hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Kanapei - Be aware of this [WHT Member]

Forum Jump

Kanapei - Be aware of this [WHT Member]

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
WHT Addict

Kanapei - Be aware of this [WHT Member]

I posted a thread around a week ago about needing a 3D designer.. This individual message me saying he can provide the services. After I sent him the deposit ($400) he stopped getting back to me.. He was suppose to tell show me previews which he said he had. You kno what he told me? "I dont work on the weekends" ... He wouldnt take a minute to show me a preview, which he obviously didnt have.. Now he tells paypal that he tried contacting me.. Im still fighting with paypal to have the money refunded.. But we all know how useless paypal can get. I just hope this guy just refunds the money that isnt his.

He tells me how he created big 3D projects for commercials in the US.. its all bs. Becareful.

Sponsored Links
Old
& Goliath

While I don't know much about the situation (if anything) I do know that Kanapei seems to be an upright fellow from my interaction with him.

I hope you get the situation resolved though. As far as working on the weekends goes: I can understand, neither would I

Communication is key in most contractual positions though. Try to define the terms of what you want ahead of your next project so you avoid these sort of miscommunications in the future.

Old
Community Guide

Quote:
After I sent him the deposit ($400) he stopped getting back to me
When will people learn?

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Addict

David... He was onliline and said he had the preview, I asked him to show me but said "I dont work on weekendS".. I asked him how long it takes, he said a minute.. you explain why he couldnt show me something?.. Then he said 80% chance he will show me the next day, 100% chance he will show me monday.. Monday passed, nothing from him..

Old
Temporarily Suspended

One thing, why would you pay someone BEFORE they show you previews?

Old
Chilling in Pen Island

Really, I feel sorry for you, but you brought this upon your self.

1) Trusting a stranger.
2) Paying before you even saw a preview
3) Paying $400 before you saw a preview

Old
I'm Back!

Did you pay with paypal using a credit card or straight from your bank account? If you use a credit card you can easily start a charge back with your credit card instead of paypal.

Old
WHT Addict

it came from the paypal balance itself... martint, before I send the 400 he showed me an image of the map I gave him placed on Maya so I thought ok, he has maya, hes not bs'ing me.. He showed me a bunch of images as well saying they were his.

He even lied to paypal saying he sent me emails. If anyone knows this individual's contact information please PM me. My partners and I are going to take actions towards him. Not only for the money but also for being a liar.

Old
I'm Back!

Well for $400 I'm not sure if you can do much or spend more energy on it, if you can't get the money back i guess all you can do is forget a bout it and put it as loses. This kind of problems happens, learn from it.

Old
WHT Addict

yup, thats why I want to warn everyone.. Hopefully he makes a fair choice and refunds the money back..

Old
Web Hosting Master

You kinda deserve it.

Even a person living in the moon would know not to trust just anyone, and for $400!!

Peace,

Old
WHT Addict

No body deserves it.

Old

Wow, sorry to hear about that. If I knew anything about 3d design I would be more than willing to help you. Hope you get you money back.

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnv
No body deserves it.
In the sense that you gave away $400 without seeing an ounce of work, then it is kind of your fault.

Old
Chilling in Pen Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreid
In the sense that you gave away $400 without seeing an ounce of work, then it is kind of your fault.
Cant agree more.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
App-Aware Storage Provider Tintri Raises $75M in Pre-IPO Funding Round Web Hosting News 2014-02-13 12:56:26
Vantage Data Centers Names Sureel Choksi President and CEO Web Hosting News 2013-07-19 10:18:27
i2Coalition Adds Two to Board of Directors Web Hosting News 2013-03-14 07:38:45
TelecityGroup Names Two Independent Non-Executive Directors Web Hosting News 2013-03-06 14:24:51
i2Coalition Members Gather at Capitol Hill for Internet Advocacy Day Web Hosting News 2013-02-27 10:36:51