hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : SNMP vs Windows Firewall

Forum Jump

SNMP vs Windows Firewall

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Question

SNMP vs Windows Firewall

questions i dont like asking but here goes ..... is it just me or does windows firewall in Win2K3 randomly decide to block SNMP ports?... i have over 30 servers runnng Win2K3 and out of the blue yonder today 3 stopped reporting snmp data ...... the windows firewall was turned off and ICS services were not running but still ports 161 and 162 were being randomly blocked ... so now i add ports 161 & 162 to the FW and it all works but when i disable the services to be free of windows firewall ports 161 and 162 get blocked again and snmp is down [back to square 1]... so simple solution is to leave windows firewall enabled & ports 161/162 enabled rite? ...but then um... nobody wants Windows firewall on thier server ... uggg ...... any suggestions from the guru'z on this? ... im almost sure im not the 1st to be plagued by this conundrum .... Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old
Account Suspended

windows firewall in Win2K3 randomly blocks almost everything, include remote desktop with SP2.

Old

i dont seem to have this issue problems with the other 27 servers ... all were installed from the same ghost img with ICS/FW services disabled to prevent .... im going to re-install and see if that solves things

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Microsoft Surpasses Amazon as Largest Windows Hosting Company: Netcraft Web Hosting News 2014-02-27 17:05:44
GoGrid Adds New Firewall Services to Cloud SDN Architecture Web Hosting News 2013-04-11 10:50:21
Phoenix NAP Adds Firewall and Storage Capabilities to Secured Servers Web Hosting News 2013-01-21 14:15:08
Interoute Launches Cloud Firewall Service for Real-time View into Security Threats Web Hosting News 2012-12-04 16:00:56
Web Host HostGee Rolls Out Managed Firewall Cluster Service Web Hosting News 2012-10-22 15:36:38