Beta Testing Opportunity
Centercode has a new beta testing opportunity for medium to large enterprise business users in the IT industry who need a high performance yet cost effective IP based SAN server.
This IP based Storage Attached Network server uses iSCSI as an affordable yet high performance alternative to Fibre Channel or DAS.
This is a business level product and will require that it is shipped and used at your place of business.
We are targeting US and European-based participants, who meet the following minimum system requirements:
• Considering iSCSI as a cost-effective alternative to DAS or SAN
• Current requirements for between 1TB and 3TB of iSCSI IP-SAN. The unit can expand up to 36TBs, but this Beta program will not cover testing with expansion storage.
• Used in mixed Windows and Linux environments
• Ability and willingness to test iSCSI on Windows 2003, Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux, or VMWare ESX Server and one or more of the following applications:
Exchange, SQL, Oracle, Oracle RAC, PeopleSoft or SAP, Sharepoint, Video/Audio streaming or other business applications
Use snapshot technology for Backup & Restore
Use failover/mirroring technology for high availability
• Gigabit Ethernet switch or GigE Switch with VLAN capability, switch must provide a minimum of 2 ports for the iSCSI appliance and the appropriate number for server (host) attachment.
• Willingness to provide a quote and be a reference for the Press and Analyst community
• Agree to allow Adaptec to publish case study and/or success story