Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Apology to everyone......

I owe an apology to MattewWhite, a while back we were hosting a site for his cousin, that at the time we thought it was the site causing major havok and causing the CPU to spike to 100% and shut the server down. We were wrong in that assumption and later have found out we had a bad server online, and we wrongfully terminated the account for such. This was wrong on Node's part, and we admit responsibility of such. This was the root of all anger between us that has disrespected the WHT Forum and we have both come to agreements that will end this rivalry between us.

We also apologize to him as we did not refund the monies that he had due to him in refund for overage that he paid in. We promised to send it, and my staff never sent the money to him. At this point we have cleared this up and compensated him for this mistake beyond just a simple refund. This was another part of the problems that started on this board, of which I was defending so ademently because I trusted my staff to be honest with me as to what was going on, and they were not. I am at this point openly stating Nodehosting screwed up and did not do what it was supposed to do to take care of the customer.
      0 Not allowed!

Apologies are great, thanks for acting up, and making a public announcement. That makes a good host.
    -Kyle Reilly
    http://www.kylecool.com - My Website
    http://kylereilly.com -KyleReilly.COM :: MY WEBSITE
      0 Not allowed!

Those who have not Sined Cast the first Stone!

All is good

Kind regards
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

First of all frank, Its hard to see hostmasters end up doing what you just did so I will give you respect for that. Secondly, I hope what I did didn't mess up your reputation even though I had plans to do more but I understood the situation you was in and im a young entrepreneur I might make the same mistake in the future. The reason I was going to do the things I was going to do is because, I am tired of unfair host or fraud business, Not stating your business is fake but after getting screwed from instantwebsitedesign.net and hostonce.com, I said to my self the next host that tried to screw up any of my projects I will take them to a distance as far as I can. The main reason I was really pissed off was because your staff members lied to me or kept fooling me around telling me they are going send me my money. For about 4 months i was sending emails but no reply so all of that pisses me off. Other things that was done to me ( don't really matters anymore ) also pisses me off)

But again good this is over with and please try to do some of the stuff that I said on the email I sent to you about your business and good luck with it. You was a nice hostmaster from the start and I wish I would have continue with you but since you are back to normal ( hopefully you get some new staff, then maybe I migth do business with you in the future since all this trouble was not caused by you but by your staff members )

Matt.
      0 Not allowed!

Matt,

Thank you for your comments, and yes, I am getting new staff. There is only one person staying on staff that was there prior and that is a lonely designer that does good work. The technical and support staff that was not doing what they should, and putting off our customers like they were a piece of meat, they are gone.

Regardless if we ever get your business back, I agree on what we talked about, and with the next round of staff and changes, things are going to be the way they were designed way back when this company was on paper. Node screwed up, regardless of who it was, me or my staff, it was Node that played games. I will not let it happen again to you, current customers, or future customers.

Once again, to everyone on WHT, I am sorry that you all had to see the war that took place here on this fourm. Hopefully it is in the past, and with the new staff, it will never have to happen again.
      0 Not allowed!

Now lets all hug and kiss and make up for all the fighting LOL. Its nice to see ppl getting along. I was getting tired of all the bad talk that ppl were giving node. I personally have found node's servers pretty nice. well good job frank on admiting you were i the wrong...i knwo thats hard for people to do so good job i aplaud you for it.

(BTW frank you know who this is....just look at my screen name and think a little lol)
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, very nice apology and thread, I like it. I wish more people were like this.
    -Kyle Reilly
      0 Not allowed!

Isn't it wonderful when we all get along?

0 Not allowed!

good to know the other side of u frank and good luck with your business and I hope your son doing ok now.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Choppy
    Those who have not Sined Cast the first Stone!
    What's "Sined" It sounds painful.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Hey, now this is cool. Kudos to NodeHost!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by cedwards
    Now lets all hug and kiss and make up for all the fighting LOL.
    LOL, I think we need to do this.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mathewWhite
    ...I hope what I did didn't mess up your reputation even though I had plans to do more
    Originally posted by mathewWhite
    ...good luck with your business and I hope your son doing ok now.

Sorry....it caught my attention.

Good luck NodeHost!
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com
      0 Not allowed!

I wanna say sorry too....

...not sure what for though
      0 Not allowed!

I've briefly read about the problems mentioned in this thread and reading this reminds me of one of the most common phrases to be read on this forum:
    its how a host handles problems that matters
    Seeing hosts hold their hands up and admit mistakes is great to see (if you know what I mean) because it shows that they are taking responsibility and not trying to worm their way out of it and therefore handling problems honestly and excellently.

I don't know you and have never dealt with you but I can say that I wouldn't have a problem dealing with you in the future after seeing the way this has turned out as it is obvious you are concerned about your clients and the service they receive.

Thumbs up m8
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?
      0 Not allowed!

Whomever reads this thread should feel calm and seren by the time they are done.

....and they lived happily ever after - THE END!
    Regards,
    Santiago Yajan Cruz
    -----------------------------------------------
    [://Insert ancient Chinese saying here ...]
      0 Not allowed!

*crys* Im so so sorry node host too. Its all my fault *grabs a tissue and blows nose* im very sorry. It wont happen again *wipes tears*... *wonders why hes appologizing...gues it seemed apropriate since eveyrone else is LOL*
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down This guy is a big act -

Dont' take this guy (Frank Arena) from Nodehost, and his apology, seriously. He still owes us and our programmer $20 for the work he got done. When no one else was doing his work and he wanted it done, he got it done and then never paid.

Frank, if you are reading this - reply.
      0 Not allowed!

20bucks, big deal. lol And, there are always 2 sides to a story.
    -Kyle Reilly
      0 Not allowed!

20bucks, big deal. lol And, there are always 2 sides to a story.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? Big deal? It takes time and hard work to earn $20 bucks. I don't know if you are millionaire but for us and the programmer who did the work it is big deal, indeed. It would be a big deal also if it were you and until then if it is someone else then, who cares - it's no big deal?

What is the other story? Don't make stupid comments please. If you want to know the other story, may be Frank will reply tell his story and why he would not pay. Here is the other story - read what the programmer (zoltrix) said, http://rfq.programmingbids.com/cgi-b...cgi?w=nodehost

Of course, the story is - just like he posted in his first message "he promised" to pay us and the programmer and never did and you can see that the programmer did the work and Frank from nodehost gave him a rating of 10 and A+++ and then wouldn't pay. http://rfq.programmingbids.com/cgi-b....cgi?p=zoltrix
    That is the story.
    Last edited by Gurudev; 07-09-2002 at 02:20 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

As I told you, I paid $30 and not the other $20 for reasons:

1) This was for a customer, and when I saw it was installed, I was happy. At this point I posted positive comments. If I could of changed the comments I would have, but your site does not allow this to happen. I no nothing about this software and this was a customer request as they wanted it.

2) Only about 50% of the software worked with its features. When I told the programmer of this, they stated "must be the software, not my problem". The whole idea of contracting it out was to have it installed and fully functional.

I paid the $30, and did not pay the other $20 as that was 1/2 of the job (just a little over) and that is what he did. Only got about 1/2 of it working. Plus the programmer - in my bid, it said "to be done via PC Anywhere". When he came back after accepting the bid, he had to have us install other remote software becuase he did not have PC Anywhere. There was alot wrong with this installation, and $20 is not that much money (and yes, I am talking about the money that I work hard to make).

BTW - I did have to hire another programmer outside of your site that installed it correctly. He had it done in 20 minutes and everything worked. There was not server issue on that server, and the second programmer told us it was installed incorrectly and gave us the layout of what was wrong.

If this is that big of a deal that you are going to come in here and try to blast me on behalf of a programmer that did not give you the full story, then so be it. If it will calm you down I will pay the $20 today, but I wanted the truth known on this to everyone that only saw your side of the story, not ours.
      0 Not allowed!

If what frank is telling is the truth, i believe he is a really honest guy, threads like this shouldnt be posted, no offence.
    Freelance designer, providing CHEAP and HIGH QUALITY designs.
    EMail: webmaster[at]phatronic.com
    Y! Messenger ID: phatronic - ICQ: 159396474
    Portfolio: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75511
      0 Not allowed!

Frank,

That was for the first time you posted and the work was not done. http://rfq.programmingbids.com/cgi-b...cgi?w=nodehost

Then you posted the project again and zoltrix finished your work but the bid was for $50 and you did not pay the remainder. The installation that zoltrix did work for you and you rated him 10 stars and gave him a A+++ - you never mentioned that. When asked about the remaining payment, you said your paypal account was frozen and you would pay later - remember?

I am posting here because, you never replied to my emails that I sent you as reminders for your payment and despite about 4 of them that I sent you. I guess you forgot that you said the reason you were delaying the payment was because "your paypal account was frozen" and that you would pay and it has been 4 months. But you never did nor respond my emails and so I had to tell everyone that you are not sincere and you owe us money. You were the one who rated the programmer and it is not that much about the $20 but the promise that you made and said that you would pay after your paypal account was activated.
    Last edited by Gurudev; 07-09-2002 at 04:10 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I do not ever remember our PayPal being frozen. I am not sure what is going on there, but when I go into the office, I will look up on my computer to see if someone sent you something, but to my knowledge it was never frozen.

If that was what my old staff told you, I am sorry. I just stated up there, I posted the comments after I saw that it was installed. If your site allowed for me to change the comments, I would. I knew nothing about the software, and the customer came back and showed us what was wrong. When I saw that, I contacted zol and told him - he came back - "software problem, not mine". After paying yet a 3rd person to install this software, it finally worked, and he showed us why it would not work the first time. He did not configure the software correctly, nor did he ever link it up to the db's that it was to be linked to to work correctly. This is why I told my staff not to pay, and not to forward any more money.

Like I said, myself I am not worried about the $20. I got the money to send to you if that will make you happy. It is the principle that you are wanting me to pay for something that was not done correctly. That is where I am holding $20 of the $50 that was due. I paid for what I felt he had done.

Side note - looking at dates, that was completed 2 days prior to me leaving the office for my son. It is very possible that someone was not straight with you as if you see the topic of this thread. I am sorry if you did not get the correct information, as you do have it now. I would be MORE than happy to attempt a resolution off this board as we are getting into the whole thing again of what this thread was for (wars going on for what happened while I was out). I can be contacted directly at farena@nodehosting.com.
    Last edited by NodeHost; 07-09-2002 at 04:15 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

It was not your staff who told me that, you did. I have the email that shows your email address. If there really was a problem you should have at least had the decency to reply to my emails and let me know that it was not working and then I would have held the programmer accountable. Instead, you said you would pay later - now you are saying that your staff might have replied and I really hope that it was your staff and not you who screwed up and if so, then your staff have issues.

Sorry, I am not contacting you again as I had told you a month ago that was my last email to you. If you are really interested in resolving this and making a payment, you are welcome to login to your account and add money and pay the programmer who did the work - that's all I can say. He is the one who is owed money - our commission on that was small. If you need the login information, just email at site_contact@programmingbids.com
    Last edited by Gurudev; 07-09-2002 at 04:27 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast