Customers and Bandwidth

What is your customers reaction to when you charge them for bandwidth at the end of the month?

Re: Customers and Bandwidth

Originally posted by goodness0001
    What is your customers reaction to when you charge them for bandwidth at the end of the month?
    Most are happy to pay, since they used it and understand nothing is free. The others go to another provider or try to limit the amount of transfer by compressing images and such.

Why?

I was just wondering if customers leave, or wont pay etc...

The only customers that leave or won't pay are the difficault customers. The customers who are set out to push the world of freedom hosting to limits!

I think people who are unwilling to pay, or just difficault to get around at the end of the month are just losers. Why the hell do some people want to be like that? It kind of pathefic that the world just happens to be filled with certain people who have to be soo uncharitable.

I have only had one that left so far. She got an account at overture.com and placed high bids on a large number of keywords.

She had an overage of 6 Gigs in less than two days. We caught it and notified her about the overage and reminded her of the extra cost.

She canceled and moved to a cheaper host. One that promissed unlimited transfer. Needless to say, the host had several problems and her store was down for a couple days.

She came back. Paid her fees, upgraded to our highest priced plan and has a $120 cash deposit for any future overages.

one of my customers came from myhosting.com which claims unlimited bandwidth, etc, etc. Well they cancled him after 30 days because his site was using too much bandwidth. He emailed them back, and they gave him some speech about how it says unlimited, but if the site is using too much "resources" then they have a right to cancel. Well their "resources" must be pretty slim, because his site is >50mb and uses around 3gig per/month.

I gave them first month overage free, then told them they would have to pay the fee per gig or upgrade to a plan next month. They upgraded with no complaints.
    Patrick Schrader

We've not had any appreciable problems with people not paying overage fees, and ours are higher than most.

A few tried to talk their way out of it, but that's been about it.
    http://forums.webhostdir.com/
    All your hosts are belong to us