Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WireNine - first 2 months

Hello all. I've been using Wirenine for 2 months and found their service extremely superb compared to other companies, so I thought I'd share my experience with everyone.

I first visited Wirenine's website expecting the typical: Ridiculous amounts of diskspace and bandwidth for less than a happy meal at McDonalds and pictures of computers and servers all over the place. So I surfed around and noticed that the every question asked in the WireNine forums was answered by a Wirenine employee - no not just a regular employee, but the CEO. How often does the CEO of a company come out and talk to its customers? After much consideration, I went for WireNine.

I paid $3.99 for the beginner's package and got more than what I bargained for. Instead of being treated like a number, I felt like an actual customer at Wirenine. Their support is so frickin' fast that I never ever found myself asking, "When is this damn company going to answer."... well... except once ^^ Almost all of my tickets have been answered in less than 10-30 minutes. The staff are very friendly and patient and even gave me a few pieces of advice for my blog when all I paid for was webhosting.

Uptime is really good. The only time my site ever went down was when I got the "digg effect", but they quickly took care of the problem when I contacted them.

The only complaint I have is (I had to think for this one lol) that I often edit my site at night, and the server backups tend to slow down the site a bit at around 2AM.

They've got great Cpanel Hosting and Reseller. I recommend you guys to give Wirenine a shot. It's pretty much a win-win. If you don't like it, they've got a 60-day money back guarantee, but you probably won't be needing that anyway =P

You can check out Wirenine at http://www.wirenine.com

Oh, and if you were wondering about my blog, you can find it at:
    http://www.vistarewired.com

Great review. It comes as no surprise that WireNine is doing a good job as I don't recall ever seeing anything bad about them on here.

I like your site as well and hope everything continues to go smoothly.

Great job with the review.
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Thanks for taking time to share your nice review with us.

Awesome review :-)
    \\\\ High Performance Business Grade LiteSpeed Hosting
    //// Shared \|/ Reseller \|/ Dedicated \|/ Custom Tailored Solutions \|/ Domains \|/ SSL Certs
    \\\\ get WIRED \|/ general(AT)wiredwebwork.com \|/ 240-670-HOST
    //// True Quality 24/7 support(Chat, Email, Ticket) 9-5 est. phone support

I very much appreciate your comments, thank you for posting your feedback on our services.

Great review and keep up the good work, WireNine!

Great Review!

What happend when your site got the "digg effect"? The server went down? or just your site was disabled?

Right now the sites actually loading very slowly......

Right now the sites actually loading very slowly......
    Loads ok for me.

At the bottom of the page we can even see:

42 queries. 0.081 seconds.
    Of course, with images and all, it took a lot longer than that to actually load the page. This very forum page took even longer.

The site is loading nice and fast here as well.

I m looking for a new host and was excited to see this. Then I checked them out and they didnt meet my one need - ability to send over 200 e-mail recipints an hour (not that i do it every hours but there are some I do).

My site was disabled but I contacted support and it was up and going again

Thanks for the review, glad to hear you are very happy with your host!

Keep us updated on how it continues to go in the future.
    LaneHost.com | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers at Great Prices!
    Follow us on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crazlunatic
    My site was disabled but I contacted support and it was up and going again
    Disabled? What was the reason for that?

Disabled? What was the reason for that?
    Digg.com's first page. What is known as the digg effect.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    Digg.com's first page. What is known as the digg effect.
    Could you please expand on that statment. I have never heard of that before.
    *G.C. SOLUTIONS Elastic Sites Shared Web Hosting* - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Website On A Whole New Level
    *Dedicated Resource Usage Experts*

Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    Could you please expand on that statment. I have never heard of that before.
    I think this may be a better explanation than anything I can give you
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digg_effect

Thanks makes much more sense now.
    *G.C. SOLUTIONS Elastic Sites Shared Web Hosting* - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Website On A Whole New Level
    *Dedicated Resource Usage Experts*

Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    Thanks makes much more sense now.
    The digg effect on a shared hosting server is really a killer, being on the homepage of digg.com and hosted in a shared environment could bring down the server or take the load extremely high slowing down all the web sites with time outs and services failing. You have no choice but to suspend the customer's web site in that particular situation.

I'm satisfied with WireNine's uptime and customer support, but I have one issue. My site is small, but all database driven (forum). I notice it doesn't run fast on Wirenine servers in comparison to other two hosting companies very similar sites are hosted on. It seems the response time is pretty slow. I didn't write to Wirenine's support about that as I don't think they can do anything about it (since it's my subjective opinion) unless to replace servers to faster ones. In this case I mean server: wire1.wirenine.com, this IP: 208.101.59.194.

Quote Originally Posted by tomaszb3
    I'm satisfied with WireNine's uptime and customer support, but I have one issue. My site is small, but all database driven (forum). I notice it doesn't run fast on Wirenine servers in comparison to other two hosting companies very similar sites are hosted on. It seems the response time is pretty slow. I didn't write to Wirenine's support about that as I don't think they can do anything about it (since it's my subjective opinion) unless to replace servers to faster ones. In this case I mean server: wire1.wirenine.com, this IP: 208.101.59.194.
    Well, unless you actually bring it to their attention I don't see how they can resolve it

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Well, unless you actually bring it to their attention I don't see how they can resolve it
    But I don't think there is something wrong other than possibly hardware is not too fast or server is overloaded.

they didnt meet my one need - ability to send over 200 e-mail recipints an hour (not that i do it every hours but there are some I do).
    I noticed that several of the hosts I have been checking out have that in their policies. And no more than a certain number of POP checks per hour. Are these standard policies?

Quote Originally Posted by tomaszb3
    But I don't think there is something wrong other than possibly hardware is not too fast or server is overloaded.
    How do you know this? There could be a completely different issue, and even if you are correct, have you considered that they may move you to another server?

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    How do you know this? There could be a completely different issue, and even if you are correct, have you considered that they may move you to another server?
    Because I host a dozen of sites with a dozen of different hosts. Again, my goal is not to claim Wirenine is a bad host (if it was that bad I wouldn't have hosted with them); I just hope this is something temporary. I don't like my site being moved as I've had a bad experience with companies that used to move sites and for a few days everything was perfect until they.. moved a heavy site back to where my moved site was..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast