Complete lack of professionalism by dreamzsolutions.net

I usually don't believe in "Airing Dirty Laundry," however, in this case I believe it is important enough to warn others as such as warning would have saved us from wasting both time and money.

I signed up with Dreamzsolutions for a $300/month dedicated server. The server itself seemed good, however, within several days it became apparent that:

(1) The server connection was down nightly, often at 3 hour intervals.
    (2) Support responsiveness was extremely poor. For example, we did not recieve any reply for a simple reboot request for over 36 hours.

Because the above would be unacceptable for our hosting services, we canceled our account. They are now resisting refunding our unused portion (I was fine paying the setup fee), which would be standard professional service within 30
    days of purchase. The billing service agreement is also very murky as to its meaning (it implies a 30 day refund for monthly contracts.).
    Old man of the hosting world..

Why were you paying $300 a month to a company in India for a server which was in the USA and expecting responsiveness?

An idea perhaps may have been to request a support contact @ the datacentre, or goto a host that can provide you these contacts.

When spending such large amounts of money on dedicated hosting, you really need to research a company a little and not take them for face value.

It's funny how contracts become unclear and policies work against you when an issue does arise. We have all done it at some stage.

Being in India or the other side of the world has nothing to do with this IMHO. It just depends on the company you deal with. Its not like companies in USA dont act like a bunch of unprofessional monkeys. There are various companies based in USA which have pathetic support. Just my 0.02$

Regards,
    Asher.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Exact same plans as serveroutsource.net
    Exact same text as serveroutsource.net

Looks like somebody in India buying serveroutsource servers and adding a little extra on top for themselves.

Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Originally posted by Tazzman
    Exact same plans as serveroutsource.net
    Exact same text as serveroutsource.net

Looks like somebody in India buying serveroutsource servers and adding a little extra on top for themselves.
    Yes, yes it does.
    http://www.dreamzsolutions.net/network.asp?ds=network
    http://www.serveroutsource.net/network/Cogent/index.htm

either it is what you said, or they are just fully ripping stuff of serveroutsource.net

also...

http://www.cogentco.com/Difference/network_map.html

Original source I'd say. Just promoting their provider.

I meant read the words, not look at the pic.
    Microsoft's new advertising slogan -
    "Buy a Microsoft Product, Help In The Downfall Of The Internet"

I would be very interested to know if Dreamz really is a Microsoft Certified Solution Provider...

http://www.dreamzsolutions.net/images/MSSP_Logo.gif

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

I doubt they are an MCSP
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Hello Everyone!

Well now i would like to discuss things in points now.

I agree the server on which DreamzSolutions.net is hosted is with serveroutsource.net, we have only one server with serveroutsource.net and they have given us excellent service thats why we want our current server still there.

Did anyone asked what server did we gave to Hitspot?
    We gave the following server:
    AMD XP 1600
    512 RAM
    40GB HardDisk
    800 GB Bandwidth
    OS-Windows 2000 Server
    IMail 7.7
    MS SQL 2000
    Cold Fusion 5
    Hosting Controller
    (Onetime setup for Upgrades)

I dont think we can sell the above configuration through serveroutsource.net

Now the Refund issue. I request everyone who are intrested in giving there word here to please go through the below email which I have sent to MasterCard and 2checkout.com and asked there views on it if they tell me that i must refund him back $260 I will do, after all even I am a normal human being and I do have a right to defend my company!

Hello Sir/Madam,

We have given one Dedicated Server to our client on Monthly Contract on 06-25-2002. The cost of the server was $275/Setup $300/month. The client opened a support ticket and was not replied on time by us so he decided to cancel his account. He says according to our Dedicated Refund Policy we should refund him $260.00, if we dont do it then he said he will ask his bank for a chargeback. I have given the Dedicated Refund Policy below which is on our site can you please tell me that do I have to refund him back $260.00 in accordance to our refund Policy for monthly contract?

5A. Refunds within the First 30 Days of Service

For dedicated web hosting contracts longer than 3 months, a refund equal to one-half of the contract amount less any setup fees and overages will be given if DreamzSolutions is notified within the first six months of the contract term. No refunds will be given once the second half of the contract term has begun.
    For example, on a 12-month contract DreamzSolutions must receive the notice of cancellation prior

Quarterly and Monthly accounts will be eligible for a refund on any unused portion of their contract after the first 90 days of the initial setup period.

Renewals of web hosting contracts of 3 months or less will be refunded if DreamzSolutions is notified within the first 3 days following the renewal date. No refunds will be granted for notifications received after this date, and no refunds will be given before the initial 90 day setup period has been met.

This policy does not apply to any additional services such as overages, additional disk space, additional pop accounts, etc.

Please tell us as soon as posible so that we do accordingly.

Regards,
    K.Nizam

If any one supports Histspot's refund please let me know with justifications.

PLEASE DONT FORGET THE SERVER WAS ON MONTH TO MONTH CONTRACT!

Regards,
    K.Nizam

Re: Hello Everyone!

Originally posted by Dreamz
    If any one supports Histspot's refund please let me know with justifications.
    (1) The server connection was down nightly, often at 3 hour intervals.
    Breaks the 99.99% uptime advertised on your site

(2) Support responsiveness was extremely poor. For example, we did not recieve any reply for a simple reboot request for over 36 hours.
    Doesn't seem to be 24/7 technical support
    I think the above, providing it's accurate should be enough to grant a refund, whether under policy or out of curtsey.

we are doing a business here not a charity

Hi Rochen,

Thanks for your GOOD Support on this thread dont forget that you got excellent service from us till 45 Days, I agree our server on which you had a reseller account went through some problems of High CPU Usage which made the server performance down, and you cancelled your account with us.

Well you cancelled your account after 60 Days and 3 Hrs. If I wanted I wouldnt have refunded your amount but I did because you helped me a lot during our server crissis which occured 15 days back.

Here is my Question to all Hosting Companies can Clients get Rid by giving you Threats of CHARGE BACKS !

Regards,
    K.Nizam

Where did the $260 come from? From the looks of this:

===========================
    Quarterly and Monthly accounts will be eligible for a refund on any unused portion of their contract after the first 90 days of the initial setup period.

Renewals of web hosting contracts of 3 months or less will be refunded if DreamzSolutions is notified within the first 3 days following the renewal date. No refunds will be granted for notifications received after this date, and no refunds will be given before the initial 90 day setup period has been met.
    ===========================

1. It was not after 90 days, it was within 30.
    2. Was within 3 days of renewal. So future months payment could be refunded. Did you pay upfront for 2nd month?

I still don't know where $260 comes from with a $300 monthly payment. From this TOS, I don't think a refund is required. If a refund were granted, it would be out of graciousness.

Thoughts??
    BTW, I have had minimal support issues with Dreamz.

my 2 cents only.
    umpire

we are doing a business here not a charity
    LOL, is support considered to be a charity with you guys?

Re: we are doing a business here not a charity

Thanks for your GOOD Support on this thread dont forget that you got excellent service from us till 45 Days,
    Dreamz, if you want your customers to respect you. You got to respect them first.

Look at how
    bummer6666 from FDCServers.net
    Asher from hostcharge.com
    (and others)

handle their customers-related matters.

They earned their respect and trust by just being polite and friendly =)

This guy hasnt even denyed the 36 hour delay! Put me in for a vote to refund i dont' want companys like this to think they can get away with that.

That's interesting K.Nizam, becuase I also "helped" you when your server
    crashed, and let you take the dedicated server we had purchased for a few
    days to solve your problems (even though we were about to move in), and yet
    you are resisting the refund in our case (without hardly a thank you or even
    apology for the bad service.)

The $260 is for the unused portion of our monthly bill ($300), from when we first recieved a working server.

I don't agree with your interpretation of the billing contract, and even if I did:

The contract says it will require my signature, and you never did.
    You main site says 99.9% uptime & a 60 day money back guaruntee- so that seems clearly binding to me.

Regardless of the outcome of our dispute, I'm really surprised by your behavior K. Nizam. I've refunded clients who are unsatisfied, or even those who decide to leave for reasons unrelated to us, especially those who have just paid within days of deciding to cancel. In addition, I was willing to part with the $275 setup fee to compensate for your setup labor etc without
    question, even though you were extremly slow in setting things up and your service does not at all meet what it advertises (such as 99.9% uptime).

Basically, outside of the fact that I think you have misrepresented your refund policy, it was just the right thing to do, to refund me based on your poor service.

Originally posted by hitspot
    The contract says it will require my signature, and you never did.
    You main site says 99.9% uptime & a 60 day money back guaruntee- so that seems clearly binding to me.
    True, but does it specify what will happen if they don't meet the 99.9% uptime guarantee? Besides, system uptime or network uptime?

Basically, outside of the fact that I think you have misrepresented your refund policy, it was just the right thing to do, to refund me based on your poor service.
    I realise you're pissed off (and I understand why), but when you ordered, did you get a copy of the contract? If so, then that is binding, not whatever they posted on their website. Btw, you don't have to sign the contract for it to be binding (think of software licensing agreements, you don't sign those either, but they're valid...)

But anyways, I would have given you the refund...
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

I realise you're pissed off (and I understand why), but when you ordered, did you get a copy of the contract? If so, then that is binding, not whatever they posted on their website. Btw, you don't have to sign the contract for it to be binding (think of software licensing agreements, you don't sign those either, but they're valid...)

I was not provided a copy of the billing policy (to sign or read) with the order form they provided nor by email before or after ordering. However, I did find it on my own when I visited the site.

And, when reading it, it seems like the title "5A. Refunds within the First 30 Days of Service " implies a refund will be provided within 30 days. Also, regarding this part:
    "Quarterly and Monthly accounts will be eligible for a refund on any unused portion of their contract after the first 90 days of the initial setup period. "
    This only suggests a refund will be provided after 90 days (defined by them as the setup period), and that they will provide a refund for any unused portion on the 90th day. Since I had a month to month contract, and we only used a few days of the contracted service , they owed me that unused portion. ($260). The only protection for them the above suggests is that they can wait 90 days to refund that unused portion of my monthly contract.
    And, I believe to waiting 90 days to refund someone is illegal based on merchant regulations that provide 30 day money back protection.

Hi David

Well I didnt knew that you have taken in clients on this server and they inreturned canceled the account with you because of this incident.

Well I agree with "k6cheung" that we should be polite with customers, and till date we are but some how this refund is against our policy.
    Actually why I got pissed off is, we had a deal with Hitspot and he said that he is giving us time till 10th July to refund his amount of $260. And we said we will give you our decision on 10th as per your wish.
    Untill and unless everything is decided how can he spoil our company name?

But atlast I decide that I should give him a refund, and I have reasons for it, its not because of any presure from anyone!
    1. He took clients on that server and his clients in returned canceled there account with him, I know the pain when clients do that.
    2. I agree that Hitspot gave his server for our use till our server were ready, that was a real great help for us for that time which I wont forget.

David you should get a reply from us shortly !

Regards,
    K.Nizam