Question Too good to be true?

I am going to host with a company that offers 1gb space and 50gb bandwidth for $15 a month. Is there a catch?

Also, another company offers 500mb space and 30gb for $10

Is this possible? Will the server be noticeably slow?

Should I go with any of these packages?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

if its too good to be true, 99% of the time, it isn't true.

It is possible to provide 1GB Space and 50 GB bandwidth for $15 a month, on a RackShack server and still make a $15 a month profit. Which host only wants to make $15 a month, is beyond me.

It isn't impossible but you will probably find they are overselling and/or using non multi homed cogent bandwidth. Even if they are doing this and they are making profit I don't really see how they can afford to support the client.
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

maybe they dont support the client

http://www.alwayswebhosting.com - 60 GB Data Transfer for a measly monthly fee of $9.95 month. They claim they use Cisco Routers, but they are at RackShack, who uses Juniper Routers according to: http://forums.rackshack.net/showthre...hlight=juniper

Re: Too good to be true?

Originally posted by Goldfiles
    I am going to host with a company that offers 1gb space and 50gb bandwidth for $15 a month. Is there a catch?
    The only way to find out is to see if they really do let you use what you need.

Also, another company offers 500mb space and 30gb for $10

Is this possible? Will the server be noticeably slow?
    Sure it's possible. Anyone can offer anything they want. Will they make money offering that? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on many factors. Will the server be noticeably slow? Depends on how much their customers use and how many customers are on one server.

Should I go with any of these packages?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    That's for you to decide. Search for information about the companies you're interested in and see if other customers are satisfied.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

That offer could be good.. If you plan on utilizing the whole bandwidth and have a mission critical site I would say its worth spending the extra money somewhere else. If its just for a personal site or something just keep a daily backup and give it a shot.

Ya, it's sort of a personal site (goldfiles.com) but it is booming with thousands upon thousand of page views a day. Is there any way to make money of of it?

You can sell advertising to people that want to ad thier software, or hey, even hosting companies

Ya, it's sort of a personal site (goldfiles.com) but it is booming with thousands upon thousand of page views a day. Is there any way to make money of of it?
    If you really get that many hits, you can get advertisers, and make them pay you, say $5 for every 1,000 people that view their advertisement.

If they say they can offer it, lets assume they can offer it.

But the better question is, does it put them in a position to be around for a long time?
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

I agree with dandanfirema. But who pays $5 for 1000 impressions anymore?

I agree with dandanfirema. But who pays $5 for 1000 impressions anymore?
    Well if you can get targeted advertising for a specific company that deals with the same thing(s) your site does, you might be able to find one...

Well, do they offer a money-back guarantee, a trial period of some kind? If so, you couldn't lose going with them because if they're terrible, just leave and get your money back.