Hybrid View

* I need info on past experiences w/ Featureprice and looking for another host

I chanced upon webhostingtalk.com not more than 2 hours ago and had been reading previous posts.

Regarding Featureprice, I signed up with them days ago and noticed that the time it takes to load up my site is simply too long. What should have loaded in less than 5-10 seconds on dial-up connection takes minutes.

I sent them a message on the help desk about this and ask if there is any possibiliy that my site is hosted on a really busy machine, and in a few hours, I received a message about my problem being fixed. No reasons or explanations given.

Now after reading all the previous posts here regarding featureprice, I am beginning to think my ass is on the line! I smell disaster here... for me.

To those who have previously hosted with them and asked for their money back, please post what happened so I may be guided accordingly.

I would also like to hear suggestions on new hosts. While I am tackling this issue with featureprice, I have to change my dns settings back to addr.com. Good thing I have not yet terminated my account with them.

Basically, I am looking for unix virtual hosting that gives just about the same package as addr silver package plus my sql. more features should be ok and offer more possibilities in the future for me.

I also want a fast host. Addr is not so bad but a faster host would be nice.

Also, another question... I am using everyone.net to offer free email address using my domain name. My mx record points to everyone.net and I think this has prevented me from being able to use sendmail for ... say postcard scripts, and others that requires sendmail. Any info here is appreciated.

THANK YOU!

Seeing that you only have the needs of what there silver plan offers I dont think you should have any problem at all. Might want to post a request over in the shared hosting request forum and you should get some pretty good offers. I also noticed addr's site loading very slow maybe they are having some type of networking issues.. Well good luck in your search.

So far this host has been ok. Some outages have occured. However, I have been researching the company and the owners and some things just don't seem to click. I see where they are going but, I'm not sure the systems are totally secure. Given the world events of late, I have become cautious. If I have my choice, I would like to choose who I share space with on a server with, if you know what I mean. Go to netcraft.com and enter hosting-network.com (the parent company of FeaturePrice) and look at the things that come up. Also check what is on the the site for software. Below the downtime chart, click on Hosting-Network.com right below the netblock header. Start checking out some of those sites within the netblock and look at their orgin. You may be surpirsed to see where some of the website originate from. I'm not exactly comfortable with it yet. Maybe i share a server with this site: www.roothack.com (I hope not). I choice featureprice because of the FreeBSD OS, but I have to bale, and move the website to a Verio (who cares about the money) if safety security of the data become an issue.
    Last edited by intellec; 07-08-2002 at 11:35 PM.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

I choice featureprice because of the FreeBSD OS, but I have to bale, and move the website to a Verio (who cares about the money) if safety security of the data become an issue.
    You moved your website to another host after how long staying with Featureprice? Did you get refund?

I decided to start a web host account at Verio for that domain.
    I did not want to take the chance of losing data or getting hacked. To me, it's worth paying the extra bucks.

I can still use the FeaturePrice account for an emergency and i have some domain without developed sites.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....