Thread: Rude designer

Rude designer

I know this doesn't have much to do with webhosting however felt this should be posted. I recently contacted frodo baggins about a design. After about a few weeks of nothing i decided to go else where. Then i finally got an email, I told him I was no longer intrested and my honest opinions about the design. He then emailed me saying "Your design sucks, mine is so much better" which is totally untrue. I then emailed him of a test url for our new design. Here is what he had to say
    "
    whos designing that for you as you asked me to make something like that and
    gave me the image so i guess your paying someone loads to do it cause you
    can't do it yourself.
    anyway i wouldn't want to make a site for a company like you that have very
    bad reviews from customers etc one site that proves this is
    www.webhostingtalk.com main forum which i came across and i agree like what
    1 guy said you are a joke company
    dave
    "
    Again totally untrue as we have no bad reviews on WHT. I would like to warn everyone about this rude designer.

that guy was totally rude.

I thought Frodo was in Lord of the Rings

Immature.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

look like another pre-teen thats trying to start a little company and you made him mad

Like, totally

Originally posted by whw
    look like another pre-teen thats trying to start a little company and you made him mad
    wahaha exactly my thought when reading his emails

Quite, if you are trying to promote yourself as a web designer you should be professional to clients at all time (regardless of whether you've parted company or not... it's the decent thing to do).

Originally posted by Rich2k
    Quite, if you are trying to promote yourself as a web designer you should be professional to clients at all time (regardless of whether you've parted company or not... it's the decent thing to do).
    not just designers but any compnay for that matter!

Re: Designers

Well, the one good designer I know is Shadowness, from shadowness.com. I have heard many good things about their designing. just a little tid bit for you all.
    Bryan,
    [Website in the works of being transferred...]

I don't mean to steer this thread in another direction, but after checking out whw's site I noticed a strong resemblance to HostRocket's site. I would hope they have the same designer, but I didn't see pixelbrick's name on wsw. If pixelbrick did design both, ignore me.

Probably should have posted this as a new thread. Sorry Chicken

What a nice guy. LOL, he acted like an ass.

Originally posted by whw

:lol:
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

A pre-teen with a "craXored" version of dreamweaver, flash, photoshop, etc

I agree, that was no way to treat a possible customer. It sets a bad feeling toward his work, and his company. Who is this guy, so I can avoid him.?
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

Hey, that describes me!

Actually, I only do web sites for my school or non-profits.

Haven't yet approached clients for pay.

How did WHW find the guy? <--the REAL question
    ( not elance.com probably)

User on board:frododesigns

I should mentioned our new designer, Christy Craig. Excellent designer with awsome designs. I would post what he did for us, however id get some BS spam so id rather not. I will get his url again tomorrow and post it here. I am extremly pleased and think people who work hard should suceed. I believe hosting and designing is the same deal. People in it for the idea of hosting and work hard will establish a great company, however there will always be 10 year old frontpage or geociteies site admin user trying to steal customers from people who work hard, offering deals like $10.00 for complete design or $10 unlim hosting yearly. Some people will fall for these offers and ruin the buiessness.
    Patrick Schrader

Originally posted by webhappy
    Hey, that describes me!

Actually, I only do web sites for my school or non-profits.

Haven't yet approached clients for pay.

How did WHW find the guy? <--the REAL question
    ( not elance.com probably)
    how did i find what guy?

I can't berlieve this guy, he had his friend wrtie a false report about my company. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=59475
    You work so hard for people to trust you and then some ammature trys to take it all away.
    Patrick Schrader

Email he sent.
    "hi your right i am a bit annoyed spending a long time making a site for
    someone who doesn't want it and already has someone making it at the same
    time of asking me. And then to say that it was ripped i guess you mean
    copied is an insult you tell me where i copied it from then if your so sure
    wheres your prove.
    and about your bad review that was found
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=59475 and also i
    did a search on g-hosting on webhostingtalk and no other threads were found
    i guess that says how big and successful your company are
    dave"

That thread was removed.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Re: Rude designer

Originally posted by Global-Host2
    I know this doesn't have much to do with webhosting however felt this should be posted. I recently contacted frodo baggins about a design. After about a few weeks of nothing i decided to go else where. Then i finally got an email, I told him I was no longer intrested and my honest opinions about the design. He then emailed me saying "Your design sucks, mine is so much better" which is totally untrue. I then emailed him of a test url for our new design. Here is what he had to say
    "
    whos designing that for you as you asked me to make something like that and
    gave me the image so i guess your paying someone loads to do it cause you
    can't do it yourself.
    anyway i wouldn't want to make a site for a company like you that have very
    bad reviews from customers etc one site that proves this is
    www.webhostingtalk.com main forum which i came across and i agree like what
    1 guy said you are a joke company
    dave
    "
    Again totally untrue as we have no bad reviews on WHT. I would like to warn everyone about this rude designer.
    Just realised .... "frodo baggins".... was he the hobbit?!

Urgh - that was completely immature

lol yep a little kid. When was still a little kid i would act like that too. If i made a craft and the teacher would hang up someone elses i woudl get upset and pretty much say what he said. You know i make webdesigns for people and i just recently spent lots of time on one design that ended up not being used by them. Instead of yelling at t hem i just said okay...and the thing is if you really are a good designer then you can just turn around and change a few psd files and a few flash files and af ew names and you got that design for anotehr website. Often most of my sites are done this way. I made the design that didnt get used and yet i was able to modify it to work for anotehr design. I think if hes so mighty and thinks his design is better htan your current he should come here and put it up to vote. Id like to vote on it. I tell the truth..im a critic and if i think one is better than the other i will tell you the truth. Get that little kid to put it up here and tell his mommy to get him tissues for when he crys on what we really think.

That was my 2 cents

Re: Rude designer

Originally posted by Global-Host2
    I know this doesn't have much to do with webhosting however felt this should be posted. I recently contacted frodo baggins about a design.
    Never hire a hobbit to do a web designer's work.

They spend way too much time eating, between breakfast, second breakfast and elevenses, lunch, tea, supper, dinner, and their midnight snack, they have no time to work on your site.
    http://forums.webhostdir.com/
    All your hosts are belong to us

OK, is no-one concerned about this kid's use of a false name? Because I will eat my RaQ3 if his name is really Frodo Baggins.

Not defending the kid or anything, but I have to wonder what your e-mail including your "honest opinions" about the design looked like. I can only imagine a rude, deprecating, and unnecessary e-mail. Why not just say, "No thanks, didn't hear from you so I contracted elsewhere"?

Originally posted by porcupine
    Oh i think people are concerned, but it's one of those "what are you gonna do about it" things.
    Two words: Black Riders

Where are the ring wraiths when you really need them.
    http://forums.webhostdir.com/
    All your hosts are belong to us

lol yep a little kid. When was still a little kid i would act like that too. If i made a craft and the teacher would hang up someone elses i woudl get upset and pretty much say what he said. You know i make webdesigns for people and i just recently spent lots of time on one design that ended up not being used by them. Instead of yelling at t hem i just said okay...and the thing is if you really are a good designer then you can just turn around and change a few psd files and a few flash files and af ew names and you got that design for anotehr website. Often most of my sites are done this way. I made the design that didnt get used and yet i was able to modify it to work for anotehr design. I think if hes so mighty and thinks his design is better htan your current he should come here and put it up to vote. Id like to vote on it. I tell the truth..im a critic and if i think one is better than the other i will tell you the truth. Get that little kid to put it up here and tell his mommy to get him tissues for when he crys on what we really think.

That was my 2 cents
    This is very true. I always save designs that customers hate. You never know when another customer will come along and will love it.

WOOT! im not the only one that does it LOL.