Thumbs down www.hostonce.com SUCKS MAJORLY!

OMG! My site, www.trenchcoatwins.com goes thru on average 2 GB of bandwidth per day and we get around 7000 visitors per day.. we have to use free site because it's too expensive to run and I HATE ads! So I thought I had found a 'godsend' in hostonce! $60/year no limits on space or bandwidth..

On day 3 they killed us for excessive bandwidth usage! SHEESH! Why else did we sign up with them! So we also got a 'free' domain name out of the deal, right? We already had a domain so we also got trenchcoatwins.net with hostonce..

So when we asked for a refund for cancelling us they said they had to keep $16 of it in order to register the domain name which we no longer want! They advertized as a FREE domain.. so when we ask for our money back we should have gotten it all back in my opinion!

I warn you all not to use them.. they are LIARS and I plan to tell everyone I know about them!

Thanks for reading! If anyone has a solution for my bandwidth troubles, email me at [email protected]

thanks!
    Laura

Holy popups batman! With all those popups no wonder they booted you for bandwidth

*and yes I know the outside popups have nothing to do with actual bandwidth but I'd boot ya just for having all those ads

L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

Yea, this is the typical "too good to be true syndrome"

Some companies focus on the ever popular "give people a world of resources and they'll never use it anyway" notion- which definitely IS accurate but only if you apply it to the right environment.

The dreamworld they were offering is an impossibility. If you see any offer like that, 99.9999 % of the time you will end up with a very similar result.

Board was acting up, post my reply twice, sorry, user can't delete their own post.

For some reason, but it may be just me, but the name HostONCE just doesnt give me good thoughts
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

Well hopefully you learned a lesson.. Now I will just wait for someone to come along and say "Hey "no limits" is not the same as unlimited and yadda yadda yadda" anyway if your pushing 60 gigs a month do yourself a favor either get your own dedicated server or look at paying $75.00 plus for a decent plan.. Dont even bother looking at hosts that offer 60gb for 10 bucks a month because we will just end up seeing you here again in a couple of weeks.. good luck..

I fired of a complaint to them and this is what they sent back.
    Sir,

Unfortunately we are unable to enter into discussing concerning the accounts
    of third parties and are therefore unable to help you.
    I have passed your email onto our legal team who will tkae measures and use
    the full force of the law to ensure you do not harrass or defile our name.

Regards

HostOnce.com
    Not very willing to admit they were wrong, are they? I think they are a dispicable fraud

Well honestly people what did you expect for $4.95 a month?

Get a real host pay a realistic price. If not you will keep getting bounced around. Unlimited does not exsit anymore than the tooth fairy does.

What? the tooth fairy doesn't exsit

Originally posted by Monte
    Well honestly people what did you expect for $4.95 a month?

Get a real host pay a realistic price. If not you will keep getting bounced around. Unlimited does not exsit anymore than the tooth fairy does.
    Well $4.95 per month is not a bad thing, but don't expect 1 gig of space and 10 gig of transfer.

If your site is small and has little traffic then $4.95 is perfect.

Just to bad all these people are charging $4.95 for unlimited everything.

What cracks me up are plans I see like this:

$4.95 $9.95 $14.95
    space: unlimited 100 meg 200 meg
    trans.: unlimited 2 gig 4 gig

Originally posted by starnox.net
    What? the tooth fairy doesn't exsit
    Then who was it that left the quarters under my pillow?

Has my mommy and daddy been lying to me all these years?

Originally posted by ljprevo

Then who was it that left the quarters under my pillow?

I did and interest rate was compounded monthly, you owe me 1000000000000,34 $
    I accept paypal too

Originally posted by Angel78

I did and interest rate was compounded monthly, you owe me 1000000000000,34 $
    I accept paypal too
    Isn't the new name BayPal?

Not to defend hostonce or anything but I can see why they booted you off a shared server...60gigs a month? Thats not so wise to have a site pulling 60 gigs and being that large on a shared box with other users... get a dedicated box.

Did they offer unlimited transfer? Now if they did thats a different story and then your right they do suck majorly.
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

* Re: Unlimited Bandwidth.. thats always a hoot

I just thought I would say.. basically, the only way you would get
    "hassle-free" unlimited bandwidth, is if you actually know the owner of the company personally, that is what my friend does, and he is about the only one I know who has unlimited bandwidth without getting "screwed-over" by false unlimited bandwidth claims. I also think, if you are on a DEDICATED server, you get unlimited bandwidth. I am not positive, but I think you do get unlimited. Check with the server company you wish to join about this..
    Bryan,
    [Website in the works of being transferred...]

Sorry, one url again:

http://www.unlimband.com

hehe

if you are on a DEDICATED server, you get unlimited bandwidth

For the last time there is no such thing as Unlimited anything.

Read post above visit site learn....

Should we really keep knocking the host ?
    I mean if people keep falling for this trick, we might as well start knocking the customers that fall for it. Have a Unlimited Client list

Interesting this is how they discribe unlimited bandwidth

Unlimited Data Transfer
    There is no limit on the amount of disk space on our Internet servers that your accounts may consume.

LOL

bandwidth is the total bytes of files from server <-> client.

We just upped to 20 gigs/month, and it'll probably go up from there.

with the status quo of fancy websites/flash/whatever, it'll only get more.

60 gigs/month isn't a lot for a medium-large site.

Angry ok lemme explain my popups

OK you think they kicked me because of the popups? Those pop ups come from fortunecity which allowes multiple accounts. .. I have like 20 or something since they only give you 100 MB of space and they DO allow multiple accounts.. I made sure.. they are more reliable than anything else I've seen.. I just HATE the popups!

When I had hostonce I changed all my links and moved everything to them and had no popups.. 3 days of bliss practically.. and they DID offer UNLIMITED bandwidth..

And I'm apalled that hostonce sent out an email about their lawyers and crap!! People use worth of mouth advertising! If they don't like being called SUCKY and liars.. then they should provide what they say they do!

AHHH I just wanna go punch someone at hostonce.. you should read the emails they sent US!

Still hostless
    Laura

I hate hostonce.com sooooo much!!!!
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

you should read the emails they sent US!
    Post them. I'm curious.

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

Post them. I'm curious.
    I would think we are all curious.

I feel your pain. About 2-3 months ago a "friend" referred me to Hostonce. I thought about it said no way but i dont have the $$$ to spend 20$ a month on a real host. Im only 16. Im the webmaster over @ Http://clan-lod.com . So anyway's i currently have hostonce hosting and i am looking for a new host for a week now still undecided were to go @ a 16 year old's salary. Hostonce literally Host's your website once a day for a breif period of time. THe downtime is hurendous and the support sucks. dont use em. I now am lost and dont know where to go.

Never go with an unlimited host. www.unlimband.com

hostonce.com sucks, period. I was previously hosted with them, and for all the "great" stuff they offer for $5 a month, they make up for it with uptime and loading speeds. My site was down 50% of the time, and when it was up, it took about 5 minutes to load each page (I'm on cable mind you), although that might have been because they're based in Austrailia (I think) and I'm in the US. I cancelled them after 2 months and moved to gearhost, everything's been hunky dory since.

I dont understand why people continully go for unlimited hosts and super cheap hosts. Havent you kiddies ever heard, you get what you pay for? I mean spend at least 9.95 to 15-19 bucks a month and you will find that the level of support professionalism and overall hosting experience is much greater than these stupid hit and run unlimited hosts.
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

well it caught me once but it wont happen again... it suck's though. I dont know what to say i should of known it was to good of a deal...

Should of Known?

I would think anyone that knows this board well enough to post such a BLAST on it would know how to search it and know that anybody useing 60 GIG of transfer a month is going to be in violation of any UNLIMITED HOSTS tos .

Sorry I think your looking for someone to blame on this one in which you made the choice to use such a host.

Best wishes in finding a Host that will host 60 Gig monthly for 5 dollars a month!

http://www.unlimband.com
    Mike

I will host you for 3.25 a month but I gotta get a server first then i will get a apple control panel hosting server thing and then throw on that apache thing with misql and add your space to unlimted bandtiwdth for transfer. Plus I will throw in a sandwich and popcorn as well as a shiney new spamming account giving your info out to harvesters. Oh plus you should check out our new fast unlimted transfer carne asada burritos. I will give you unlimited space and you are allow to host warez and run icr bots to ruin the net on my server. I am a complete newbie and love to cause problems for serious hosts with my dedicated rs box and a finger up my ass as I rip you off. Enough for you?

That was fun!

Didn't we just have a hostonce discussion a couple of weeks ago?

Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221

Man I just fell in the floor. Laughing my ass off. What a great thread! I wish I were half as witty as you guys!