Thread: ZioSystems

ZioSystems

For those of us who follow digg.com

you've probably read the frontpage story about ZioSystems posting on GideonTech forums "How not to conduct forum advertising"

I'd like to open the discussion here that ZioSystem is a fraudulent company based in Kentucky. The CEO is a proven Bi-polar and is not to be trusted.

-> He has a 2 page spread in PC World (page 16 I think?) Nobody knows how he paid for it. There are several customers that have not received anything from him. His claimed "server farm" of his hosting department is located on a 3rdparty datacentre that only resells to him.

forums.gideontech.com/index.php/topic,34476.0.html

Sorry moderators, I'm not allowed to post links yet, but this post needs its source.

Regards,

This probably belongs more in the Lounge. It's an interesting thread for those that have followed it so far. Some of his quotes are just priceless. Scary to think he actually come up with enough money to put full 2 page ads out there.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Sorry if this is the wrong topic to post under.

Priceless. I've been posting a little as "jlindenbaum" there.

Don't forget. "My Marketing Efforts Will Dominate Your Face"

I am working together with UniversityFiber right now to launch a project similar to the summary of events that Gideon is posting on the website. Only this project will incorporate a larger scale business rating system. (Yes it's been done before, but still... )

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V
    This probably belongs more in the Lounge.
    Moved.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

I only made it to the second page of the thread. Ridiculous. Zio sounds like he has completely lost his mind, and I must say that half of what he says is outright hilarious.

"I have 75 million dollars worth of farm land"

"I slept on the warehouse floor of my server farm last night, haven't seen a bed in 6 days"

These two quotes shouldn't ever be said.. by anyone.. ever.

It gets better. He reposts under the names "ESpeed" and later "Ubuntu". The contradictions in this thread by him are numerous and amazing. Later he claims to "hate money" but then talks about having 20 million in the bank. And how this was all part of some master plan or marketing experiment. And how he's written his own Linux distro that runs Windows games (Wine anyone?) and that Mac OS is FreeBSD stripped down. Then his former girlfriends start posting and we see what a misogynist he is. Then the thread gets fun

At least his website remains offline for now although he's promised to re-launch April 6th. Given that he apparently has yet to deliver a laptop it's scary to think how many customers could be taken. PC World and the other magazines have readerships that are quite high. The ratings for the company that WERE on ResellerRatings.com that were positive were obviously written by him and somebody petitioned to have them taken down.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.