hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : email clients

Forum Jump

email clients

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
WHT Addict

email clients

I am trying to find a good solution for email. I use a Linux based server running CestOS, WHM and cpanel. I absolutely hate the webmail clients that come with cpanel (horde, squirrel mail, neomail) so I use outlook instead. Problem is, I use the same email between different computers and end up getting the same messages twice. This does not seem to matter if I use pop3 or IMAP; I still get the same emails in both places.

What I would like to see is a possibility of a mail client that is either web based, or something I can add to my server that allows me to take advantage on IMAP - and have it work like it is supposed to. I like the functionality of pop3 in outlook because it allows you to easily delete and maintain a clean inbox.

Any help or suggestions you have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Greg

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2007, 05:15 PM
WHT Addict

I saw something recently that looked perfect for you. I'll post it here as soon as I find it.

EDIT: This is a new gmail feature that allows you pop3 access. http://mail.google.com/mail/help/whatsnew_getmail.html

Last edited by YourWebSpace; 03-21-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:17 PM
WHT Addict

Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to it

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Greece

You can install RoundCube. It uses AJAX and it's like gmail. Have look here:

www.roundcube.net

Old 03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitac
I am trying to find a good solution for email. I use a Linux based server running CestOS, WHM and cpanel. I absolutely hate the webmail clients that come with cpanel (horde, squirrel mail, neomail) so I use outlook instead. Problem is, I use the same email between different computers and end up getting the same messages twice. This does not seem to matter if I use pop3 or IMAP; I still get the same emails in both places.

What I would like to see is a possibility of a mail client that is either web based, or something I can add to my server that allows me to take advantage on IMAP - and have it work like it is supposed to. I like the functionality of pop3 in outlook because it allows you to easily delete and maintain a clean inbox.

Any help or suggestions you have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Greg
Greg,

When IMAP is properly configured it synchronizes your email folder or folders across multiple platforms including webmail and clients. It does this by maintaining a constant connection with the IMAP server. If your set-up is not functioning in this manner, odds are your client or server are not properly configured. If you need help you can PM me or reply, but I am also a member of another forum (www.emailaddresses.com/forum) and we get people in your situation all the time asking the very same types of questions so the information there might be beneficial to you.

Cheers,

Logan

Old 03-23-2007, 12:49 PM
WHT Addict

Thanks for all your help and suggestions, I will try these out and report back

Old 03-23-2007, 03:17 PM
WHT Addict

I installed roundcube and am trying that out; looks pretty cool so far.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Problem Solver

Roundcube is a very nice webmail client. It is more user friendly in my opinion compared to horde and squirrelmail. You have made a good choice.

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
UK Web Host Shard Hosting Ends Service Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 11:04:08
Webair Launches Geographically Redundant Hosted Email Service, ProtoMail Web Hosting News 2012-12-11 18:04:09
Dutch Web Host Protagonist Offers SpamExperts Spam Email Filtering Service Web Hosting News 2012-11-28 17:18:15
Email Security Provider SpamExperts Opens Bucharest, Romania Office Web Hosting News 2012-09-28 12:09:17
Web Host Endurance to Offer Open-Xchange Email Services to Customers Web Hosting News 2012-05-30 13:49:44