Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't care where it lands, as long as the person on the other side of the call takes care of me I am fine.

If I ever call support, and get an indian help desk, I immediately hangup.
    Plain and simple.

-Jarrett

The only time I have an issue with overseas support is when the person on the phone has such a thick accent that I can not understand them and have to repeatedly as them to repeat themselves. For support in general (domestic and over-seas) I get greatly annoyed whenthey refuse to listen to what you tell them and insist on going through the canned answers on their screen.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by wifiguru
    If I ever call support, and get an indian help desk, I immediately hangup.
    Plain and simple.

-Jarrett
    Is it because of the language problem ? or any other issues ?
    Regards,
    Dream E - dreaming online

I have to agree with everyone else really. By the way, I am Indian and live in the UK and was born in the UK.

I phoned up to cancel my broadband with Orange (a huge mobile phone provider in the UK) and I was diverted to an Indian helpdesk (based in Mumbai because I researched).

The phone was answered by "John" and I simply stated I wanted to cancel which he responded by saying something to the effect that I couldn't. He repeated this sentence around 18 times during our conversation and it was clear he was reading this sentence from a sheet of paper.

Eventually, I ended up speaking Indian with John and he was clearly delighted with the fact that I could speak to him in his mother tongue. Problem solved within 2 seconds and a nice chat about the weather, his real name "Jaswinder" and the fact that he couldn't understand a word of English and was reading most of his stuff from a clipboard with no training whatsoever.

I felt like issuing a complaint to Orange but I didn't want to get Jaswinder into trouble because clearly it wasn't his fault he didn't understand English and was employed with no training.

Cheers - Dav
    Gotta check out this superb site...
    http://www.thecelebritydatabase.com/forum/

If the support department meets my expectations and fixes whatever is the reason I'm calling.. then I don't care where they are located.

Funny story:

I called "tech support" for my linksys router about a month ago, because it was constantly rebooting itself. I ended up talking to some guy with an Indian accent, and after about 5 minutes of just trying to explain what "reboot" meant... I finally asked him if he could please look at the back of the router and see the "reset" button.

(My intention was to show him that the problem I had was that this button seems to be pressed by invisible hands every 10 minutes.)

He politely told me that he does not have any pictures of the back of the router.

We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12