Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cyberwings coming back?

I have several accounts with them and 2 out of the 5 I have are down.
    Are they coming back on or what? Anyone have any news?
    I have made arrangements for 1 account to be moved as this does not look good.
    Anyone have any info please let me know.

Thxs

Dale

From http://www.cwstatus.com/

New DC in Virginia is complete. Lines will be activated today, I've already had my hand-scanned for access to the building (BioMetrix Security System). Servers will be heading in shortly. No ETA when the actual "move" will happen, but it will. 4 New Class C's are being assigned today, will post a list of OLD IP's and NEW IP's on cwstatus.com within 24 hours.

Dual T3's from AT&T & Sprint are in activation on a usage basis only as secondary providers. 100MBit Line from Cogent is activate and lit as of right now.

Virginia DC - 155,000 sqft, Dual T3's from AT&T & Sprint. Primary 100MBit Line from Cogent. 5 Class C's readily available (currently only using 2 1/2).

Sounds pretty uptown to me

Wish I could afford 155,000 sq feet, no clue what I'd do with it (get me one of those little scooters and ride around in it going "wheeeee" comes to mind). Wonder if it has escalators, I've always wanted my own building with my own escalator.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Mind you, Shawn, our fearless leader, managed to set this up in a 48-72hr period...155,000sq ft...

Oh, and of course it has escalators...how else would the pink elephants move from floor to floor?

A 155,000 sqft building would of course be larger than 300 feet by 500 feet, a possible necessity given the size of some of SW's statements.

Will Shawn get in trouble with Burger King? I thought the food chain had already trademarked "Home of the Whopper".

DOH!!

Question IRC contact info

Does anyone have the info for the IRC for Cyberwings. Wanted to get some info and figured this might be the only way as their site is down. Thanks,
    Jim

Re: IRC contact info

Originally posted by jimmartens
    Does anyone have the info for the IRC for Cyberwings. Wanted to get some info and figured this might be the only way as their site is down. Thanks,
    Jim
    server irc.cyberwings.com
    channel #cyberwings
    resident grumpy redneck

Joman Sierra
    http://www.dominet.net

Well, I just had to go check out this chat room that everyone's talking about. Wow...there are people asking how to sign up for new accounts! P.T. Barnum was never more right...

Step right up folks!
    resident grumpy redneck

Heard most is up now

Originally posted by Dixiesys

New DC in Virginia is complete. Lines will be activated today, I've already had my hand-scanned for access to the building (BioMetrix Security System). Servers will be heading in shortly. No ETA when the actual "move" will happen, but it will. 4 New Class C's are being assigned today, will post a list of OLD IP's and NEW IP's on cwstatus.com within 24 hours.

Dual T3's from AT&T & Sprint are in activation on a usage basis only as secondary providers. 100MBit Line from Cogent is activate and lit as of right now.

Virginia DC - 155,000 sqft, Dual T3's from AT&T & Sprint. Primary 100MBit Line from Cogent. 5 Class C's readily available (currently only using 2 1/2).

Sounds pretty uptown to me

Wish I could afford 155,000 sq feet, no clue what I'd do with it (get me one of those little scooters and ride around in it going "wheeeee" comes to mind). Wonder if it has escalators, I've always wanted my own building with my own escalator.
    Call me a sceptic but until I see an address I can send one of my relatives living in Va to, then I dont beleive any of this. It takes months upon months to build out a 155k sq ft facility...not to mention upwards of 20+ million .... this is not a facility owned by that guy and I guarantee he is misrepresenting things.

155k sq ft facility in 48hrs... ya right, real estate closings alone would take forever.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Hi Jag

I agree with you Jag, but how do you know its not just a big scrap metal shed?

Originally posted by edude
    Hi Jag

I agree with you Jag, but how do you know its not just a big scrap metal shed?
    Even if it were, you still cant close on that much space (within distance of fiber connections) in 48hrs. ..not to mention have the fiber routed, network setup, etc. ...

Im sure he is just in a colo facility , perhaps a carrier nuetral one, but still a colo facility.
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Yes, so its lieing to his customers, many hosts seem to do this these days..

This is pathetic, still with most of the sites down, he continues with his dumb sales, he takes all your money then can't come through....

PreLaunch Now for Those Who Want It
    July 11th, 2002

in this issue

Reseller & AYW Account PreLaunch Additions

Individual PreLaunch Accounts

Dedicated Server PreLaunch - 2 Available

Specific PreLaunch Deal?

Reseller & AYW Account PreLaunch Additions

Due to the fact that in our new DC we are sitting on top of literally 10x the bandwidth that our previous data center had (and we didn't even use the bandwidth we had allocated in Maine to its full extent!) we would like to offer AYW accounts & Resellers the ability to add 50GB of bandwidth to any account for $40. You can add 100GB of bandwidth to any account for $75. We have ample bandwidth to pass around, so why not share a bit of it at extremely low costs. As always these are one time fees.

2CheckOut Link Here

Greetings!
    Due to the overwhelming number of requests I have received for prelaunch colocation, dedicated & account deals, this email is for those who have requested that. For those who did not request that, please ignore this email unless you are interested.

If you find anything in this email that you are interested in, please email [email protected] for information on how to confirm your reservation for these services in our new DC. Again, for those who are not interested, just stop reading now and move on. There is no reason why we cannot offer a variety of PreLaunch offers for those who are requesting them, and make them available to everyone, even while we are transitioning. Gawk at this if you wish, but we are offering these to people who want them before our launch in our Virginia DC. If you're not interested, move on and don't bother reading this email. For those of you who are interested, enjoy the PreLaunch deals!

Individual PreLaunch Accounts

Individual Accounts are so easy for us to provide, and such a wonderful thing for people to have. Individual Plans 1-10 are $1.00 through $10.00 according to their plan #. Example: Plan 1 is $1.00 and Plan 10 is $10.00 - very simple. If you need to know what each plan comes with, please see below:
    All plans below will come with 9GB of monthly transfer. All previous Individual Plans sold will be increased to 8GB of monthly transfer after the transition. I1 - 20mb, I2 - 40mb, I3 - 60mb, I4 - 80mb, I5 - 100mb, I6 - 150mb, I7 - 200mb, I8 - 250mb, I9 - 300mb, I10 - 500mb.

Dedicated Server PreLaunch - 2 Available

AMD T-Bird 1800+, 1GB of RAM, 60gb Hard Drives, 5 IP's included with 150GB of monthly transfer. $400 one time fee and $0.50 per GB AFTER your 150GB allocation each month. No flat monthly fee to keep the server on our network. 2 Available.

Specific PreLaunch Deal?

If you are looking for a specific PreLaunch deal, please contact one of our staff members in the IRC Chat Channel or email [email protected] and let us know what you are looking for. Remember, the bandwidth at our new DC is absolutely stellar, so if you're looking to add LARGER amounts of bandwidth to any accounts, we can do it and give you an awesome deal. Please remember that PLESK Software has a limitation of 999GB on any "AYW/RESELLER" account.
    That's it folks... I'm getting back to the move today, but at least these are out there for those who want them. I won't be pushing these heavily but do encourage those who want them to get them - my focus is going to be on finishing our transition, distribution reseller IP's, and restoring normalcy in a very trying period for everyone.

To Pay By 2CheckOut, Click Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :: email us
    :: visit our site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phone: Not Currently Available

This guy offers a dedicated server for $400 setup and no monthly fee? whatever

Hey Jag, if he built a datacentre that quick or setup it up, he must have the money to do it at that price

J/K

Originally posted by Jag
    This guy offers a dedicated server for $400 setup and no monthly fee? whatever
    What's wrong with that?

oh nothing, I just forgot for a second that all telco's now give you free unlimited acccess to their lines and facilities no longer charge you a lease fee. ...silly me !

Originally posted by Jag
    oh nothing, I just forgot for a second that all telco's now give you free unlimited acccess to their lines and facilities no longer charge you a lease fee. ...silly me !
    We love to dream, don't we?

Was there ever a real/complete explanation about what happened with his old DC?????
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

Yes headsurfer, their was, it got abducted by aliens..

Originally posted by Jag
    How dare you forget?

Originally posted by headsurfer
    Was there ever a real/complete explanation about what happened with his old DC?????
    They got really mad at me when I asked that on their IRC channel...wonder why...lol

lol, whats the irc channel? and network? might join in on the fun

Originally posted by edude
    lol, whats the irc channel? and network? might join in on the fun
    irc.cyberwings.com

#cyberwings

14 days downtime and still nothing. 14 days!

Well CEO-Shawn (Our fearless leader) has to build the new flagship datacenter brick by brick, you know...

Guess his 'datacenter' turned out to be a couple boxes in coloc that are now siezed for non-payment. (from another thread here)

Even if he manages to get some other sucker to give him space while his old host still has his machines in lockup, it will only be a matter of months or even week before hes locked out again.

They have gone from offering non-profit level prices to what some might call outright fraudulent offerings, such as $400 for a computer and a lifetime of coloc and bandwidth.

Seems like fraud at least to take money knowing full well in advance you will never, ever be able to provide the product you collected the money for.

Those sales are IMHO a desperate bid for cash from someone who so broke hes just saying anything that will get the suckers to cough up a few more dollars.

Question == they took my money in April...

I paid in April...besides the billing service I have yet to see an email from them.

I felt despite the endless promotions since they were located in my backyard (maine) if I got ripped I could easily take them to court.

Now they fled to Virginia?

Any ideas to get what I paid for? (was promised)

LOL - the longer he stays down, the more customers I add. I'm not gonna complain at ALL!
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03

Lightbulb hostpc

I don't know if you can promote yourself in these messageboards BUT thanks for letting me know you exist.

Small Account? Seems good to me at the year price.---or might say who can beat it?

Sure your not collecting money to move to Florida?

I wish not to bash Cyberwings. I did pay for an account in April and yet to hear anything. As aware there would be un-realistic 'sales' neverending. Most said Cyberwings was AOK so?

I could write a list of places I have bought accounts with here and its a nightmare.

The most irritating thing is it seems every time you buy an account whats next? NEVERENDING CHANGES. New server...server changes...account plan changes.Promised grandfathering that you scream about and they can't understand you. Ya know...I just want webspace thats normally 'up' and works...not to keep tuned 24/7 as to what changes I have to make to keep up to the webhosting service.

FREE is dead but options for those that just want to put up personal websites? We don't want to pay fortunes OR one simply makes the decision why pay for something we make no money on?

So...thanks for the information there is an economy place left...(unless your packing for florida...)

Re: hostpc

Originally posted by zz4
    I don't know if you can promote yourself in these messageboards BUT thanks for letting me know you exist.

So...thanks for the information there is an economy place left...(unless your packing for florida...)
    I'm truly sorry - that was just my signature line (which I've removed). Feel free to check our support forum for comments as to my business practices - and NO, I'm not moving to FL - too muggy there for me. But it is nice to visit once a year or so.

Originally posted by Dixiesys

Are you sure cwstatus isn't really the status page for Cable and Wireless ?

I am in Northern Virginia, and, as most people know, in need of a job. I have helped design data center networks for buildings larger than this...please feel free to pass on my resume, I would be happy to help them out .

You can't miss this thread ...... http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=60680
    WCSWEB.NETWORKS - 24x7 Support We're here to help anytime, day or night!
    WCSHOST.Net <- Call us (800) 590-0017 ->
    Linux based Cpanel Shared and Reseller premium Hosting with Fantastico & rvskin
    Windows based Helm Shared Premium Hosting / Remote Backup solutions

The following is a Cyberwings Press Release

The Future At Cyberwings

- July 15th, 2002 - Let me give you a bit of history, before I get too deep into this announcement. When you read this newsletter and see the amount of time & effort I have put into this announcement you will understand why this announcement was delayed for a few days while I wrote this in its entirety. Around the first part of June 2002 Cyberwings network in Maine started to experience major latency & intermittent outage issues. Going on our Maine DC Provider's recommendation that our switch was the issue, we replaced our switch at the Maine DC and the problems persisted. We contacted support for our switch and spent 3 hours reconfiguring the switch. The problems persisted. Our upstream providers were unable (or obviously unwilling) to provide extended technical assistance. As we found out with our Maine DC, during the 4-5 months we existed there, 24/7 support was not true 24/7 support and our lines were not truly redundant as we were told. Of course we had to learn these things the hard way - when lines went down and routers went haywire and we tried to reach "Support." In turn, customers of Cyberwings were just as frustrated as we were. We never once blamed our DC Provider, however, we just reported technical difficulties. Truth be told, 24/7 technical support turned out to be "Page a Technician, Pray to get a Response within 1 hour and Pray you get a Data Tech and not a Voice Tech." We lost confidence in our Maine DC support position very quickly and knew, just recently, that our Maine DC was not the place to grow Cyberwings to its full potential. As we began to make plans to consolidate our Texas servers & Maine Servers (and leave a few servers in our Maine DC for backup purposes) into a Premier Cyberwings Data Center in Virginia where our bandwidth would be 10x our capacity in Maine, where we had guaranteed in writing SLA's and where we had true 24/7 on-site technical assistance at our beck and call, our Maine DC Provider caught wind and did not like that very much. They proceeded to limit our bandwidth, terminate our access to our servers and breach our confidentiality agreement by having internal employees of their company release information throughout the internet, via email and various forum postings, as well as voice to some inquiries, which was not entirely accurate, worded in favor of their position, and certainly not the "rest of the story." As of July 15th, 2002, even though the servers in Maine are 100% company assets of Cyberwings, our Maine DC provider still continues to deny us access to retrieve our hardware. Rest assured we are preparing the proper actions in response to this hostile situation. It is Cyberwings right, by law, to retrieve assets owned by our company from our Maine DC by brute legal force if our Maine DC provider does not release them willingly. We have a choice to make, as a web hosting provider, to continue to battle with our Maine DC providers who are are comitting illegal acts by holding assets that are not owned by them, or to move on and rebuild our organization in a much better, much faster, much more high tech facility, where we are guaranteed much better service AND support than we have ever previously had. Do we sit, wait and wallow in a position we have been put in unjustly or do we bust out, rebuild bigger & better, and move on, while all the time never forgetting the lessons we have learned from this situation. As a company, Cyberwings has made the decision to do the latter - bust out, rebuild & learn our lessons, and move forward, bigger & better. We choose not to lower ourselves to anyone elses level, to take this situation with the hits that we are bound to take, and to rebuild, and move forward. With this choice comes the next choice to install 30 brand new Dual Pentium 4 1.6ghz Servers in the new Data Center in Virginia, each running with 2GB of RAM, Dual SCSI 120GB Hard Drives (for data redundancy & backup purposes - with room for a third drive in the future). We will also be installing quite a few AMD 1.8ghz servers that we had left over from our Maine DC that were never installed there. The 30 new servers and roughly 8 AMD 1.8ghz servers are in our hands right now. Some are already at our new DC and we will be posting download links shortly for everyone to test our connections, etc. These servers, along with our brand new 100MBit lines from Cogent and Dual T3 lines from AT&T & Sprint will enable us to blow the doors off the hosting industry and provide much faster & more stable hosting to our already huge customer base. While we realize that this downtime has been a huge inconvenience, for everyone involved - including Cyberwings, we also have to realize that this is our opportunity to take this beast of an organization by the horns and rebuild it in a way that fosters better & faster customer support, customer service, customer management, and customer focus. Not to mention much faster lines, premier technical support within our Data Center. All good things for you, and us, in the long run. Short term during this move & transition will be hard, no way around that. We will be working 24/7, and bringing additional staff on board, to get 100% of all customers back online as quickly as possible. You will need to upload your data & recreate your sites again, just as we will need to help you do this. We have put together a brand new set of hosting plans (with brand new specifications & pricing) as well as a VERY fair compensation plan for customers who have stuck through this incredibly hard period with us. Please read on to read about our new hosting plans (including specifications & pricing - and how this will effect old customers), to read about our new billing & customer management solution and to read about our compensation plan for Individual, AYW & Reseller Account holders. Everyone gets something, and everyone gets a very fair (generous?) amount of additional bandwidth, space, domains, and free hosting time, to help combat the past 2 weeks of issues. This newsletter will be one of the most informative newsletters you will ever receive from Cyberwings, so please, read on.

Many INDIVIDUAL Account holders questioned Cyberwings as to whether or not they could consolidate all of their INDIVIDUAL accounts into an AYW account very easily. With PLESK's limitations, the answer was no. While we knew we were going to have to rebuild our entire Maine DC in Virginia we, as a team, agreed that now is the time to allow ALL Individual Account Holders to upgrade to AYW Accounts free of charge, without penalties. Every customer who had individual accounts on our Maine DC will be given an AYW Account with the ability to recreate 100% of those domains, make changes to them, etc. whenever they wish. The prices you paid for the old individual accounts, if less than the new AYW on a yearly basis, will remain the same. If the AYW is less than the combined total of what your INDIVIDUAL accounts were, then you will receive the AYW price at your renewal. Either way we go, you will get the lowest price we have for renewal, period. All Individual to AYW conversions get 3 months of free additional hosting before renewal time.

All existing AYW accounts will get 50% more bandwidth & space within our new Virginia DC. You will be given 3 months of free additional hosting time before your renewal time, and you will also receive the lowest possible price on your renewal - whether it be your old AYW price or the new AYW price, either way, you will get the lowest price we have available for AYW's on your renewal, period. You will have the choice to be billed YEARLY or Monthly since you were all signed up under the older YEARLY pricing plans.

All existing Reseller accounts will get 50% more bandwidth & space within our new Virginia DC. You will be given 6 months of free additional hosting time before your renewal time, and you will also receive the lowest possible price on your renewal - whether it be your old Reseller price or the new Reseller price, either way, you will get the lowest price we have available for Reseller's on your renewal, period.

Lifetime & ZAPPED Account Specifics
    All Lifetime & ZAPPED Accounts - you will receive 50% more bandwidth & more space on all of your accounts when they are set back up on our new Virginia DC servers. You will receive this 50% FROM your current level - so if you had an AYW 1 Lifetime ZAP5x'd, you will get the 50% additional Space & Bandwidth from the 5x'd amount - not from your base. This goes for Lifetime AYW's & Resellers - we want to be VERY fair here and we believe this is VERY fair. Please note due to PLESK limitations we have to cap the available bandwidth at 999GB on any AYW or Reseller Account. We will handle each customer on a case by case basis, however, we will be very fair and guarantee you certain minimums to be met with these additional "freebies."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast