Feedback about this company

Hello,

Can I get some feedback about this company....anyone heard anything about them?

http://www.agorahosting.com/

Thanks,
    Mahesh

Well it says unlimited!

That about says it all unless you personally have seen a unlimited hard drive somewhere.

RUN from anyone offering you unlimited space and transfer.

Unlimited? Unlimited?

This is what I think of unlimited:

Thumbs down

Unlimited disk space
    Unlimited email accounts
    Unlimited data transfer
    Windows 2000 platform
    Free setup

$2.95 a month

Muhahaha..... Now I wipe my eyes dry

Oh Ohhh....
    http://dynastyhost.com -Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST

They look like Fasthost resellers, they have taken the terms and server hardware text from the http://fasthost.co.uk site.

I like this....
    ====================================
    UNLIMITED USE POLICY
    High bandwidth usage: Agora Hosting offers an unlimited use policy by maintaining very large ratios of bandwidth per customer. In rare cases, Agora Hosting may find a customer to be using server resources to such an extent that he or she may jeopardize server performance and resources for other customers. In such instances, Agora Hosting reserves the right to impose the High Resource User Policy for the consideration of all customers.

HIGH RESOURCE USER POLICY
    Resources are defined as bandwidth and/or processor utilization.

====================================

So much for unlimited bandwidth, so why advertise it

So Paul your suggest is?

DONT GET IT! is what he is suggesting.
    Regards,
    Santiago Yajan Cruz
    -----------------------------------------------
    [://Insert ancient Chinese saying here ...]

Originally posted by webpromo
    ok what about the http://fasthost.co.uk ??
    same story as above...
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Simply search this site for "fasthosts" and see what comes up and also visit: www.unlimband.com
    ok what about the http://fasthost.co.uk ??
    That should answer a few questions

Taken from there site:
    Personal Control Panel $19.95/year

Mahesh bhai, Id recommend you look elsewhere.

So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

I think the general consensus is that you should look elsewhere for your hosting needs. No one should/can offer unlimited bandwidth therefore anyone who does is not telling the truth. So the thought is, that anyone who does, must have something to hide.
    Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans with the IceIsHot.com Web Hosting Comparison.

You would be better off going with a company that has a supportable business plan.

Since they don't offer unlimited space hard drives or unlimited bandwidth network connections or unlimited work employees, it is really difficult to offer unlimited quantites of resources that cost real dollars.

It seems that many unlimited hosts actually do have a maximum limit. Or they just terminate the accounts that get too busy.

I wish you luck in your search for a reliable host.

<<EDIT: Signature removed so I could post without it looking like a plug for my company>>
    Last edited by dandanfirema; 07-09-2002 at 11:04 AM.

Nice plug!
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack