Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

list of open source blogs (FREE blogs)

web design - web hosting - Seo
    http://www.casitecenter.com

sBlog is powering spray.se's blog-service "Spray Blogg", so it works well in shared blog-environments too.

Of course, wordpress has it's "MU"-port which does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    sBlog is powering spray.se's blog-service "Spray Blogg", so it works well in shared blog-environments too.

Of course, wordpress has it's "MU"-port which does the same.

thanks for your note
    best regards
    web design - web hosting - Seo
    http://www.casitecenter.com

You're welcome.

plz all above used by spammer's

The Free ones will always be a problem creators.

whats problem with the free ones ? can anyone tell me more
    █ *Fudevs* ★ Future Developers ★
    http://www.orkanza.com ★ Technology is art of Marketing ★
    █ 99.9% Customer Satisfaction - Money Back Guarantee - All time Support

Quote Originally Posted by markov View Post
    The Free ones will always be a problem creators.
    What do you mean? Open source software is always giving the users problems? I don't see your logic here, though on the other hand you may just have posted a flamebait.

Casitecenter, thanks for your share Good list,

To chime in in your discussion - free blogs are not used only by spammers at all, and what is more - they work great but only in skillful hands.

Open source software is usually much more accesible for the crowd. That means if a bug is found it's reported and before you can say 'booyakasha' it's solved. Beat that, Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    Open source software is usually much more accesible for the crowd. That means if a bug is found it's reported and before you can say 'booyakasha' it's solved. Beat that, Microsoft.
    I agree, I am using both Linux and Microsoft for my daily computer usage - and I have more faith in the security of my Linux box than on my laptop running Windows XP.

That's true...... If you update your software every single time there's a patch released. Unfortunately 99.999999999% of people do not. That's why PHPBB is such a disaster. the software is fine. but nobody upgrades when they patch.

one of the caveats of open source software is the script writers (hackers) have the source too
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Quote Originally Posted by fastnoc View Post
    That's true...... If you update your software every single time there's a patch released. Unfortunately 99.999999999% of people do not. That's why PHPBB is such a disaster. the software is fine. but nobody upgrades when they patch.

one of the caveats of open source software is the script writers (hackers) have the source too
    You do have a valid point here, though for the "common folk" I think one click installs + some basic knowledge on what they are actually installing for their website would solve the above.

phpBB is quite a mess when it comes to releasing updates more often than you can say "where's waldo"

Quote Originally Posted by fastnoc View Post

You hit the nail on the head, Fastnoc (not the first time I'm saying that)
    The root from which, I am certain, most of the troubles of open source softs, emerge.

Amalia

excellent info

For me, phBB isn't just bad because of the upgrades, but I won't get into that.

That's true...... If you update your software every single time there's a patch released. Unfortunately 99.999999999% of people do not.
    That's why script-God invented the auto-updater. For example: Firefox automatically updates when a new version is released. You can cancel the update initially, but it will install before next boot. If only this was true with webapps, but that's not possible at this very moment. It would be nice though!

Your auto update trick is fantastic. This way much issues related security will be resolved automatically. People suffer because they don't pay attention at right time.

With regards,
    Mandar Thosar

Nice, cheers man!

That's why script-God invented the auto-updater. For example: Firefox automatically updates when a new version is released. You can cancel the update initially, but it will install before next boot. If only this was true with webapps, but that's not possible at this very moment. It would be nice though!

And if you use that, you cannot hack your forum or put any custom code in it. Not to mention that immediately updating because there's a new patch out is another great way to have your sites go down. no testing = bad idea.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

I'm of the view that hosting a blog should be on our side instead of using the free hosting provided by wordpress. I came to this opinion because one of my blog was suspended without any notice after gaining a PR4. I was regularly updating the blog and one day i was shocked to see that i could not login .

And if you use that, you cannot hack your forum or put any custom code in it. Not to mention that immediately updating because there's a new patch out is another great way to have your sites go down. no testing = bad idea.
    Ofcourse you can, you can also customize Firefox to the max with all themes and addons you like? That's just separated from the constantly updated core, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by markov View Post
    I'm of the view that hosting a blog should be on our side instead of using the free hosting provided by wordpress. I came to this opinion because one of my blog was suspended without any notice after gaining a PR4. I was regularly updating the blog and one day i was shocked to see that i could not login .
    That is the provider's fault - not the software's.

Subtext, an awesome .net (free) blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast