Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FDCServer speed

FDCServer speed

Anyone else with FDCServer slow connection problem ?

My downstream is less than 10Kbytes/sec

Is this just my box ? (I am sure it's not my ISP coz I checked in other places)

NO! It's not just your box.
    Mine is too, and so is everyone's at FDC.
    They suck, which is why I'm moving elsewhere asap.
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

Well, they must have another round of DOS attack again.

I just signed up with FastServers.net
    Waiting to get my box.

Will tell you guys know once I got my box.

.:efCon::.

Are you on 'cheap old box' ? or $99 box ?

99 ofcourse!!!!
    What the hell were you thinking??
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

oh sorry, coz I am on the 'cheap old box'

and I though it's just my box because I paid less that everyone else.

yea i can't hit fdc either thats why i came here

hopefully they'll be back up soon so we can get back to doin what we do

I never had a FDCserver before. But could it be that their network is saturated.

The people I host have been complaining about bad speeds on my FDC server all day. It can sometimes be slow, but today apparently it has been far far worse than usual.

even thier site is slow

the line may be saturated or they may be getting dos'd they may even be adding the 2 new 100mbit lines

we'll just have to wait to see what they say

well they must be doing something(or something has happened) as my site is down,i must admit this is getting very annoying

http://www.united-realms.com still not working

They allow shell servers without themselves having any form of firewalling. Thats more than likely 99% of the concern.

I dont mind FDCservers, Petr is usually nice - the service can be quite good. But if you are going to allow services which are prone to attack you should put them on a protected network or firewall their complete network.

FDCservers are not here to upset the marketplace, they are just here to offer cheap bandwidth and quality componant servers to make a few quick bucks.

You should already know that if you are spending $99 a month and expecting to do alot of bandwidth and/or running your business from such a company - then you are asking for trouble.

Another good 2 hours of outage from FDCServer last night and angry emails from my customer....

Man...Why did that only happen when I was in bed.... ALWAYS...

KC.

Is there data center or network is mature enough to handle such kind of DOS attacks.

I remember the days when burst have same kind of situation and now they have pretty good control on it (I guess).

You have to go through it and help them out to resolve such situations in future and not bash them because the deal you are getting from them is amazing.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Originally posted by k6cheung
    Another good 2 hours of outage from FDCServer last night and angry emails from my customer....

Man...Why did that only happen when I was in bed.... ALWAYS...

KC.
    Same here. For some strange reason my server's unreachable ALWAYS when I'm sleeping.
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

Well, I've asked Petr to explain the situtation as I have a few people p*ssed off at me about the speeds and downtime and I don't blame them.

Also my XP 1700+ system is showing this now:

Processor #1 Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Processor #1 Name: AMD Duron(tm) Processor
    Processor #1 speed: 995.569 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 64 KB

Told them about it 3 days ago and they still haven't done anything about it.

If they keep up they current level of tech support I'm affraid I'll be cancelling my server. I may have 4 months to go on a 6 month prepayment, but their services have been awfull lately. Anybody happen to know whether I would get these 4 months refunded?

Check their AUP/TOS. Maybe it says something about refunds.
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

OK, I had them install CPanel a few days ago and I just found out that the tech that installed it didn't install it correctly + misconfigured mySQL and PHP. One of the people I host on the server had a friend of his who is a tech look at it and this tech came to these conclusions. I've asked him to put his conclusions into an email so I can forward it to Petr.

Man, I'm really disappointed now.

And TOS seem to say I get a refund for unused months, but that wouldn't get the money I payed for hardware upgrades back

Originally posted by Tazzman
    Well, I've asked Petr to explain the situtation as I have a few people p*ssed off at me about the speeds and downtime and I don't blame them.

Also my XP 1700+ system is showing this now:

Processor #1 Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Processor #1 Name: AMD Duron(tm) Processor
    Processor #1 speed: 995.569 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 64 KB

Told them about it 3 days ago and they still haven't done anything about it.

If they keep up they current level of tech support I'm affraid I'll be cancelling my server. I may have 4 months to go on a 6 month prepayment, but their services have been awfull lately. Anybody happen to know whether I would get these 4 months refunded?
    Tazzman, its quite common for the XP 1700+ processors to be clocked at 995MHz, all you need to do is get FDC to change the clock speed on the motherboard, and that should fix that issue.

BUT... looking at what you have above, you dont even have a XP processor, as it says DURON, thats bad.

It should have the below.

model name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+
    cpu MHz : 1466.443

Imran
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

As stated, I contacted Petr about this 3 days ago and he still hasn't fixed it. Yes, it looks like there's a Duron in there and that I may have payed for an upgrade to an XP 1700+ I never got. I never really checked before as I trusted Petr to keep his word, but now he's gone and done it.

As stated, I contacted Petr about this 3 days ago and he still hasn't fixed it. Yes, it looks like there's a Duron in there and that I may have payed for an upgrade to an XP 1700+ I never got. I never really checked before as I trusted Petr to keep his word, but now he's gone and done it.
    mike is taking a look @ tha server now m8

How do you know that?
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

Originally posted by .:efCon::.
    How do you know that?
    cuz i have just been talking to him,he`s a good m8 of mine & tazzman it is an amd duron processor,youare being ripped off

Well, I've gotten Petr so far as to confirm there's a Duron in there. He'll be putting my XP in on Friday or Monday. He's also willing to look into the speed issue if I can supply some speed test info to confirm it's going slow. Looks like I'm making some progress.

Well, I've gotten Petr so far as to confirm there's a Duron in there. He'll be putting my XP in on Friday or Monday. He's also willing to look into the speed issue if I can supply some speed test info to confirm it's going slow. Looks like I'm making some progress.
    yes some progress but not much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast