I'm looking for someone experienced in XHTML/CSS 2.0 design and content layout for a side project of mine. I'll provide the most details here:
2) Very clean/neat/indented markup. No bloat (don't use <img> tags etc in headers when they can be css'd)
3) Must validate in w3 when you're done
4) Able to be dynamicly layed out (I'll get to that in a sec)
6) Provide samples/portfolio of atleast 3 sites you've done.
7) Provide a phone number for me to contact you with and discuss additional things if required or if what you produce isn't what I need and you misunderstand me. (I don't detour from using kids in high school or college so don't worry about that. I prefer quality and dedication/passion in someones work, not their age or creditionals)
9) No Flash
Now, on to the task. What I need is pretty much a standard design in the sense it should have a header, footer, left panel, middle content panel, and a right panel. The right panel should be able to be turned off and on at will (some subpages will not use it, a lot of pages will). I'll be able to tell when I need it on so if you want to just make the the middle content panel 2 classes with different widths/floats/whatever that's more than sufficent, just need the ability to not use it in some areas of the site.
You will be required to not only produce a barebones (as little markup as needed) template for the layout that can toggle the right panel but you will also be required to make standard content tags look good [ie, scale down h1-h4 etc].
You will be required to take current HTML bloated table based outputs and convert them to tableless xhtml css, examples will be given but for a description think of old school ways to put border/bgs in a sortable form where the sort headers are bold with select boxes under them, and of course, since tables streth it's quite nested so the selects/text aren't gappy. Fun. Things you'll be coverting are database output loops like: news, product listing, feedback from customers, FAQs, the sitemap. I *only* care about what users and search engines see for the majority; the admin stuff and things of that nature I'll change over myself based off your source later (saves you a lot of time , trust me
You will be required to do odds and ends markup creation like the above mentioned, while it won't be EXTENSIVE amounts because the site is 100% database drive you're merely going to revamp the bloat that's used in most of the user/search engine seen content displays (which are looped outputs). Lets think SEO-friendly markup, if you will.
You'll be required to create buttons/rollovers to my likeing (I'll provide a few examples that I like and you can probably find them online or something) to be used in comination with the header. Much like, say, this forum has the home/profile/news/etc links only these will be more intergrated and blended (not to mention be images).
You will not be paid one penny if you do not satisify my needs. I'm not a kid looking to get a "professional design template" for $50. My budget is adequete for the work required. If I didn't suck so much at graphics I'd do it myself but since I'm a programmer and not an artist/photoshop guru I'll stick to coding the backend.
You'll hand over full rights, PSDS and all, to all of your work when completed. It's mine to do what I please with, including selling it at later date. However, while I don't post much at WHT anymore I have well over 30 websites, 24 being COMMERCE, and I need front ends to my webapplications every month or two and I'd love to find a new designer who produces quality in a timely fashion so if you do well and I like it a lot you can expect to get contacted in the future for more work.
You know XML/XSLT. If you can create tags for some of my looped contents (I can go in depth on the phone) and use XSLT/XSL on them then I'd pay you a lot more as that really makes porting the backend so much faster. A lot of people don't know this (xml I'm sure) and it's hard to find someone who can do all of it together, that's for sure. If you "kind of" know it then it's probably of little to use. There's not much time to play and tinker; this project/investment is already 2 months overdue. I'm sitting on a few grand of investments with no returns on this site and I'm on my 3rd designer.
Final project info:
- Deadline: 4 weeks (unless you want to go xsl/xslt route) - I'd prefer frequent updates though, and sooner is better. I have 70k~ lines of backend code to sort through and update to this new site so I'm tryng to launch the site within 2 months and I'm allotting each of us 1 month. =]
- Budget: $750-2,000 USD
- Payment: Business check from my primary/parent company [Darktides Communicatons LLC], or PayPal (masspay so no fees); Please understand I recieve the project before I pay for it
, but you can search here/google for my business name as an insurance policy and I have no problem what-so-ever
using a moderator here to mediate the money transfer.
Please post here and then PM me, but please do not waste my time. This will require a lot more time/work than dumping a template, and the fact this site has nothing to do with Webhosting, or hosting in general, means most of your clipart and such is useless. If you cannot actually make graphics then don't bother!