***awarded***
    Site: www.deaf-rc.org
    Subject: Site template
    Skills: Graphic Design
    Description: This is an R/C club website. We need someone to take the content and apply a new site template to it so it looks much better. Low cost is a priority here.

Order #4 ***awarded***
    Site: www.liftzone.com
    Subject: Site design
    Skills: Graphic Design, minimal PHP
    Description: The designer will use the content at www.ezonemag.com, a sister site, as the basis for this design. The Lift Zone will be a new webzine devoted to R/C Sailplanes. A logo will be provided. The rest of the design is up to the designer, but should mirror the design of The E Zone (www.ezonemag.com).
    Due: Site launch is September 1st. We need this work done by early August so we can start adding articles.

Order #5 ***awarded***
    Subject: 2checkout template
    Skills: Graphic Design, 2checkout.com
    Description: We need a simple header and footer for our 2checkout.com account. You can use the graphics from the rest of the site to get an idea for how it should look.
    Due: ASAP

Order #6 ***awarded***
    Subject: advertising rate sheet and sign-up page
    Skills: PHP, graphic design, 2checkout.com
    Description: We need a sophisticated rate sheet and sign-up page for the sale of targeted banner advertising. The sheet should pull information from a database to allow our salesperson to establish new ad zones, change rates, enable/disable availability, etc. We use 2checkout.com for the order processing. The ad sign-up database will store the following information: keyword (a string value used for phpAdsNew), target (a string value), monthly cost (numeric), sign up fee (numeric), availability (boolean), format (a string specifying size and graphic type), sample image(URL).

Order #7 ***awarded***
    Subject: membership sign-ups
    Skills: PHP, vBulletin, graphic design, 2checkout.com
    Description: This endeavor will create a three-tierd membership sign-up system. Users will review the membership options (provided to the developer as an HTML file), choose from an option, and proceed to the credit card processing via 2checkout.com. After sign-up the following tasks will be performed: (1) the user's vbulletin group will be changed to reflect their tier, (2) an email will be dispatched to a specified email address. We also need a vBulletin hack which will display the user's tier in each message they post, and also display their tier in the "Members" listing. If this can be done with templates instead of a hack, we will prefer that.

Order #8 ***awarded***
    Subject: graphic design of print magazine ads
    Skills: graphic design
    Description: I need a 1/4 page and a full page ad prepared for print magazine publication. Format and content details will be provided.
    Due: 10 days
    Last edited by jbourke; 07-17-2002 at 05:13 PM.

"Order #2
    Subject: vBulletin Hack
    Skills: Heavy PHP, vBulletin experience
    Description: RCGroups.com is a 10,000+ user vBulletin forum system. The work involves making a hack for the forum which will allow users to find other users who live nearby. This involves doing an IP-to-Lat/Lon lookup. The developer will create the following: (1) a Cron job, PHP script, or otherwise, which will review the captured IP information for each user at regular intervals and make an approximate guess of their latitude and longitude (using tools I will provide - you don't have to engineer this part). The lat/lon information will then be stored in a vBulletin user profile field. (2) a new PHP-based page which will allow users to search for other users within a given distance. (3) an add-on to the User Profile page which will allow users to correct their lat/lon information.
    Due: 30 days "

Why not add a field in signup, required. That asks for ZIP, STATE, or even CITY?
    Patrick Schrader

We are the guys...

I have sent you an e-mail regarding the work.

Best Regards,
    Leigh Hewitt
    Chewnet Web Services!
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

Originally posted by Global-Host2

Why not add a field in signup, required. That asks for ZIP, STATE, or even CITY?
    If you can use that information to find all the users within 50 miles of another user then that is fine with me.

If you consider the problem you'll see that lat/lon is the best way. We can compute that from city and state given a database of information, but since IP can be used to determine lat/lon with reasonable accuracy, and since we already capture incoming IP, I think that is the best method.

Jim

Orders #5 and #8 have been awarded to someone. I'll keep updating my post as I find workers.

The primary thing I look at is the portfolio. Take note of that if you are a budding graphic designer. Your customers want to see a portfolio that shows off your talents.

Jim

Did you receive my email?
    Lead Designer @ SingleHop

Will you guys read the rules. You cant post have you got my email or I have pmed you.
    If you use ZIP i think it could be done.
    Patrick Schrader

Yes, I read it. I was just wondering. I sent it awhile ago, I was just checking, since this is the only means of contacting him.

x

Originally posted by Global-Host2
    If you use ZIP i think it could be done.
    Only if you have a database that maps zip codes to lat/lon.

Jim

What portfolio item are you referring to? Is it one of our designers personal sites? Please explain!

Originally posted by fabrikated
    What portfolio item are you referring to? Is it one of our designers personal sites? Please explain!
    Forgive me, I had you confused with someone else. I deleted my message.

Jim

Thank goodness! I didn't remember having any clients sites with curse words in it! Thank you so much for clearing that up