MySQL on a raq...

Hi everyone,

Pondering over getting a raq or two for me hosting business (UH Hosting so we can offer PHP etc.

Is it easy to install addtional packages? Been reading the sun cobalt site, and theres _alot_ of packages available for the raqs.

Main addtional software we will require will MySQL. It is supported under a raq but how easy is it to install? I have a fair bit of *nix knowledge, but no experience under raq until now.

Im presuming its to do with the rpm installer with the raq (most probably a raq 4 we will be purchasing) that is built in. But how much work so to speak is there to do after that?

Cheers

Re: MySQL on a raq...

Originally posted by James[UH]
    Hi everyone,

Pondering over getting a raq or two for me hosting business (UH Hosting so we can offer PHP etc.

Is it easy to install addtional packages? Been reading the sun cobalt site, and theres _alot_ of packages available for the raqs.

Main addtional software we will require will MySQL. It is supported under a raq but how easy is it to install? I have a fair bit of *nix knowledge, but no experience under raq until now.

Im presuming its to do with the rpm installer with the raq (most probably a raq 4 we will be purchasing) that is built in. But how much work so to speak is there to do after that?

Cheers
    Installation of mySQL on the Cobalt Raq is very easy. There is a .PKG file that you can use that takes about 5 minutes to setup.

Check out: PkgMaster

Talking

Installation of MySQL is indeed easy.

I would strongly (very strongly) suggest also installing phpMyAdmin to administer MySQL.

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

As per previous post, installing pkg files from pkgmaster etc is simple also.

Good luck whichever way you go.

--------------------------
    Grant Nicholas
    WebWorx International
    Australia
    --------------------------