Thread: modernbill?

modernbill?

Does modern bill actually work as a 'transaction server' i.e. does it actually bill the client or do i need to get a separate account such as worldpay...and how can i inegrate them?

what other tips are there for billing?

Yes, you will need to have an account with a company such as World Pay, we are using WP and everything is running smoothly!
    dot5hosting.com
    [email protected]
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

so modernbill tracks the orders...or does it not interact with WP at all...

they are not linked?

It works with your payment processor. I believe it integrates with WP, among the multitude it supports.

Yes, world pay sends a call back to MB
    dot5hosting.com
    [email protected]
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

what about Paystamp? can i integrate them?

i am assuming they work together

PayStamp does not validate credit cards in real time due to fraud checks which take place when an order is placed.

So that may cause a few problems when integrated with ModernBill.
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

i think u contradicted urself...

the cards are not checked...but fraud checks are done when an order is placed

?????

so that means it does perform checks whne some1 pays!

I said the credit card is not validated in real-time which means it is not confirmed on the actual payment page.

Instead it is sent and the admin at PayStamp.com who authorise the payment if the card passes the fraud checks they put it through.
    I think you got confused with that I said. Or you did not understand fully what the meaning of real-time.

Either way, good luck with integrating ModernBill with PayStamp if you deceide to do so. And keep us up to date if you do go ahead with it.

Originally posted by digitalb
    i think u contradicted urself...

the cards are not checked...but fraud checks are done when an order is placed

?????

so that means it does perform checks whne some1 pays!
    Barry

I found modernbill to just be a rip of software here there and everywhere.

Modernbill is not all that advanced, so I would recommend to code your own, or trawl for a free alternative

i have experience in mysql and PHP so it may be a good little project!

Well thats basically all you need to know

Ive done my own, and it works just great! Best of all I didnt cost me a penny.
    Barry

hosticle:

May we help you understand how ModernBill operates?

It's surely not a "rip of software". ModernBill was born from the ground up. Aside from the help of Vortech and his signup script, ModernBill started as a custom project, and will always be custom coded. Even the signup scripts have been recoded to fit the needs of all the clients wanting to use ModernBill for their billing.

We would be happy to educate you on the project foundation, and what direction ModernBill is heading.

Question: are you a ModernBill Client?

We thank all our clients for their support.

Sincerely,
    ModernBill .:. Support Team

I found modernbill to just be a rip of software here there and everywhere.

Modernbill is not all that advanced, so I would recommend to code your own, or trawl for a free alternative
    ModernBill
    Web Host Billing Software
    www.ModernBill.com

Originally posted by MBill Admin
    ... help of Vortech and his signup script...
    im sorry... hahaha - I'm laughing my butt off at that comment
    just had to do it because of the ignorance i see here, lol

*ahem* sorry, anyways... if you actually think about it almost every software that is being released now is a 'rip' or an advanced version of another software.

As a personal remark, i'd say that if you need something to make taking care of business easier.. do it yourself as you'll get all the features you want and none that you don't need.

John...

We are laughing with you!

Originally posted by MBill Admin
    John...

We are laughing with you!

lol, glad you have a sense of humor of that previous issue which was basically resolved by my own good will and lack of enthusiasm for continuing to deal with the person who basically deceived me - as I was amazed that anyone would condescend down to the level of allowing anyone else to discredit the work another person has done. I don't blame MB for it actually... I don't blame anyone for it now considering that it has taught me an important lesson and actually thank him for it.

anyways, lets go back to the subject of the original poster...

Does anyone know if moderbill includes 'future pay' integration or is it just select junior integration for one off payments?
    http://blueboxservers.com
    Managed Dedicated Plesk Servers
    Inflow NOC 100% SLA

Originally posted by alpha

lol, glad you have a sense of humor of that previous issue which was basically resolved by my own good will and lack of enthusiasm for continuing to deal with the person who basically deceived me - as I was amazed that anyone would condescend down to the level of allowing anyone else to discredit the work another person has done. I don't blame MB for it actually... I don't blame anyone for it now considering that it has taught me an important lesson and actually thank him for it.

anyways, lets go back to the subject of the original poster...
    . I assume you're talking about Brad? Brad is a good guy when he wants to be .

alpha

I would hope it did teach you a lesson. Maybe how to finish a JOB??

I am really tired of seeing your childish little jabs on this matter. *YOU* never finshed what *I* was paying you for!! If anyone should be pissed here, it should be ME since I wasted time and money on you. Basically all you did was try to take credit for something *I* came up with the ideas for and told you how to make. You dropped the ball, so I had the program recoded and gave it all to ModernBill.

Here's a thought, GROW UP and GET OVER IT!! Don't take on jobs you can't handle.

Sounds like someone got pissed off.

If only I had those people at HostHideout when you announced that you were looking for a programmer. You asked for a frontend script - an order script, gave me bunch of URLs with the generalized instructions as "make the script do this like this site and add this like this site".

Only after you realized that I could actually program to your liking, you decided that you wanted to lay more work on me by requesting additional features and even tried to put the idea of making a full-featured script for you to sell. The original part of the project was finished and I added additional features for you upon your request. We talked about a possible backend of the project, but I never ever said to you that I would take the job but it would be a good project.

Afterwards, I received a job from a software developing company to work on a web/win32 version of their billing software. I gladly accepted the job since I had NO OBLIGATIONS to you whatsoever and I had A LOT more trust in them compared to the trust you gave me after you 'lost' your credit card and your payments to me from paypal were 'charged back' (terms used by paypal). And this payment was delayed by you (if you even remember) for a month and a half. By that time, I was sick and tired of dealing with your deceptive ways of avoiding my request for payment... "oh, I'll have billing fedex you a check tomorrow - oh, I don't have the tracking number yet because billing is delayed a bit - oh, I'll have them send it to you tomorrow"

You tell me to grow up, when it is you who should grow up and realize that you should always give credit where credit is due. I will say this now since the actual sign up script seemed to have been changed a lot from what I have actually worked on - you gave me a 'tidbit' of the supposedly changed code that MB selling batched with their product - but all it was all the HTML being ECHOED out in php instead of just loading it as html - this basically tells me you have no idea how PHP scripts work and there are multiple ways of printing things out in the script.

Tell me that I didn't finish the job you originally requested, as I will post the transcript of OUR FIRST ICQ conversation and humiliate your attempt to discredit my work. Tell me you didn't withhold my payment for my work and delayed it for a month and a half as I have all the emails I have sent to you requesting the payment over and over. Tell me that I should have trusted and believed 100% of everything you said.

Basically all you did was try to take credit for something *I* came up with the ideas for and told you how to make
    I laugh at that statement... as I didn't know that all the code that I wrote were actually written by you. I wasn't the one who thought about how the code should actually been written . if you want me to scan you my notes, the flowchart, etc - then I will scan them and post it here to prove that I have spent time planning for this script while you just sent me URLs of existing signup scripts so I can 'make it do this like this site and that site'

Just give me an excuse to post old ICQ messages/Emails/PMs we have exchanged during this exhaustive issue. I was tired of this issue before because I was busy with school and work when I found out how the signup part of MB is 'Powered by Vortech'.

Just a note, I don't blame MB at all for trusting Vortech - as I have seen the header of the signup script and realized that anything with my name or Alpha on it was replaced with 'Vortech' while all my personal disclaimer and copyright statements remained intact.

Simple question for you. Let's see if you can answer this one without ranting and blowing smoke. DID YOU GET PAID?? It's either YES or NO.

Yes I did - I appreciate that even though in reality the payment was late by a month and a half.

how about these for you:

Did you or did you not adhere to the disclaimers and copyright statement that I have commented on EVERY SINGLE file of the script?

Did you or did you not delay my payment after paypal did a chargeback on those payments (the reasons for this I could not see nor prove so I dropped the issue) ?

Did you or did you not originally want a frontend script? We talked about a back end but was never layed out as all my other jobs are layed out.

Did you did not you replace 'Alpha Digital' with 'Vortech' on every file of the script while the functionality and the look of the actual script remained intact?

As I said... just give me an excuse to post up old emails/ICQ/PMs in this thread. As you will have nothing you say to me as I have finished what you originally requested... I sent you an details email explaining that I was professionally contracted by a development company to work on another software and that paid well and I personally didn't have to worry about trust issues since this company wouldn't go as far as discrediting work. I also included in that email that I WOULD be able to work with you on the backend if you needed but in a couple of months while my work with the development firm ended.

This issue has been battles out by you two on many occasions. I personally thing that you shafted Alpha but I think this is getting way off topic and these sort of things spoil the boards.
    Barry

hey guys... we're going to take this out of this thread and work it out through ICQ.

Please no more comments about this issue (my fault for bringing this thread OT)

ooookk...that was interesting.

Guys and Gals...

Peace.... hand shakes... the beers are on me

Thank you for your support!