Thread: Dialtone??

Dialtone??

anybody ever notice how many hidden charges are not disclosed by their sales staff?

or how difficult it can be to get a straight answer??

hmmm..

I have two servers at Dialtone and haven't been hit by any hidden charges. Can you elaborate please?

I noticed that too... But I said no to all the upgrades. Technically it's not a hidden charge they just want to make as much money as they possibly can.

Have you ever got your car's oil changed they advertise it for like 19.99 but then they try to upsell you on everything. They even show you examples of all your fluids saying this color isn't good you want us to replace this too. Before you know it a 19.99$ oil change becomes an engine rebuild !!

If you read around the famous dialtone quote is when your hard drive crashes, they want to sell you backups

I have used them for over a year, a few hard drive crashes, they upheld the TOS, but it still wasnt enough.

hidden charges are not disclosed by their sales staff?
    WHAT?!?!

You mean there are sales people in the hosting industry that don't tell the complete truth?

I'm shocked!

Sounds like the next Worldcom or Enron to me...

I havent been hit with any hidden charges yet

Same here ntwaddel, but I'm new with them.

I'v also known people who have had DialTone servers for 3 years - good support and good sales people to

yeah, one of my friends has been with them for about 3-4 years, and he has never had any complaints. Their a lil vague sometimes, maybe not the best for a n00b, but i think they are the best setup by far.

Originally posted by ntwaddel
    yeah, one of my friends has been with them for about 3-4 years, and he has never had any complaints. Their a lil vague sometimes, maybe not the best for a n00b, but i think they are the best setup by far.
    They have a great network but it stops there. The stories I could tell you would blow your mind. I can't tell you how many times we had to tell their techs what we wanted done "word for word" when we couldnt access a machine remotely and it still got messed up. Hell.... a few others on this board, some well known , can verify some of those experiences. You know its bad when you find yourself writing managers and escalation notices to the point where you add them to your address book.

Need a managed server or two then you *might* be ok. Im glad we dont need to rely on those guys for anything other than when we cant access a machine remotely. I think we are the reason DI finally gave up trying to offer colocation services
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com