Tucows , RegisterFly & dotUK domains

I have been able to get most of my domains out from RegisterFly,
    but I have one problem left. My dotUK. domains.

RegisterFly used Tucows to register their dotUK domains.

I have a .co.uk domain that has to bee renwed soon, and I have already
    tried to do it the right way, through the current "registrar", Registerfly.

Well, it doesn't work.

So I wrote to both Tucows and Nominet to ask if they had a suggestion on how to do this.

And what suprises me, is that I have got NO answer what so ever
    from any of the two.

I did read on Registerflies that RegisterFly owed Tucows a lot of money.
    Tucows could have gotten their money directly from the domain owners
    just like eNom now are able to after letting the owners push their domains
    to another eNom account that they created.

There has to be more people than me that did registrer an dotUK
    domain through RegisterFly.

What have You done, and did You have any luck?

Sammy
    I'm just nobody... and nobody's perfect... so...

I havn't had any .uk domains registered through registerfly, but I'll just mention this as a last-resort kind of thing. Nominet can change IPSTAGs for you, but they do charge for it.

If all else fails, it may be worth looking into. http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrant...angeregistrar/

Looking at their FAQ, you should be able to transfer it no problem providing there is nothing outstanding, like an upcoming renewal. That makes things a slight bit more complicated.

On the up-side, some .uk registrars provide free inbound transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
    Nominet can change IPSTAGs for you, but they do charge for it.
    Thanks..
    Will call them on monday and ask.

Could You name or suggest any..?

Sammy
    I'm just nobody... and nobody's perfect... so...

I know 123-reg do it, because we use them for .uk domain names most of the time.

That link I posted gives the details about the service from Nominet.

If all else fails, it may be worth looking into. http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrant...angeregistrar/

Looking at their FAQ, you should be able to transfer it no problem providing there is nothing outstanding, like an upcoming renewal. That makes things a slight bit more complicated.
    If there is an outstanding renewal you have two options - and I'll start with the "last resort" one:

1) You can pay the renewal yourself, at the retail price of GBP 80 plus VAT (ouch!)

2) If your new tagholder (registrar) is agreeable, the domain can be renewed through their account after the transfer. Nominet has a standard procedure for this which requires you to contact your new registrar and get their confirmation that they are willing to pay, along with a reference number which you then give to Nominet. Some of the more "automated" registrars may not have a mechanism to put non-renewed domains on their tag, so you may need to shop around to find one that will do this for you.

Oh, and another thing...:

.uk domains don't get deleted on their expiry date. In fact NOTHING happens on the expiry date - the domain will remain active and you can still renew it normally, i.e., at no extra charge.

After 30 days the domain gets suspended - this means that the DNS gets pulled. You can still renew the domain normally (i.e., at no extra charge) for a further 60 days.

On Day 90 the domain gets deleted and anyone can grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubeca View Post
    Oh, and another thing...:

.uk domains don't get deleted on their expiry date. In fact NOTHING happens on the expiry date - the domain will remain active and you can still renew it normally, i.e., at no extra charge.

After 30 days the domain gets suspended - this means that the DNS gets pulled. You can still renew the domain normally (i.e., at no extra charge) for a further 60 days.

On Day 90 the domain gets deleted and anyone can grab it.
    Aren't the rules the same ones as the one for .com and .net and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTom3007 View Post
    Aren't the rules the same ones as the one for .com and .net and everything else.
    No they're not. ccTLDs are entirely free to set their own rules, and if you are familiar with how things work in the GTLD land then it should have been obvious from what I wrote that when it comes to expiry/renewal the procedures for .uk are quite different from the procedures for .com etc.

Just went through this process and paid £17.62 to have my TAG changed. Now need to post some signed docs and hopefully this will be done within a few days time. I'll update this thread with the results.

I havn't had any .uk domains registered through registerfly, but I'll just mention this as a last-resort kind of thing. Nominet can change IPSTAGs for you, but they do charge for it.

OSHS Ltd
    OSHS Services - DNS Clusters | R1Soft Licenses | R1Soft CDP Storage | UK Server Colo | UK Rack Space