* Transfer domain problems. Outrageous.

Almost two years ago I was stupid enough to register a domain via a UK based company. Now I wanted to transfer the domain to another registerer, I accepted the email from register (I am the authorized contact), but the UK company doesn't want to accept the transfer. They offer me a special renowal fee: about 90$/two years.
    Do you think what can I do? The domain will expire at the end of the month.

Looks like their holding your domain name to ransom, (, this is how some companies make their money.

The domain name is now probably on hold, so you have two choices, pay them the renewal fee, and then you can transfer out, or you can let the domain expire, and then (hopefully) purchase it from anywhere. But that is the risky way. Some registra's keep domain names on hold indefinatly.

Is it a uk domain (, or a com/ domain?

PS. I hope all UK companies are like this!

The company is However I have tried since last month to transfer, but they do not accept the transfer request.

What's the domain name? If you are not comfortable posting it here, PM me and I'll see if I can help.

myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates

Orlando, FL
    It's funny that they are called "" and yet they make things very complicated