Threaded View

My car ran out of oil. Need quick help...

Please forgive the incredibly stupid question I'm about to ask but my car is old and has 150,000 miles on it and so lately it has been burning/leaking oil. So I just checked the oil level and the oil doesn't even show up on the stick!

So that means the oil is too low and I don't dare drive it until I put some oil into it. This car is a year 2000... and two years after I owned it the oil pump was messed up and this car's entire engine ceased and I had to pay $4,500 bucks for a new engine. I don't want that to happen again! This happened even though I was getting oil changes at least every 3,000-6,000 miles. So this should have never happpened. Piece of junk!

I need to quickly fill it up with oil but am not sure where to pour it. Okay I do know where to pour it but I have never done it before and have never looked where other people pour it so I am double checking before I accidentally pour the oil into the transmission.

If somebody could help me... pretty please... see this picture... the arrow shows where I check the oil of course. But the area that I have circled in the pic is where I should pour the oil, right?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Frosty; 04-13-2007 at 02:28 PM.