Thread: Ensim Problems?

Thumbs down Ensim Problems?

We recently bought an Ensim Webppliance and it's been continuously ERR-ing and causing hiccups in with my billing/accounting programs.

Anyone else having problems? If so, did you fix self (seems to be a deep-rooted problem)?

- About to rip hair out in D.C.

I had constant problems with it like apache and mySQL freezes after I upgraded to LS 3.1. At one stage some of the mySQL databases mysteriously got kurupted. Luckely I was able to fix all but one.

Did I solve the issues?

Yes, I told the datacenter to restore the OS and put CPanel on. All my worries are over

Well, not exactly, but I must say CPanel is soooooo much more flexible than Ensim, even if php wasn't installed right when I logged into my server after they installed CPanel.

Originally posted by Tazzman
    [B]I had constant problems with it like apache and mySQL freezes after I upgraded to LS 3.1. At one stage some of the mySQL databases mysteriously got kurupted. Luckely I was able to fix all but one.
    Ummmmmmmmm........... I doubt you would of had any problems after the upgraded if you waited till the OFFICIAL upgrade for <=3.0 to 3.1.1 came out. Ensim specifically said do not upgrade to 3.1 until they release the 3.1.1 upgrade which is not out yet!

I am using ensim on one server and have no problems with it, there is some things which it lacks but it can be over come. For example auto backups, i just created a script to auto backup all sites and mysql db's every night...

Cool

I manage an Ensim 3.1 box, and a 3.0 box. Both are fine.

All I know is that if you plan to switch several hundred customers on ensim from one server to another, may heaven help you!
    i beat the internet. the end guy is hard

MadSkillage,
    I've been through that procedure!

It took two weeks to have -almost- everything correctly patched...
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Yeah...I feel like we deserve medals or something
    i beat the internet. the end guy is hard

I agree, i think the backup service should actually back up user data, like account info.
    Patrick Schrader

Can you transfer 3.0 accts to a 3.1 server using the backup appliance (i.e. uploading a 3.0 backup file to a 3.1 server)? I heard you couldn't, but haven't really received a straight answer yet.

I have 100+ clients on one server right now and would like to move them from a 3.0 to a 3.1 server (hard to explain why I don't just upgrade with 3.1.1.)

jt
    http://myrmid.com
    Affordable hosting for people who need lots of space and bandwidth. Personal plans available as well.

I moved a couple hundred from a 3.0 to 3.1 box. Everything went fine except for the webmail. Then all I had to do was delete the squirrelmail folders in a shell and then use the cp to install the newer version of squirrelmail.

I don't even want to do that again.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: [email protected] | e-mail

Originally posted by johnallen
    I moved a couple hundred from a 3.0 to 3.1 box. Everything went fine except for the webmail. Then all I had to do was delete the squirrelmail folders in a shell and then use the cp to install the newer version of squirrelmail.

I don't even want to do that again.
    How did you move the admin passwords? Since it is oneway encryption there should not have been a way to transfer 3.0 passwords for admins to 3.1 passwords. You would of had to manaully reset passwords. User passwords are not encrypted the same, so those are easy.

Your right. I had to reset the passwords. I don't ever want to do that again. But I had to. I was paying alot for very little.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: [email protected] | e-mail