Question Which Of These Web Hosts Would You Recommend? Please Help ...

If ANYONE has had ANY experience at all with the following web hosts, I would love to hear from you ASAP:

- 360host.com
    - TQHosting.com
    - HostMonster.org
    - ClickNet Solutions
    - Win-Hosting.co.uk
    - Barefooting.com
    - Unlimited Hosting Plans .com
    - AvidNewMedia.com
    - Wholemilk.net

I would really appreciate it if I could have some relevant and suitable advice as to which of these web hosts I should use. I need a GOOD, RELIABLE, REPUTABLE and FAST web host with near to 100% uptime, for a 2-megabyte,
    NON-adult, business website that would have around 1000 hits/month at the most. I also want to make sure that the webhost I use has good customer support and good technical support ...

If anyone has ANY RELEVANT comments to make regarding THESE web hosts, then please feel free to post them here in this thread or PM me ...

Thanx guys
    Last edited by Danni; 07-07-2002 at 07:31 PM.

Hey Danni,

I'm one of the BareFooting.com founders, so I can't really brag about our service. I haven't worked with any of the other hosts in the past either, so I just posted to let you know we are listening

Good luck finding the perfect host for you,

Jeremy
    ::: Jeremy C. Wright :::
    http://www.ensight.org

I do believe Win-Hosting.co.uk and Unlimited Host Plans are both fasthost resellers, so thats something to consider. (ns1/2 Livedns.co.uk)

All I can say is DON'T go with the unlimited hosting plans company.

As synthetic said... Learn now... Stay away from unlimited hosts...

Just do a search of this board for unlimited horror's and you'll find pages and pages of this discussion...

Win-Hosting.co.uk
    & Barefoot are the only names that sound familar (i.e. members of this board, or I've read about them somewhere)...

Never used either...

Maybe a good tip would be to post your needs (storage/bandwidth/ server side includes php/mysql or asp/mssql etc...) in the hosting requests forum and do a search on the board for comments about the replying host...

Aside from that... research your purchase.... Your on the right track already...
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

I would say hostmonster.org is a nice host. they have nice support on AIM and i am sure they can get you what you want.

barefooting.com

I was surfing these forums and thought I would reply to this as I have actual experience from the list above.

I don't want to rubbish the ones I have used and left, maybe they just weren't right for my needs.

But I am using barefooting.com at present for a friends sunbed business site, and I must say I am very happy with thier hosting plans that I use.
    The hosting package is good and the site was up and running within 24hrs. The support is where most hosters fail the customer, but at Barefooting.com I found the level of support first class and straight to the point. None of this 'we will have a look within 24/48 hours' nonsence.

At the end of the day it's important to choose what is satisfying your needs, sometimes that can be cost or sometimes it can be databases, the package has got to suit YOU.

But imho if you find a host that is worth the money and you get out of it what you need then tell others, they could be looking too.

So Barefooting.com gets my vote!

Rab

I appreciate your kind words, Rab. Like Jeremy said, I can't preach about our company, but I'm grateful for customers like you who help make us who we are.

I'm really hearing good things about clicknetsolutions.com. Great customer service and affordable prices.

Originally posted by Synthetic
    All I can say is DON'T go with the unlimited hosting plans company.
    Why not, do you not like unlimited hosting?

I am hosting my current websites on TQhosting and couldn't be happier.
    The servers are FAST, and my uptime monitors haven't reported a single downtime in the month and a half that I've been there.

Originally posted by iamdave
    Why not, do you not like unlimited hosting?
    Yeah we would LOVE Unlimited Hosting but unfortunately it doesnt exist.

Coz

1, There is no Unlimited Size HardDrive in market.
    2, There is no BW company that provide Unlimited BW to Hosts with LIMITED Fees.

So if a company is offering Unlimited BW they must be charging you Unlimited $$$$, or they are dead.
    █ Quickly check if a site is down or not - http://down.is
    █ Remote & easy to use ... down.is/webhostingtalk.com

I havent used any of em.......
    however, I would recommend barefooting.....I have had some limited dealings with one of the owners and all went well.....

cheers
    --

I am all for unlimited hosting plans !!!!

Although I have not had hands-on experience with any of these hosts, I can tell you that the people running BareFooting.com will not let you down.