* BlueHost and HostMonster

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with bluehost.com and hostmonster.com companies. I wanted to buy their web hosting services, but before I proceed I wanted to know if any of you guys have experience with them. I wanted to know how is their uptime, service, support etc.

I have really some bad experiences with my previous hosts. I will tell you more about them in my next post.

Have A Nice Day!
    Bye

Does anyone have experience with bluehost.com and hostmonster.com companies.
    It is actually the same company, just different brands. There will be a lot more feedback to be found about Bluehost, as it is older.

Ok thanks, I will do some search here and hope I find what I need.

You can use the search function of WHT to find the reviews that maid about them. Also if you are looking for a reseller hosting I think they don't provide.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Hmm.. I don't know how I managed not to notice this the first time.

Thread moved to Web Hosting Forum. You stand better chance to get more feedback here.

Hello,

I host a few of my sites on HostMonster (they are personal, but I will send you the link of it to test the speed of the site upon request). I can tell you that HostMonster has had great uptime, and I honestly cannot remember the last time I was down in the 8 months I have been with them. Their support is top-notch when I do use it (I rarely have to use it, since I don't require that much support), and they are professional and courteous (both on the telephone and online when I spoke to HostMonster Support). As stated, BlueHost is essentially the same company as HostMonster, but I chose HostMonster for its offers at a price that I couldn't get from BlueHost.

I am a very pleased customer with HostMonster, and I highly recommend them! The only drawback I can think of is the fact that they only allow a maximum of 100 MySQL Databases to be created. The downside to that is you can't get any more than that, and you can't even opt to pay to get more. However, I am not even close to using 100 MySQL Databases, so there's no problem there.

Good luck with your hosting venture!

The only drawback I can think of is the fact that they only allow a maximum of 100 MySQL Databases to be created.
    100 Mysql databases is a huge number for the vast majority of users. I wouldn't call that number a drawback, at that price.

i wrote i review about BlueHost

check it out , it might be usefull to u

and by the way , HM & BH are the same company

Good Luck

Thank you all for your responses, I wanted to use it to host the websites I design for my clients so I guess it will be enough for me. Most of my sites are static and only 10% needs a database so I guess 100MB file size for MySQL database is big enough for most of the website needs.

Quote Originally Posted by skzubair View Post
    Thank you all for your responses, I wanted to use it to host the websites I design for my clients so I guess it will be enough for me. Most of my sites are static and only 10% needs a database so I guess 100MB file size for MySQL database is big enough for most of the website needs.

I think that Hostmonster or Bluehost do not offer private nameservers or any kind of anonymity. Are you sure that you want to host your clients on a plan that is transparent to them? Quite a few guys do that actually, but sometimes this thought does not pass the mind.

Transparent plans ... hm ... I don't think anybody wants to have such hosting.

Thank you all for your responses, I wanted to use it to host the websites I design for my clients so I guess it will be enough for me.
    I would first make sure that this kind of usage (essentially reselling web space) is permitted with a shared hosting account. Not all hosts allow it.

Talking About Blue Host and Host monster

Hi

The only advantage is that they have only one single plan,so it is not confusing. But as far as features are concerned,both are the same but different brand names.

-----------------------------------
    Raves-Reviews-Rantes
    Besthostingreview.org
    Last edited by Swingline; 04-28-2007 at 10:21 AM.

I wrote of my experience in this thread.

interesting, tanks for the infos

Their support is very good in my opinion. I currently have an account with them for storing uploads.

I used to have an account with Bluehost, but it was a while ago so I don't know how relevant the information is, although I was very satisfied with support och service. My biggest concern was the bad bandwidth performance - but that may be because I'm not from US.
    -Mr Bister