How easy is OpenSRS to use?

I am considering going for opensrs since they seem to have a good reputation but I have 1 or questions that I can;t find on their site.

1) How easy is it to link into their API?

2) How does the API work do I do a system them enter domains manually or can it all be automated?

3) is there a minimum depost required?

4) how do the .co.uk e.t.c domains work and how does one go about getting an ISPTag.

Cheers In advance.

Ian

Opensrs has two implementations

Full: Using the API/client code
    Quick Start: Register domains via a web interface.

To be allowed to register .co.uk or any of the other TLD's they offer you need to sign an additional contract.

You will not have an IPSTAG.
    UK domains registered through OpenSRS are on the tag TUCOWS-CA

Customers can change thier name servers but changing IPSTAG requires them to fax to Canada.
    Its not pleasant.
    I had a meeting with Tucows 2 weeks ago to present these issues.
    Tucows currently register about 2000 uk domains per month and they are angling for our .uk business as it would boost it considerably.

There would be many advantages for us in doing this for at least one of our brands but they would need to get the tag change automated.

I would recommend getting your won TAG and joining Nominet.
    Its still the best way forward but you will need to run a parallel renewal reminder system (Tucows automates the .com etc ones)

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

if you are familiar with the Unix environment, it should be no big problem to implement their Perl api.

Please note that you will need to link it together with your real-time merchant account API, but should be no problems if you know perl (well, depends if your merchant gateway offers perl interface or c,php,java,asp)...

But if your volume is low - I suggest you use their web interface..

ps. I know people that implement their API, but do not link directly with merchant gateway API, but process the cards by hand, thus avoiding to enter the same information twice in opensrs web management interface (well, they still need to type some information to charge the card...)

You should play around with their API and you will find out

Originally posted by apollo

ps. I know people that implement their API, but do not link directly with merchant gateway API, but process the cards by hand, thus avoiding to enter the same information twice in opensrs web management interface (well, they still need to type some information to charge the card...)

You should play around with their API and you will find out
    If you remove the CC field stuff from the API and as an example link to 2checkout or revcom they need to submit the information only once.