what is more important bandwith or webspace? - please advice!

Hello.
    as a fresh reseller i would like to hear your opinon.
    what is better to get, bandwith or webspace?
    for example i have a site that offer 4 gig of webspace and 20 gig bandwith while other site gives 1.2 gig of webspace with 18 gig of bandwith,
    the 4 gig of webspace and 20 gig bandwith site is charging 50% more.
    which one whould you choose?
    also in your opinion what is the ideal webspace/bandwith ratio?
    thank's
    Last edited by wizard; 07-10-2002 at 04:22 PM.

I have found that most resellers dont go anywhere near their limits, you should just buy from a company you know to be reliable and has good support rather than go with ones that offer more. I doubt you will go near 4gb of space with only 20gb of bandwidth. 1.2gb space an 18gig bandwidth is more realistic.

It depends, customers seem to havea big thing about webspace, ie insisting on 400meg space when they use 20 meg.
    It also depends on the type of account, some cap diskspace so if you sell accounts of 200meg space even if the customer only uses 10meg the account will say that the 200 has gone from your quota.

Customers do have a huge thing about space. Actually I blieve most people more or less rely and think of storage space when it comes to hosting.

- If a fan site if offering free hosting the first thing usualy asked is how much storage space do I get?

- People complain about goecities and anglefire more about there not being enough storage space. (bar the ads)

I think people need to start thinking about bandwidth. I think bandwidth is more important, and I would have choose a '200MB Space, 10GB Bandwidth' deal compared to a '1GB Space, 2GB Bandwidth' deal.

Everyone has their own opinions but I think Bandwidth is more important.

Its also a b!tch sometimes because theres no way of stopping visiters to your site. (unless you put up about 84 pop ups on arrival.)

I agree. I like about a 1/10 ratio of space to bandwidth (100 mb 10,000 mb)
    Its also a b!tch sometimes because theres no way of stopping visiters to your site. (unless you put up about 84 pop ups on arrival.)
    Those darn visitors!
    Actually, 84 popups would count as 84 page views to your site, so that may not be a good idea.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

uh... Not if your advertise a pile of other sites... I'd do it for free anyway!