Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dot5hosting NEW Look

Hello,
    Dot5hosting.com are proud to introduce there new look, please could you take the time to have a quick look over it and let us know what you think.

Thank You For Your Time

Mark

site looks nice.......
    reminiscent of pixelbrick.........I dont know, maybe they made it.......

I just found the home page a little cluttered, I didnt really know where to focus my attention........

cheers
    --

Very nice very clean and easy to get around.. Thumbs up

yep very nice

Very slick. Yes, it does have that Pixelbrick feel to it.

One point: Go through the site and check for spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

For instance, on the Company page, in the Huston area of Texus should be corrected.

Another example - in your TOS page, The following Terms of Service must be agreed by the Customer is grammatically incorrect.

It may seem like a minor point, but spelling and grammar reflect the overall look, professionalism and credibility of a site. It would be a shame to have a little carelessness take away from such a well designed site.

Great job.
    BTW, is this a Pixelbrick design?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

It would have Designed by: PixelBrick at the bottom or somewhere if it was. The design looks great
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

Possibly. Does Pixelbrick insist on displaying their name on all sites or does the customer have any say? I would think that for the price tag, the customer should be able to decide.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I liked your old site too, it was clean and simple.

The price for a PixelBrick design goes up if you want to remove the credits.

This design looks like the work of i3optic, aka Adam of Paradise Designs.
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz
    StyleMy.com

Yep its "i3optic" But nothing to do with PD
    dot5hosting.com
    chris@dot5hosting.com
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

Oh, good good.
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz
    StyleMy.com

Great looking site. Right when I saw it I thought it looked like something from "i3optic".

I love the header though the main body of the site looks a bit cluttered. It just feels like certain elements didn't have a place and were forced into the design. The secondary pages do a much better job of putting things together in my opionon.

Regardless it does look nice.

Andrew

Well, i'm glad you all like it, were all chuffed to bits with it here! Just a few minor thing that we need to change. Thanks for your input, and I would give i3optic top marks for his comitment to the project, I felt like he wanted the site to succeed as much as we did!

Take care,
    dot5hosting.com
    chris@dot5hosting.com
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

The old design was better IMO.

the text in the top buttons just seems pixelated, other then that. great job.

yeah this does look great!

I really like the new site however I would make a sugesstion that you revert back to the old logo. The one you have now gets lost in the page and the other one was nicer. Good luck.
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

yes the old logo and slogan will be inputted into the new site

I liked the old deign much better.. I get lost in the new one..

Also why would you ever want Legal any thing as the first thing a user sees. I mean i go to the site and you read left to right. Well you see the nav at the top cme down BAM legal.. As a user i could care less about this when i am looking for hosting.

Looks nice... did i3optic also design http://www.mehost.com/ ? It has a similar feel.
    Jay » jay@frontdrive.com • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Adam, Is a staff which did design mehost.com. Dot5Hosting was done directly though on one on one without dealing with us. Basically, MEHost.com was a client of ours that Adam designed for since he is a staff.

I liked your old one much more
    A few comments of what should be improved ( at least that's what I think ) ;

- the buttons at the top right need to get more attention
    - the text 'welcome to dot5hosting' , 'all inclusive' and 'customer review' need to get another color.
    - the prices of your packages need to go more up so people can see them rightaway - so they won't have to scroll down to the bottom.
    - the fonts used for 'company info' 'reseller package' , 'privacy', 'site map' and 'legal' need to be changed - it's really hard to read.

I hope these comments are usefull for you.
    Again - Your previous site was simple, but easy to navigate and very clear - I really liked it

The design looks nice, but is quite similar to many other web hosting sites being produced nowadays.

I hontesly prefered the previous design, it was much less complicated. But again, the design is pretty good.

Are all of these sites all based on the same template?

Ive seen several sites that use the same elements, the same location of elements, just changed here and there, and I mean changed at the code and image level but they all equal out to be "Inspired" to the point of making you wonder.

Dot5's old site was better because it identified them as unique, that is worth more than anything else, brand loyalty... this looks like it might instill automated and reproduced from other elements to the customers eyes, but again only personal opinions stated here, no offence pugy, but I actually liked the old layout and hoped that it would have been "matured", not entirely changed.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Anyway I can see the old design?

The person that designed that site and also http://www.mehost.com/ does some great work. Is he cheaper than PixelBrick? (I am not looking for a design, just out of curiosity).
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

Just posting to thank you guys for taking the time to review the site, plenty of points to work from, good and bad. A great range of views, thanks a lot.

- Adam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast