Artificial Intelligence

Alice won the Loebner Prize in 2000 and 2001. You can chat with her at the site, I found her a little confusing ... maybe I expected a bit much. Her creator is an interesting guy.

Hahahaha... I've been 'chatting' with ALICE for a little bit now... and somehow it got to the point where i asked "Do you want to hurt me?" And it responded with, "It was my original intent."

WTF??? The darn thing wants to hurt me!

I've been talking with "her" for about 20 minutes now. Sometimes she is amazing... if you go back to the site and type in a different name she will correct you and, if you ask, explain how she knew who you were. Alice is more impressive than i, at first, thought.

very interesting thing alice is.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed. What was that AIM-based bot someone posted a while back? I still have it on a machine at home, but I'm at the office and can't remember. Anyway, its conversational skills are way beyond those of ALICE. You could banter with that thing and almost everything it would say would make sense. ALICE spouts nonsense. ALICE comprehends little. ALICE, by the way, didn't know what that last sentence meant when I said it.

I wanted intellectual stimulation! Now I'm going to have to go talk to my cow orkers instead!
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

The first conversation i had with ALICE was very disappointing. However, the second one was very interesting. Transcripts from the Loebner Prize contests are quite interesting as well. AI is a long way from the $100, 000.00 top prize, convincing a judge that it is human.

I downloaded the php version of it and was very amused by it... The thing actually threw some of my previous respones back at me...

It actually followed my conversation for the most part, but it did get a little confused with some things I said to it.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

Originally posted by Rotifer
    AI is a long way from the $100, 000.00 top prize, convincing a judge that it is human.
    By the way, anyone interested in the philosophical implications of this kind of stuff (as well as anyone interested in challenging literature in general) should read Galatea 2.2 by Richard Powers. Of course, anyone who reads should probably read everything by Richard Powers, but Galatea is a good place to start.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Looks like an interesting book , I'll have to read it.

hahaha... just for kicks... I started chatting with ALICE about Microsoft and Bill Gates. Here's what happend when I asked "Are you going to hurt Bill Gates?"

Her response... "That was my original intention"

hahaha... I'm not a MS hater but that is pretty funny.

11. Reminds me of the movie AI.

I wish I have a AI-enabled robot to help me manage servers. ;-)
    Real datacenter operators tend to get lazy at times, may even fall asleep during work, a robot will not.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

That stinks. I have seen a better one but can't remember the name.
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

Call it stupid.
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>